The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:03 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

I have another question
I inserted new Pokemon center and Pokemart sprites in advanced map and the tile occasionally show up correctly but sometimes they show up all mesed up
Can somebody tell me how to fix this?
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:13 PM
Spherical Ice

Meowing Mewtwo:

Hey, don't feel bad! It's a perfectly legitimate request.

Click these words to download the most recent version of A-Trainer

MrSandman64:

When you exit a map and enter another map that uses a different tileset, the tiles that were used in the first map will become the tiles in the second map's tilesets. This is why Kanto is scattered with gates, so that the player won't see these glitched tiles. If it's possible, change one of the maps tileset so that it matches the other map, or add a gate so that the two maps (or any tiles in Tileset 2 of the respective maps) aren't visible from one another.
Attached Files
File Type: zip A-Trainer.zip‎ (113.6 KB, 16 views)
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Spherical Ice: im not sure if I completely understand what you mean but the tiles I added are in tileset 1
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:32 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
how much free space does a script need?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
DaSpirit
Mad Programmer

Nature: Quiet
Does anyone happen to have a full text dump (not a script dump) of Pokemon Emerald?

Anyone willing to get it for me? :3

Thanks in advance!
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Not sure if this goes in this thread or the script help thread, so I'll have it in both.

I'm confused with giving moves new descriptions. Every time I do, the game ends up glitching the text, and some of it appears on other sides, overlapping and whatnot. Anyone who has added new descriptions through scripts should understand. How would I go about doing this perfectly, and what is the most text I can use as a description?
Old September 1st, 2012, 09:53 PM
DrFuji
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
how much free space does a script need?
It entirely depends on how large the script is. A script with more commands and parameters will take up a greater amount of space than a script with less. So long as you have the '#dynamic' directive at the beginning of your scripts then most script editors will find the next area of free space which can hold your script so there's no real need to worry about their size.

Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
--As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:28 AM
PokemonMasters

i still dont get it. so i just put #dynamic then i just press enter? also how do you make the free space finder for xse work? i tried pressing alt f but nothing happend.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:10 AM
Shiny Glurak
Unhatched Egg

How can I hack Pokemon Black/white that for example on Route 16 stands an Arceus and when I'm talking to it I can fight against it and can catch it?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anyone know how to download Advanced Text I've tried to download it but every time I try to run it an error comes up saying that a component it missing.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:35 AM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'

Nature: Careful
Quote:
i still dont get it. so i just put #dynamic then i just press enter? also how do you make the free space finder for xse work? i tried pressing alt f but nothing happend.
No, you need to search for a free space, either manually with a hex editor, or through a free space finder.
But you can also use a uniform type of dynamic offset, since XSE will automatically search for free space for your script.
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000
Dynamic will tell XSE the offset of where XSE will begin searching for free space in your ROM.
Example, if ever there's already data stored from 0x800000 to 0x802000, then XSE will start writing your script in 0x802001.
Just make sure you copy the starting offset XSE provides you after you compile your script.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Meowing Mewtwo
Daughter of Evil

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Meowing Mewtwo:

Hey, don't feel bad! It's a perfectly legitimate request.

Click these words to download the most recent version of A-Trainer
Aw, thanks! That helped a TON.

What's in your cupcake?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM
PokemonMasters

oh , ok thanks . how do you edit the names of tms/hms? I want to De-capitalize it.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
oh , ok thanks . how do you edit the names of tms/hms? I want to De-capitalize it.
You need to use programs that edit attacks, A-Tack is probably the best bet.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:45 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anyone know what number the intro picachu (the one above the message in the intro)
ears are in unLZ-GBA? I know that the rest of the pikachu can be found at 341 and 342.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:04 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
Does anyone know how to download Advanced Text I've tried to download it but every time I try to run it an error comes up saying that a component it missing.
Yes, it is comctl32.dll the missing element! If you want to, you can download Advance Text from my website (Go on my account contact info, I can't post links). These .dll are included in the download. You go on Hack Rom Tools (it's in italian, but it's not very difficult, I'm translating it)->Click on Hack Tools->Click on the Game Boy Advance->You search in the list Advance Text and you download it!
Then you unzip it and it's ready to use!

