The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Toolbox

Notices

Toolbox Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 25th, 2011, 11:56 PM
AustinWolff
has left

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon456 View Post
Setvar: a code used to set a var, which is why it's called setvar.
Flag: certain codes for activating events. you need setflag to activate a flag event.
thanks? also, how could I use a var to my advantage in scripting?
Old November 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
swiftgallade46
Legend

Nature: Naive
I would suggest adding the "give pokedex/ nationaldex" to the script generator or putting it into the give item section unless you think it's too minor to be made into a whole new section in which case can you tell me how to do it for the national dex right here?
and ever
Old November 26th, 2011, 11:51 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftgallade46 View Post
I would suggest adding the "give pokedex/ nationaldex" to the script generator or putting it into the give item section unless you think it's too minor to be made into a whole new section in which case can you tell me how to do it for the national dex right here?
If Pokedex / National dex can't be selected with "give item" command, it's not recognized as an item in the game.

To make the game give you a National dex, check how the script, in which you receive the "item", works in the original rom file.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old November 27th, 2011, 09:21 AM
swiftgallade46
Legend

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
If Pokedex / National dex can't be selected with "give item" command, it's not recognized as an item in the game.

To make the game give you a National dex, check how the script, in which you receive the "item", works in the original rom file.
Well that's another thing. I've selected PKSV as my scrpit editor in Advance- Map but everytime I try to open scrpit to see what I need to edit, it gives me the error "No ROM open!" and then it opens a blank PKSV page...
*EDIT* nvm fixed
and ever

Last edited by swiftgallade46; November 28th, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old December 20th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Pink Typholsion
When I step outside... ♥

Nature: Relaxed
How do I put the scripts in A-Map? I press on the character and it just freezes my game. :I

Meloetta
Master the Arts

OfficiallyClaimed:

Old December 25th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Roboto-kun
is an Ace Trainer.

Nature: Jolly
So today, I tried starting PKSV up. Then this error pops up: "Could not lo ad Scintilla.dll! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!".

I am aware someone already posted this question, but the solution didn't seem to work for me. It used to work before, but it won't work today. Strange. So I deleted it and re-downloaded and re-extracted it, but when I opened it, it still does the same thing! I don't know what to do now... I'm supposed to release the beta version of my game one month from now, but it seems it would be delayed.

Edit: It's fixed now. ^0^

l l

Last edited by Roboto-kun; December 26th, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:08 AM
dʒɹʌmpfʼt̚
alors on danse

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Typholsion View Post
How do I put the scripts in A-Map? I press on the character and it just freezes my game. :I
Did you compile to the wrong offset? That could be a problem.

For me, the first time I scripted I didn't compile correctly, and a garbled text box appeared. So double check whatever you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboto-kun View Post
So today, I tried starting PKSV up. Then this error pops up: "Could not lo ad Scintilla.dll! Make sure you extracted PKSV-UI correctly!".

I am aware someone already posted this question, but the solution didn't seem to work for me. It used to work before, but it won't work today. Strange. So I deleted it and re-downloaded and re-extracted it, but when I opened it, it still does the same thing! I don't know what to do now... I'm supposed to release the beta version of my game one month from now, but it seems it would be delayed.
Try running the AssociateShell (or whatever) file, and if all else fails, just download it again, I guess.

And wow, good luck to you, and I hope you finish your hack! Two gyms is a very long process for me...*sad*

could you ····ing not
·
Old December 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Roboto-kun
is an Ace Trainer.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
Try running the AssociateShell (or whatever) file, and if all else fails, just download it again, I guess.
Nevermind, I rebooted my PC and it started working again. o.o

l l
Old March 7th, 2012, 05:32 AM
onelifeleft
McLovin Waffles

Hello! I have a problem with PKSV and Pokemon Gold. I've set PKSV as my script editor in JohtoMap, but when I try to decompile scripts I just get an error message. See attachements for a print screen of the error. Thanks for reading and I hope to solve this soon.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png‎ (152.4 KB, 25 views)
Old March 9th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Albey1992
Beginning Trainer

Every time I try making a give pokemon script nothing happens and that goes for anything other than give item Image attached
Attached Images
File Type: png Poke script.png‎ (141.7 KB, 22 views)
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:53 PM
pokemaniaco
Beginning Trainer

Hi everybody!
I'm sorry but I'm a noob here and I don't know where to post this question:

I'm using Advancemap and pksv as script editor.
I've made so far 3 talking scripts (using script generator of pksv) on the same map, and they work perfectly.
But when I create a 4th talking script on the same map, the person with that script only says the 2nd or 3rd script.
What it's happening and how should I correct this?
Thank you so much in advance for your answer.
Best regards,
Pokemaniaco :P
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:55 PM
MrElephant
Pokemon Researcher

Nature: Serious
Try not to open a dead blog anymore. OK, but I think the problem is the program. You have to open it up again and restart because the program just goes over the older thing that you have made. This has happened to me to. I have to redo a whole city because of it. It says as you try to make a new script that you should try to save your work, but I didn't so now I have to redo it. Hope this helped.
Old April 4th, 2012, 10:32 AM
twotuff420
Beginning Trainer

