The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 30th, 2012 (11:04 AM).
Doa
Analyzer

Nature: Quirky
This isn't a bad hack for the first beta. I just started it, and I'm pretty glad you chose the Hoenn starters over Kanto (and Johto, seeing as I have way too many Johto hacks). The beginning seems pretty believable too, and having the grunts block an area right off the bat is an interesting touch.

I'll keep playing and see if I can find any glitches or whatnot. If you're looking for "official" beta testers, let me know.

I'd post my sucky Diamond/HeartGold/ROM teams here, but...meh.
Old May 30th, 2012 (12:36 PM). Edited June 3rd, 2012 by Spherical Ice.
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shawott View Post
Do you still plan on adding fakemon to this hack? I think it looks excellent so far but fakemon usually put me off playing a hack as often... they aren't so good. I really like new evolutions and pre-evos of current Pokémon so if they are just those and they are done well then I'll be happy! :)
Well at the moment I have no fakemon inserted, I do plan to include some but it's not exactly a top priority at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSign View Post
That bank script is pretty cool :) Do you get interest on your money or does the bank have another function?

Also I really love your clean-cut text formatting, however the first screenshot looks a bit weird since Torchic is the same red as the mother's text. Also I guess the 'and' should also be red. It's a bit problematic having a fire Pokémon xD - Saying that I can't think of an alternative way to do it.

Looking good so far :3 I'll play the beta once exams are over hopefully!
I'm still thinking about the interest system. I don't think I should insert an RTC just for that, so I'll probably make it so everytime you deposit money your interest is increased a little or something.

I've changed that script so that "Torchic" is orange instead of red (not the ugly, default orange colour - it's an edited colour). Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doa View Post
This isn't a bad hack for the first beta. I just started it, and I'm pretty glad you chose the Hoenn starters over Kanto (and Johto, seeing as I have way too many Johto hacks). The beginning seems pretty believable too, and having the grunts block an area right off the bat is an interesting touch.

I'll keep playing and see if I can find any glitches or whatnot. If you're looking for "official" beta testers, let me know.
Thanks! If and when beta testers are needed, I'll post here, so stay tuned.
Old June 3rd, 2012 (01:33 AM). Edited June 3rd, 2012 by Spherical Ice.
Spherical Ice

Just a small update. I've finished the second gym, with thanks to Darthatron on some scripting help.
Old June 3rd, 2012 (03:31 AM).
kebbles
Rom Hacker.

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherical Ice View Post
Just a small update. I've finished the second gym, with thanks to Darthatron on some scripting help.
Really awesome, the rocks look nicely inserted.
I think the platform that the trainer is on should be changed to something more natural, like a concrete platform or something like that?

When the world is in its final moments..
Where will you be?
Old June 3rd, 2012 (04:41 AM).
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebbles View Post
Really awesome, the rocks look nicely inserted.
I think the platform that the trainer is on should be changed to something more natural, like a concrete platform or something like that?
Hm, possibly. The tiles are placeholders for now, like most of the gym tiles.
Thanks for the comment, though.

(as a side note, that screen looks glitchy for some reason. here, have a fixed version)
Old June 3rd, 2012 (05:58 AM).
Joshawott
Booted out - don't be like me!

This just looks fantastic and I love everything about it. Best of luck!
Old June 4th, 2012 (10:13 AM).
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
This just looks fantastic and I love everything about it. Best of luck!
Thanks dude!

Old June 4th, 2012 (10:35 AM).
Rokou
» inactive

Nature: Quiet
Not bad, definitely one of those projects with lots of potential. I'm waiting for future updates and beta 2, good luck Spherical Ice. :)
Old June 17th, 2012 (08:14 AM). Edited August 13th, 2012 by Spherical Ice.
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokou View Post
Not bad, definitely one of those projects with lots of potential. I'm waiting for future updates and beta 2, good luck Spherical Ice. :)

Now, I have nothing to show at the moment. Because of a glitch that is annoyingly unfixable and other small things wrong with this ROM I'm starting again, this time applying any external hacks first and then working on from that, so work will be delayed. I'm proud to say that the amazing Lucrian is allowing me to use his Fakemon; you should definitely check him out at http://lucrian.deviantart.com/.

Anyway, that's about it for now. See you when I've got something substantial to show, haha.
Old August 27th, 2012 (07:06 AM). Edited August 27th, 2012 by Spherical Ice.
Spherical Ice

Aaaaaaaand we're back to where we were before!

I just want to make it clear what exactly I've been doing.

