The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Aye, gotta keep the volume down.

How loud do you tend to keep stuff at, be it your iPod, your computer, or your television. Is there any reason to how loud you put it? Or are you the background sound kinda person? Happy posting!
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:57 PM
AquaKoiFish
Beginning Trainer

I like to keep things a little loud but not too loud. I can't handle anything really loud. It's the curse of having small eardrums ;-;
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

When it comes to things involving earphones I'll usually have it on the lowest possible setting I can have it on where I can heard it. I don't know why but I've never liked the thought of someone being able to hear what I'm listening to, it makes me feel the same way as when someone is listening in on my conversation. The only times I'll turn it up are when I go jogging and idgaf because the people who can hear it can only hear for a split second anyway.
When it comes to speakers though I'll either have them on a retentively decent volume, so I can hear it clearly but so other people aren't bothered by it. Apart from when it's early in the morning and I crank it up to get back at my neighbours for keeping me up all night with their parties! :D

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old August 28th, 2012, 04:13 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I keep things at a moderate level. I prefer too quiet to too loud, as I'd like to have my hearing when I'm 80. Even though the doctor says it's perfect, my hearing is bad enough as is methinks.
Old August 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
I like it loudest it can go. Then I get frustrated that it can't get any louder. The quicker I lose my hearing, the better
Old August 28th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I keep all music/tv/other sounds at a comfortable level. Too loud hurts my ears. At night I keep the volume much lower so anyone sleeping can sleep without waking up. Even when I'm alone I keep it at a good sound level.

I'm on the computer, I keep the tv turned on for background noise
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - back to challenges
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: X - Location: Couriway Town
Random Challenge - Badges: 4/8 - game: Y - Location: Kalos Power Plant
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Holidays

Nature: Jolly
I generally keep my iPods (usually my iPod Touch) anywhere between 50% through 75% of its normal volume, but if I play a song that I really like. I usually turn it up close to full volume.
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:18 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

The sweet spot for my earphones is about 85% on my iPod and 55% on my laptop since somehow they seem to have different volume limits. However that's pretty loud to listen to in a quiet room - sometimes I bring the volume on the iPod down to 50% and the volume on my laptop to 25% in that case if I don't feel like it, although quite often I just turn it up that loud anyway. My headphones don't 'leak' sound badly so I can push them up to 100% on my iPod and about 80% on my laptop before they start bothering anyone else although I feel like that's unnecessary. But yeah if possible, the volumes I first listed are better. As for the TV, I have it as low as I can comfortably hear it unless football's on - then it's gotta be loud!
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
You tell me. I got surround sound in my house with a 15" sub.

Old August 30th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I keep my equipment at around 30-40% volume. Loud enough so it drowns out most outside noises, but not so loud that it starts giving me headaches.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes

Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP

Picture credit: Apple Cakes on deviantArt
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:01 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I do like it loud to be honest, just the way I am.
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:48 AM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
I keep my music at a pretty low volume. Even then it seems to keep out a good majority of background noise for me.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
I really don't like things being loud. Maybe it's just been drilled into me since I could probably hear stuff that having the music on too loud would make me deaf, but I've never seen the appeal of having the music on horrifically loud. So long as you can hear what you're listening to comfortably, that should be good enough. I only turn up the volume on my headphones to anywhere near maximum when there's too much background noise in order to do otherwise (i.e. on the Tube), and even then, I feel like I'm going to have no eardrums by the end of it. :D
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
SS01
#PoC Collab

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SS01
I simply don't like loud noises. iPod is usually at 25% to 50%, and speakers are usually at around 50. Any louder than that and I get headaches.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
I'm the kind of person that if any one is watching TV or listening to music with me, they'll tell me to turn it up because it's too quiet. For example, the sound on my TV goes up to 100, but a majority of the time it will never go above 8, except for a sports channel I watch that has low sound, then it goes up to about 20. My iPod never really goes above 40% when I'm listening to music, but I also have very old earphones (with newer ones I would probably be at about 25%).

My sister is the opposite of this, though, as she thinks that it can never be loud enough. We always joke that she'll lose her hearing before she turns 50, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if she did.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
Aisu

Nature: Adamant
If no one would yell at me for it I'd turn it up to MAXIMUM POWERZZZZ
I gotta have as much fun and go around the board
as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
-Tupac Shakur
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:56 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
11% on my MacBook Air, and 15-18/30 on my Lumia 900. Why? It sounds loud enough to have all the details without being too loud. (11%? Laptops output with high power.)
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
I really dislike loud noise, so my volume is usually pretty quiet (15% or so on average). I only bump it up to 20-30% if the song itself is really quiet. I'm horrible at multitasking and this includes doing things as I listen to music, so it's either gotta be off or really quiet. >:

Can't speak for TV since I don't have one in my room haha.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Old September 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
BlooMilk C.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I like to listen to things loudly enough, but not at a volume that would hurt my hearing. I think I may have already lost some of it thanks to the volume I play things at sometimes, unfortunately. I don't want to lose any more if I have. Currently, my volume is at about 25%, and I usually keep it there. If I'm watching TV or something, I would set it to a volume that isn't obnoxious, but where I can hear things. If I'm playing a game, I'll probably just have an audio transcription up, like when I played Portal. It really bothers me when I can't hear every word, I have to say. Sometimes it will take me twenty minutes to watch a five minute video because I rewind to hear everything over and over again if I don't hear every word. I don't even know why.
Old September 15th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

Nature: Brave
I enjoy SUPER DUPER LOUD when my favorite song is being played at the moment, or when the environment is too loud for me to like...not stand it. xD I'll have my volume up to 30-40% normally. My ears can withstand so much loudness lmao xD
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old September 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Like maybe once every three months I get into a deaf mood where everything is blasted super loud.

But other than that the music I do listen to is like <20% volume.

I'm just a nub like that.

Old September 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Cassino

Usually maximum, which isn't very loud through earpieces; sometimes beyond that if possible.
I keep volume from open speakers low as I don't like that others should hear a device I'm using.
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:47 PM
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I like it only semi-loud. My iPod is usually at 50-75% volume and my computer between 40-60% volume with 70% being the maximum. I can't get as into music when it's too quiet, but neither can I if it's too loud. So I usually listen to things on a moderate level. I hate it when people blast their music out their cars as loud as they can with their 20 inch subs shaking in their trunk.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Last edited by awolfsquared; September 15th, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

My computer is set at 30% volume because for some reason it seems to be very loud. When I have headphones on, I set it to 40%.

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Controversial?
should probably stop now

Nature: Naughty
I keep my volume as loud as it can go.
Who cares if I won't have hearing b the time I'm 80? It's not like I of all people am gonna live that long.

Sponsored Links