The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
That happenes with me all the time because I play hacks like LC on my phone.. To solve this problem copy your save file to PC and play that part with VBA emulator.. and then save back
Ideally, we'd like to actually fix this, but since we can't replicate it on PC, we can't fix it. Sorry!
Old September 5th, 2012, 05:10 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Ideally, we'd like to actually fix this, but since we can't replicate it on PC, we can't fix it. Sorry!
That was not my problem bro....and I personally have faced no problems in game
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:17 PM
CrimsonK
That one guy.

Nature: Impish
Hey, sorry, but is it possible to get Kabutops in this game? I know that the Goldenrod science center will resurrect a fossil, but I'm just not sure where to get said fossil.

Also, is there a move tutor for Swords Dance in the game? Because if not, there totally should be.

Old September 7th, 2012, 01:51 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonK View Post
Hey, sorry, but is it possible to get Kabutops in this game? I know that the Goldenrod science center will resurrect a fossil, but I'm just not sure where to get said fossil.

Also, is there a move tutor for Swords Dance in the game? Because if not, there totally should be.
The Science center in GoldenRod is buggy and may not work for you even if you do found the fossil which I ma sure is not available..
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Mika252
Beginning Trainer

I can't seem to find Staryu in the game and I've looked at the old game FAQ. Does anyone know where it is? And which rod to use?
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:27 AM
JungleNutz
Beginning Trainer

I beat blue got all the badges im at cinnabar island now what do i do?
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleNutz View Post
I beat blue got all the badges im at cinnabar island now what do i do?
go challenge the elite 4 again then go fight red at mt. silver. then afterwards you will have a phone call and you will carry on from there to get to orange island..
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
SS_Sherry
Beginning Trainer

An update from LaZ!!

Go to his Dev journal¬!
Old September 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been round these parts.

Now this isn't strictly Liquid Crystal news, but it does affect this area of the site, the Development Journal. For those that can remember back to the launch of LC 3.1, the Live Log had a number of "status updates" which detailed small changed made to the ROM each day. This allowed you guys to know exactly what's going on and when. Then, with the introduction of the Official LC Site, the Live Log was replaced by this Development Journal. Well, I guess it's time to introduce the change that will happen in 2 days time.

Romhack.me - the future of ROM Hacking.
Romhack.me is a new site I've been working on for a long time, which aims to create an incredible community for ROM Hackers to share their work and get to know people. The idea is similar to Facebook, and the site itself is essentially a Facebook for ROM Hackers. Romhack.me officially launches today!

But how does this affect Liquid Crystal? Well, I've decided that once the site is launched I'll be closing down the Development Journal, and moving it to the Liquid Crystal Romhack.me Page where you can get all the new information, videos, pictures, events and report bugs as well as discussion about the game.

Every time me or a member of the team works on Liquid Crystal, we will be writing status updates onto the page. This can include posting a new WIP soundtrack, a new map or set of tiles, a video showing off a new feature, or anything else such as the small updates you can expect from the Live Log and this journal.

I encourage people to head over to the Liquid Crystal page on Romhack.me and have a look. You'll need to sign up in order to comment and take part in the discussions, as well as post onto the Page yourself.

As for Liquid Crystal itself, I planned for work a lot on it this summer, but found myself chilling out for the majority of the time. I go back to Uni on October 1st, so I'll try and get some updates in before then since this month is generally quite clear for me until I go back.

Until the next update, I'll see you guys around!
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
ooooohh, checking out the page now!
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:15 AM
alienhunterx

That a good idea LaZ.. really appreciate your work.. Checking the new web right now...!!!!
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Pegasus

Nature: Bold
Great website LaZ. I'll sign up sometime this weekend .

Also I finally discovered how to evolve my seadra after a week XD. I used the water stone that the Castform Pryce gave you has. And now I finally have my Kingdra!
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
This is good idea LaZ, now we can be informed about LC!
And I gotta agree with the Pokédex bug, I did not mention it since it's not something major but it does exist.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:32 AM
arpeggi
Unhatched Egg

Well, there seems to be new updates on Liquid Crystal on the live beta.