Can someone tell me step by step how to put Kyogre in my game? I'm remaking fire red right now and i want to put Kyogre in a mountain, I found a sprite for him now i just need to know how to make it a battle with him at lvl 40 when you hit a on it.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
parmpreet001
Beginning Trainer

i have a question i just made a Pokemon trainer script and i don't know how to check the offset. If any one can help i will give them a cookie.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 03:16 PM
happygasproductions
Beginning Trainer

In your basic tutorial, you say to go to 'Settings' in Advance Map, and choose the script porgram from there. Well, I don't know what version of Advance Map you used, but my version doesn't have that button! Is there any other way to do it that you know of?
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Trainer Crimson
Beginning Trainer

I have one complaint the play game function doesn't seem to work which makes testing a bit of a pain
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Zilvereyes
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Skype™ to Zilvereyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Crimson View Post
I have one complaint the play game function doesn't seem to work which makes testing a bit of a pain
What "play game" function are you talking about ?

If you meant "VBA-Link" it isn't PGE, you need to set it up, and if you don't know how to do that, ANY search engine can become your friend ;-)

[Guides]:
Adding 0x0 - 0x57 Name Header to FireRed - Incomplete (Still working on it though [10-05-2012])
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
resinate
Beginning Trainer

does anyone have the real version of this tool? when i use this and make simple edits the npcs just break. its really getting annoying now.
Old July 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Beebeeson
A wild Beebeeson appeared!

Nature: Quirky
I got this working on Linux using Wine, just opened the .BAT file in Wine before starting the program and it all seems to be functioning as normal. I originally tried using Poketext because I'm changing NPC speech but none of the text was showing properly, so this has helped an awful lot :3

Oh, also, I just wanna say this works really nicely with Advancemap, selected as the script editor, you don't even need to copy-paste the offset from Advancemap.

Anyone else who is using Linux and is having trouble installing it with Wine, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Beebeeson; July 29th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old August 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM
DarkPsychic

All right now Im kinda sad.. I read that this tool will no Longer be worked on=( How sad is that. Well I guess my first question is Will anyone take it over and keep up with updating it? or will this tool become frozen in time=(? I Honestly think this tool has Potential to be the best scripting editor for pokemon gb and gba games? the script generator is one of the most fasinating things I have seen and know hands down their are others out there who think the same.. I know others love XSE but to be Honest XSE is not really beginner friendly, as so This tool really is and I know it shouldnt be easy but why not make it less stressful and more productive. XSE could be the best if it had a script generator and the free space finder already build in just like PKSV with the #dyn 0x740000 command.... And ONE more thing why is it when I hit the only download link that I can see do I only get the PKSV-UI and not the pksv.exe file??? can anyone answer that for me please?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:53 AM
Kiato
The Original Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPsychic View Post
All right now Im kinda sad.. I read that this tool will no Longer be worked on=( How sad is that. Well I guess my first question is Will anyone take it over and keep up with updating it? or will this tool become frozen in time=(? I Honestly think this tool has Potential to be the best scripting editor for pokemon gb and gba games? the script generator is one of the most fasinating things I have seen and know hands down their are others out there who think the same.. I know others love XSE but to be Honest XSE is not really beginner friendly, as so This tool really is and I know it shouldnt be easy but why not make it less stressful and more productive. XSE could be the best if it had a script generator and the free space finder already build in just like PKSV with the #dyn 0x740000 command.... And ONE more thing why is it when I hit the only download link that I can see do I only get the PKSV-UI and not the pksv.exe file??? can anyone answer that for me please?
in place of pksv.exe, run the AssociateShell.bat file. make sure to run as administrator if you're on windows.
Old December 15th, 2012, 11:24 PM
ShinyLucario_09
Pokemon Master

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to ShinyLucario_09
Hey Score_Under

I am a newbie at making Pokemon scripts and am trying to make my own game. my script is this...

#org 0x8165A8F
'-----------------------------------
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x817DB98 ' This Pokemon looks i...
callstd MSG_YESNO ' Yes/No message
compare LASTRESULT YES
if == jump 0x8165AB0 ' Equal To
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if == jump 0x8165ABA ' Equal To
end

#org 0x8165AB0
#dyn 0x740000
lock
checkflag 0x250
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 NONE 0 0 0
setflag 0x250
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

#org 0x8165ABA
msgbox 0x817DBD5 ' Desided not to care ...
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE ' Non-closing message
release
' Release commands close any open messages
end

#org 0x817DB98
= This Pokemon looks injured.\p Would you like to care for it?

#org 0x817DBE4
= EEVEE Joined the team.

#org 0x817DBD5
= Desided not to care for it.

I am trying to achieve that you as the hero go up to someone in the game and they ask you if you want to look after a pokemon and if you say 'YES' it willl say 'EEVEE Joined the team.' and an EEVEE joins the team or if you say 'NO' it says 'Desided not to care for it.' Can you or someone else fix this problem?
Thanks ShinyLucario_09
Old December 17th, 2012, 05:43 AM
giradialkia

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Hey there ShinyLucario_09. In the toolbox forum, there's a limit on posting in threads- if more than two months has passed since the last valid post was made, then I'm afraid you may not revive/bump the thread.

score_under, if for one reason or another you need this thread reopened, just contact either DrFuji or myself via PM and we'll happily oblige. In the meantime, this thread will be closed.
Closed~

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links