The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:26 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
Man, I don't even know what I'm doing for Halloween this year.

Kill me.
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Vader
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Vader
3 days, 3 different distinguished Ohio campuses, 3 different Halloween parties, and 3 different groups of friends. Oh, and an anniversary dinner and night out to boot.
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thomas

ASSASSINS CREED 3 F-YEAH. That is what I'm doing. XD
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:52 PM
Tyrantrum
おなら

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I think I'm just done with Halloween this year - at least for this year, most likely. I don't even know if my mom and I are going to pass out candy; we live in an apartment building on top of someone's privately owned house, and the door is on the side of the building, so if they see it, we probably won't even hear kids knocking. XD

I might be playing Pokémon Black 2 that day anyway. ;D Unless I have a job by then or I've already beaten the game before that day comes. Maybe if I'm able to find Solatorobo: Red the Hunter, I'll just play that game. I'm so disappointed I found out about that game a whole year after its American release, though. :( It looks like such a fun game!

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:35 AM
Razor Leaf
how unfortunate

Aha, I love Halloween. I don't think I've ever done the standard trick or treating, but the best time I remember was when I went to a more or less Halloween party. Basically a normal party but Halloween style, unsurprisingly. I went as a zombie leprechaun! Not sure what I'll do this year though since I think I'll be at uni during Halloween... so probably like the Halloween party but at a club or something idk.
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:16 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
My old street was mostly made up of elderly residents, so the desire to go trick-or-treatin' was always very minimal, considering that we were the only kids to do it. And no one came to our house either (again, the aforementioned old folks don't really desire chocolate or other sweets), so Halloween was always just like any other day, really. Even towards the end of school and at uni, there might have been some parties organised, but never within my circle of friends... woe is me!
Old September 1st, 2012, 04:33 AM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
I was never allowed to go trick or treating when I was younger. Mum would always say, "You don't know who's out there! They could be pedos, kidnappers.. they could have even poisoned the lollies!" Oh well. ): Haha, but I really didn't mind since in Australia we don't celebrate it as much as the Americans do. :P Although I've had quite a fair few knock on my door in the past couple of years. I'd just give them an apple. Haha, even out all the sugar they're going to eat. :P I'm surprised I didn't get punched in the face. xD

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:40 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Lol people here don't even dress up and they'll show up at your door and expect candy. Yeah I stopped trick or treating a few years ago. Now I just stay home. But I have younger siblings who still do it, so I just steal there stuff.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 1st, 2012, 07:30 AM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス

Nature: Quirky
I haven't done anything for Halloween in ages, just sort of loses its appeal after a while. Though I think if I ever got into costume making, I would probably find it interesting. (still slowly working on making clothes though, yay progress!) The most I usually do is pretty damn lame - watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! on TV with a snack or two...and that's more because it kind of always signals the start of one of my favorite seasons rather than the holiday itself.
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Esper

Ah, movie watching. What I love about Halloween is there never seems to be an end to movies you can watch for it.

I'd like to watch a bunch of old monster movies this year, like Dracula and all those old classics.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Ryoutarou
新生ペガサス

Nature: Quirky
If you can find it, you should totally watch the Spanish version of Dracula. It was filmed at the same time as the iconic 1931 version, same set and costumes. Only difference is that the crew for the Spanish version filmed at night and that meant they got to see what the English crew had done that day, giving them a bit of an advantage in knowing how certain angles might look and if they should change them. The story is exactly the same, but the visual presentation is different. It's pretty bizarre to watch for the first time if you know the English version well.
Old September 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Couldn't find the picture itself, but this picture is the best thing ever, and sums up my thoughts when the male character ride the ferris wheel with N.

Perfect for shipping とうこ and N together but the male character... Bah.

Old September 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Thomas

N just creeps me the hell out in general. I haven't finished Black yet (I just started playing my first run two weeks ago) but so far...creepy mccreeperson.
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Ice Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
N just creeps me the hell out in general. I haven't finished Black yet (I just started playing my first run two weeks ago) but so far...creepy mccreeperson.
He's a sort of anti-hero, supposed to remain mysterious for the entire game, but he's a very human character though as shown near the end of the game. I can see why you thought he was creepy though.
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Dakota
she's singing to me

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Halloween the movie was beast. Michael Myers <3
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:34 PM
Ice Car

I apologize once again for interrupting conversation, but playing Platinum reminded me of this image which I had lying in my Photobucket. HURR MORE POKEMON LOGIC COMIN' YOUR WAY

Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:33 AM
Charlie Brown
twisted logic

Nature: Sassy
xD Honestly I think I'm one of the few people who has never really loved the Shinx line; so many people seem to love Luxray, but I just haven't for some reason. :s

Back! ...again.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Solace
simon ferocious

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Solace
I've always loved Luxio's name and general appearance but Luxray is ugly and Shinx is annoying.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
xD Honestly I think I'm one of the few people who has never really loved the Shinx line; so many people seem to love Luxray, but I just haven't for some reason. :s
Never liked the designs, but the typing, moveset and names are cool.

By the way, I'm back.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
Ambellina
Psychedelic Psychic

Nature: Bashful
It always weirded me out when one of my fully evolved pokemon would get intimidated by a basic. XD I mean, how frightening could a pokemon that only comes up to your ankle be?
✘Daughter-xxkaylabby
✘Yappy Grandson-The Last One
twitterRaptr
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoutarou View Post
If you can find it, you should totally watch the Spanish version of Dracula. It was filmed at the same time as the iconic 1931 version, same set and costumes. Only difference is that the crew for the Spanish version filmed at night and that meant they got to see what the English crew had done that day, giving them a bit of an advantage in knowing how certain angles might look and if they should change them. The story is exactly the same, but the visual presentation is different. It's pretty bizarre to watch for the first time if you know the English version well.
That sounds crazy, but interesting. Ever since seeing Hugo I've wanted to see more early movies. They seemed to take all kinds of creative risks back then that you don't see today.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:18 AM
Thomas

I love movies from the silent era! One of my favorites is Metropolis...seriously one of the best sci-fi movies of all time (silent or not). The thing I love about silent films is that it makes them so much more accessible to foreign watchers. Metropolis originally had German intertitles, but because they are intertitles and not subtitles they're easily localized for other audiences. Unfortunately most of the films from the silent era are lost or destroyed.

Although speaking of Metropolis, one of my favorite anime films was based off of it (also called Metropolis).
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Omg my teacher made us watch 20 minutes of that and I was like wtf.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:30 AM
Esper

Metropolis was really good. I saw it on TMC (I think) a little while ago after they had found a bunch of lost footage from it.

And the animated movie called Metropolis was pretty good, too.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Was the animated movie French? Tom was telling me about it earlier and I wasn't sure if it was the same thing.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links