The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:44 PM
ShinyDragonHunter
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I don't know if thread revival is allowed here, but the only instruments that get corrupted are the Multi-samples and then the instruments are uneffected, it's only the 'address2' of the multi-sample that gets corrupted.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Line3007

Ah, so you CAN remove it, nice! I have to give it a try,´
Old November 17th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Arctic Eagle
Pokemon Trainer/Breeder

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Arctic Eagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
Here's what you need to do:

1. Open up your AdvanceMap folder
2. Open up the ini folder
3. Click on "AdvanceMap"
4. Scroll down to where it says "[Version:BPE]"
5. Change "SuchByte=$00" into "SuchByte=$FF"
6. Change "SuchBeginn=$6B0000" into "SuchBeginn=$E3CF64"

Now you can safely do whatever you want in Emerald on AdvanceMap, without worrying about the sound corruption. If you open up an Emerald rom in a hex editor and go to 0xE3CF64, you'll notice that from here on until the end of the rom is FF bytes, and unfortunately, there's not much space left. So I recommend expanding the rom to 32mb using XSE, and make sure you fill with FF bytes.
At last, now I know what I need to do.Thanks for the tips. I was wondering what all those annoying beeps were in the tracks. Of course I thought it was track corruption but now I know how to fix it even though I have already added many new maps without any event data except for a couple of warps and map connections, so I will have to copy all the new maps I created along with all the sprites, tilesets and worst of all, I will have to redo all the text I edited.

...hopefully all goes according to plan...

I still need to find where to register for it...

...and I need to renew my Trainer Card, it's the one from
Hoenn for goodness sake!
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
MagnusLocke

I really hate to dwell on an old thread but this is the only one I found to fix the issue, however I have no idea how to make a hack, so I was wondering has anyone done this yet and can they link me to the rom so I can download it?
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:12 AM
ipatix
Music Hacking Freak

Nature: Relaxed
As far as I know you just have to reinsert the sample map of the broken instruments to fix. Had this problem a few times (not caused though) by myself and it was pretty easy to fix.
Old November 27th, 2013, 01:59 PM
MagnusLocke

All the advice is great and all but all I really want is someone to link me to a rom of this with the sound fixed, that's it lol. I'm not a hacker or emu-fixer myself and have no plans to be one, I simply want the gamed fixed and ready to download.
Old December 13th, 2013, 02:31 AM
bitelaserkhalif
BITE LASER wants to fight!

Nature: Bold
Thank You,it's worked fine as good as perfect!
But, I have an example of sound corruption:
-Blaziken cry absent
-Nuzleaf cry is messed mix of some pokemon cry.

Is there's any relation PKSV scripting with sound corruption? What hex PKSV could think for free space, FF or 00?I had the same problem about lack of Blaziken's Cry.

EDIT again:Now I'm not hacking emerald again, but this thread also explain why my nuzleaf cry messed up with very high sound.

Last edited by bitelaserkhalif; December 29th, 2013 at 04:58 AM. Reason: pksv things
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links