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
Shadow Libra
Unhatched Egg

How do you hex edit dp map images

Wisdom doesn't come with age it comes with experience thats why i'm proud to be 11.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:31 PM
DrFuji
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
Does anyone know what number the intro picachu (the one above the message in the intro)
ears are in unLZ-GBA? I know that the rest of the pikachu can be found at 341 and 342.
You can find the ears at 2028 in an untouched FR ROM.

Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
--As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:38 PM
SpadeEdge16

So, I've been looking into this tutorial, and it's worked out very well so far, but after finishing with the image inserting, it goes on to show how to give an item an ability to do something by giving it a script, but in my case, I'm making stones for evolution.
My question is if I have to do this step for stones? Because I feel that I can just ggo into Yape and say that a pokemon evolves with the stone I made, and then when the player uses the stone, it shows that the pokemon can evolve with it, and then they click on the pokemon, it evolves, and the item goes away. Would that be how it works? Or do I have to do the last few steps of this as well?
Here's the tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258426
It seems I've also run into another problem. How do I make it appear in Yape so it can actually be used for evolution?

Last edited by SpadeEdge16; September 3rd, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:22 PM
PokemonMasters

is there another way to edit the titlescreen on a touched rom? (for ruby)

Old September 4th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Bilaterus
ToBe Best Spriter ;)

Nature: Naive
Can someone direct me to a link to a tutorial where I can find out how to change the sprite of Oak when he's giving that long speech at the beginning?

Or tell me the number/offset it comes up in on unLZ GBA, well assuming that's how you change it.

Oh I'm hacking fire red if that helps

Thanks in advance :)

My (small) site offers help on all things Advance Mapping!
http://advancedfreak.webs.com/

Visit my youtube channel too and check out my tutorials on all things (you guessed it!) Advance Mapping!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AdvancedMapFreak
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
Game: Pokemon Ruby
Type: Double Wild Battle Spots
Editor: PKSV

I try make Pokemon Black 2 Demake on GBA... And i need know if it was possible to add special Double Wild Battle Spots in grass <I do special tile for it>
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilaterus View Post
Can someone direct me to a link to a tutorial where I can find out how to change the sprite of Oak when he's giving that long speech at the beginning?

Or tell me the number/offset it comes up in on unLZ GBA, well assuming that's how you change it.

Oh I'm hacking fire red if that helps

Thanks in advance
Follow >Dante<'s tutorial on how to edit the intro hero except instead of changing the hero change the prof.
The unLZ-GBA number is around 342 and the APE offset is 004623B4.
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
passarbye
Just passin' thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Yes, it is comctl32.dll the missing element! If you want to, you can download Advance Text from my website (Go on my account contact info, I can't post links). These .dll are included in the download. You go on Hack Rom Tools (it's in italian, but it's not very difficult, I'm translating it)->Click on Hack Tools->Click on the Game Boy Advance->You search in the list Advance Text and you download it!
Then you unzip it and it's ready to use!
Hi, i'm new here.

I've been looking for a text editor of any kind for Pokemon Fire Red all around the web, and have found nothing but Advance Text, and it does not work. even the one on your site does not work for me.
Any time i download Advance text and double click the EXE, it gives me an error stating

"component Comdlg32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is there any alternative to Advance text, or is there a way to fix Advance text to make it usable?

i've been working on getting a Fire Red hack going, but this is important and i can't find something that works.

PS: i've also seen the youtube vidoes where people say to put Comdlg32.ocx or the other one into system32 or sysWOW64 and use the Run or command prompt to register the file manually, but even that doesn't work.
should i just give up hacking?

Last edited by passarbye; September 4th, 2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: To include more information
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:22 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by passarbye View Post
Hi, i'm new here.

I've been looking for a text editor of any kind for Pokemon Fire Red all around the web, and have found nothing but Advance Text, and it does not work. even the one on your site does not work for me.
Any time i download Advance text and double click the EXE, it gives me an error stating

"component Comdlg32.ocx or one of it's dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is there any alternative to Advance text, or is there a way to fix Advance text to make it usable?

i've been working on getting a Fire Red hack going, but this is important and i can't find something that works.

PS: i've also seen the youtube vidoes where people say to put Comdlg32.ocx or the other one into system32 or sysWOW64 and use the Run or command prompt to register the file manually, but even that doesn't work.
should i just give up hacking?
I'm pretty sure that same file is in another program, that's how I got a-text to work...I dragged and dropped it. I'm pretty sure it's in Overworld Editor: Rebirth edition. Download that, and then drag and drop the file.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links