• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite legendary trio!

Pick one, peasant!

• Total voters

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Good things come in threes! So pick one.

Personally, the Legendary Wildcats (beasts, whatever) are my indisputable favorites. I love big cats, and with Suicune bearing much resemblance to a leopard, Entei to a guardian lion, and Raikou to a tiger, these guys will probably remain my top choice as long as Pokemon exists. My favorite of the 3 is Entei.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
The diamond and pearl trio because they are all the greatest out of teh rest.

Sirfetch’d

The original trio. Articuno was a BEAST in pokemon blue. Zapdos was a speedy joker, and moltres was a great special sweeper.

Entei, Rakiou, and Suicune were a close second. Suicune held them back, wasn't very good IMO.

Pothus

The Necromancer
Years
I went with Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Only because it's the first legendary trio I've encountered and I think they're neat-o :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Suicune, Entei and Raikou are my favourite trio simply because I've always had a special lace in my heart for the seceond generation of pokemon gaming. Johto is an amazing region and I loved playing through it on the GBC as a child, and I always found these three to be amazing pokemon appearance wise and power wise (in battle) so it's these three for me.

Years
While Rayquaza is my favorite legendary, I prefer the legendary birds over Groudon and Rayquaza, so I picked them. Aside from the previously mentioned Rayquaza, the three birds are the only Pokemon that I can think of using in my party for any length of time (I used Zapdos and Moltres on and off during my first Fire Red playthrough, and my Level 100 Articuno is currently on my HeartGold team).

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
emesprani243.gif
emesprani244.gif
emesprani245.gif

They have the best encounter music, I also like them because GSC were my first Pokèmon games. I also liked the shiny versions of them that were in the Zoroark movie.

Pokemon Trainer UV

Attractively foolish
Years
I'm a bit stuck between choosing the Tao Trio and the Legendary Beasts, because I like both of them a lot.
However, the legendary beasts win this one simply because they all look incredibly awesome. The Tao Trio all have great designs, but I think that the Beasts have the advantage of being the first legendary Pokemon to look truly legendary.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Cobalion Terrakion and Virizion.....oh.

You included Groudon/Kyogre & Rayquaza and the BW dragons, but excluded the musketeers? D:

Perhaps it should be "which legendary group is your favourite" instead of trio.

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm going with the Weather Trio. I found their concept the most interesting being affiliated with the weather while Rayquaza had Air Lock and neutralized it. The Legendary Beasts do peak my interests with their designs, but I somehow prefer the Weather Trio's more, albeit only slightly. In addition, I never liked finding those running Pokemon. Suicune is a Pokemon I use frequently for battling, though.

Years
Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem aka the Tao Trio.

Why? Cos I love their type combinations and I'm a 5th Gen Fangirl! They also look so epicly cool.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It's between the weather trio and the legendary beasts for, but I think I like the weather trio more. Kyogre is one of my favorite legendaries and I really like the concept behind them controlling the weather and the whole story in RSE and how they have a big role in it all. I think RSE's story is pretty amazing.

The legendary beast mainly cause of their designs and Johto has a special part of my childhood and has to be one of the best regions.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I like the Tao Trio because it has my favorite legendary Pokemon of all time Reshiram in it.

Mistyb89

Water Pokemon Trainer
Years
Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres definitely. I also liked how a big part of the Pokemon 2000 movie revolved around them.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Entei, Raikou and Suicune make a so beautiful trio. I loved them in the game, being the first fleeing Pokémon, and even if that was pretty annoying to catch them, it was a new interesting feature they ushered in. Then in the animé, I loved the 3rd and 4th movie, and also the Hoso "The legend of Thunder" that feature the three beasts. Finally, the plot involving them in PokéSpé's very interesting.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Suicune, Entei, and Raikou.

They're just so cute and strong and eep.

Back