The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Damsel
Unhatched Egg

My name means "lighthouse" or "a beacon of light" so I'm definitely thinking Ampharos. Electric.
But another meaning of my name is a sweet alcohol, and there was a song about a woman with my name and a man who was a sailor.. Lighthouse + Alcohol + Sailors lover makes me think water.
So... Water or electric.
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:39 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
My real name means "of the sea" so I'd say Water-types. My username means "meow" so cats :D
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Zoe Arewell
Gloomy Beauty of Lavender Town

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zoe Arewell
Let's see...my real name is Mori which sounds kind of dim so I would have to say either Dark-Type or Ghost-Type Pokemon

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
rageahollic33
MrUmbreonFan

Nature: Serious
My real name is Keith and the pokemon I would choose is Fire type because it sounds like Heat.
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM
CriticalKYUC
Beginning Trainer

Critical.

Dark type, because Super Luck, of course if I was a Gym leader, it'd be based on Critical Hits, so Farfetch'd would be allowed.

I personally think Ledian should be Bug/Fighting and Farfetch'd should be Flying/Fighting.
Old September 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveon View Post
My name is Michael; it's an extremely common name, therefore it obviously specializes in very common types: Normal-types! I don't mind, though, because I like a lot of Normal-type Pokémon. It helps that my all-time favorite Pokémon is a Normal-type. X) And even though there aren't a ton of Bug-types, I think they're quite common, as well, so I think bugs would be another specialization. So, I guess a Bug- & Normal-type trainer? XD Personally, however, I'd use any type.
Intentional reference to Pokémon XD? You start with Eevee, get Teddiursa early, and can snag some bugs early on.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
It's pretty obvious that the name "Brendan" doesn't bring any type to mind. So what's the most monotyped type in Hoenn?
Of the three original meanings I've seen for the name (mine as well), are Prince, Sword and Little Raven. The only of those that make much sense for a type would be Little Raven, which could be Flying or even Dark type (or both, like Murkrow and Honchkrow).

Other than that, I would have to agree with whatever the stereotypical monotype for Hoenn is.

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
poke-world
Booted out - don't be like me!

I'm guessing Water types? Otherwise, I'd probably say Grass types, as my name does come from the word olive, which would mostly relate to Grass types, I guess :p
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Electric-types fo sho.

Possibly Bug-types because of Azalea, but when I picked that name it really had no connection to Azalea Town. I just really like the flower lolol.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Grass Type. Those Pokemon have always been my favorite. Since I choose a Chikorita on my Silver Version. I'm always choosin' da grass starter on every Pokemon game I play; it's usually be my first playthrough, however.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:30 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Hmmm, i'll use my PC name for this one. Zupplu sounds like a good name for an electric trainer!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links