Back in 2011, I released the first Beta of Dark Cobalt. This is the one you guys have probably played. Sometime in late 2011, my computer crashed and the data on it was irretrievable. This meant that I had lost all the work I had done since Beta 1. That included a lot of bugfixes and small changes, so instead of doing all that work again I decided to start fresh and start on a new ROM. That ROM, however, also got corrupted, but not terribly, so I was able to transfer over the maps and most of the scripts and everything was fine. These last few months were me working on getting all that data back.

So now, I finally have an update for you guys. I'm getting close to catching up to what the Beta release is at, but I plan to add some extra events and stuff to do because I'd feel bad just rereleasing essentially the same hack with some changes. Anyway, here are some screenshots on the stuff I've worked on.

And finally, a nice selection of Lucrian's awesome fakémon that I have inserted:

The levels are not necessarily accurate, neither is the fact that they are all found in grass.
Old August 27th, 2012 (07:13 AM).
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Cool ! nice update pal keep it up! But how many fakemon will be in ? Also.it's awesome to have ruby/ sapphire starters
Old August 27th, 2012 (08:07 AM).
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Cool ! nice update pal keep it up! But how many fakemon will be in ? Also.it's awesome to have ruby/ sapphire starters
I've not got an exact amount planned, but its' not going to be an entire Pokédex full of fakemon. There are going to be more Nintendo Pokémon than fakemon. Thanks :D
Old August 27th, 2012 (04:52 PM).
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
nice. this hacks back (: im not a big fan of fakemon but the fakemon actually look nice xD

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old August 28th, 2012 (12:43 PM).
LCCoolJ95
Limited Capacity

Nature: Naive
Are all the starters and Legendaries Catchable?
Old September 4th, 2012 (03:18 AM).
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
Awww man, this ROM corruption has enraged us both multiple times... but anyhow, it's great to see you're back up and running!

These screenshots are good, can't wait to see whatever more is coming!
Old September 20th, 2012 (10:03 AM).
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
nice. this hacks back (: im not a big fan of fakemon but the fakemon actually look nice xD
:D Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCoolJ95 View Post
Are all the starters and Legendaries Catchable?
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

Seriously though, some legendaries and starters will be available, probably not all of them though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truality View Post
Awww man, this ROM corruption has enraged us both multiple times... but anyhow, it's great to see you're back up and running!

These screenshots are good, can't wait to see whatever more is coming!
Yeah it sucks. Can't even blame anyone, either D:

Thanks dude.

So, who's got two thumbs and is awful at updating his thread? This guy right here.

have some screenshots you dirty fiends

Old September 20th, 2012 (03:48 PM).
ZeroDaGreat
Unhatched Egg

Looking forward to this being finished then I will try it out, from the SS it looks great.
Old September 22nd, 2012 (08:08 AM).
Zephyr+
Oripoke
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Wow, this hack looks really promising! I'm super pumped about the fakemon, too, they look nice. Best of luck!
Old September 24th, 2012 (06:09 PM).
swarleyboy9871
ace

Nature: Naive
is there gonna be a new beta soon
Old December 16th, 2012 (02:38 PM).
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroDaGreat View Post
Looking forward to this being finished then I will try it out, from the SS it looks great.
:) Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
Wow, this hack looks really promising! I'm super pumped about the fakemon, too, they look nice. Best of luck!
Thanks dude! Lucrian makes awesome fakemon, I'm so happy he's let me use his work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarleyboy9871 View Post
is there gonna be a new beta soon
Yup! I'm about three quarters of the way through, maybe even more, until the new Beta 1 (I guess Beta 1.5, it will have more content than Beta 1) is released. Hang in there!

Old January 15th, 2013 (01:42 PM).
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Is that a bank script? Awesome man, loving the updates, this is looking totally solid.

Old March 2nd, 2013 (04:28 PM).
Spherical Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post
Is that a bank script? Awesome man, loving the updates, this is looking totally solid.
yes it is a bank script

Old March 2nd, 2013 (05:11 PM).
StormVentus

Seems like this is going nicely, good luck you guys.
Old March 2nd, 2013 (08:17 PM).
Skylar97
Hack enjoyer

Nature: Jolly
good luck on the game. it looks great.

Thanks for all the great work.
Old March 3rd, 2013 (03:11 AM).
AmazingCharizard
Pokemon Rocket Strike creator

I like the way how this is developing. How many Fakemon will there be in your hack, Spherical Ice?

Check out my hack "Pokemon Rocket Strike" http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319844
How to patch a rom:
1.Download the patch. If it is in a zip file then use a free tool named WinRar to unzip the file.
2.Use Google to find the rom you need.
3.PATCH THAT THING AND LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links