How do i continue my save from 3.2 in the newest live beta?

EDIT: I tried naming it to the same file name, and all i got was a black screen.
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeggi View Post
Well, there seems to be new updates on Liquid Crystal on the live beta.

How do i continue my save from 3.2 in the newest live beta?

EDIT: I tried naming it to the same file name, and all i got was a black screen.
Patch the new ROM and replace the old with the new one in folder where old ROM is located.

I ought to save this post... I seem to be repeating this too often.

Old September 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Squidmonkej
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikkatin View Post
Yeah, you need flutes for "the spots for something". Red flute goes on the red pedestal, yellow flute on yellow pedestal etc. Too bad i have not found blue flute, if someone knows where it is is please tell. When you put the flute on the pedestal it will unlock a cave, in which you can find one of the three legendary birds. Zapdos is in Rock tunnel and Moltres is in Mt.Mortar, if my memory servers right. Dunno where articuno is, probably in Seafoam Island, anyways need to find the blue flute first.
Registered just to tell you that the blue flute is located in Violet City. Surf in the water between the gym and the Mart. At the end of the "lake" there's a man who gives it to you. Hopefully you've found the flute by now, but I figured someone else might be looking for it.

Follow-up question: How do you make the pedestals appear? When I go to Outskirt Island, there's nothing there. On my past playthroughs they've just been there, can't recall doing anything to make them appear. Oh, and thank you so much for the hack LaZ, this is like the game I always wanted to make, but never knew how to. So perfect.
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

hey everybody, I tried out the Rayquaza part and it works!!! I'm not totally sure if you need both Kyogre and Groudon in your party, so I can't give you that. I was scared that I thought I still had the infinite stairwell, but I was relieve when I hit the top.

Edit: I'll try to go without the 2 in my party right now

Edit2: Success!! It turns out that you don't need the 2 in your party to reach the top. Have fun, people!

Last edited by PokeReject; September 10th, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old September 12th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeReject View Post
hey everybody, I tried out the Rayquaza part and it works!!! I'm not totally sure if you need both Kyogre and Groudon in your party, so I can't give you that. I was scared that I thought I still had the infinite stairwell, but I was relieve when I hit the top.
So the warps were finally connected? :D
Is it in 3.2 or some new version?

Old September 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
So the warps were finally connected? :D
Is it in 3.2 or some new version?
I got it in the Live Beta, which can be downloaded from the Official Liquid Crystal site.
Old September 13th, 2012, 11:59 AM
JungleNutz
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeggi View Post
go challenge the elite 4 again then go fight red at mt. silver. then afterwards you will have a phone call and you will carry on from there to get to orange island..
the guy is still in my way
also where where do you get ice beam, T Bolt, Dragon claw?

Last edited by JungleNutz; September 14th, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old September 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM
themc1192
Beginning Trainer

hey guys new to the thread. just started playing the 3.2 and in the beginning it says the clock is broken and that i should probably start using a different emulator? what's that about and what emulator should i use im currently on vba on my laptop
Old September 14th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by themc1192 View Post
hey guys new to the thread. just started playing the 3.2 and in the beginning it says the clock is broken and that i should probably start using a different emulator? what's that about and what emulator should i use im currently on vba on my laptop
Hi. Welcome to what I presume is your first Pokémon ROM of any type. Follow these directions to avoid the problem you just described on any future ROMhacks.

Assuming you use VisualBoyAdvance (if not, consult your emulator for equivalent directions)...

1. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type; change to 128K Flash
2. Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock; make sure it's checked (might not be needed, but I do this).
3. Quit VisualBoyAdvance (or your emulator; this is important).
4. Delete any save files created by the original opening of the ROM in your emulator. This is also important. Loading an existing save doesn't fix the problem.
5. Restart VisualBoyAdvance/"Some Other Random Emulator".
6. Load the ROM.
7. Enjoy.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 15th, 2012, 07:18 AM
themc1192
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Hi. Welcome to what I presume is your first Pokémon ROM of any type. Follow these directions to avoid the problem you just described on any future ROMhacks.

Assuming you use VisualBoyAdvance (if not, consult your emulator for equivalent directions)...

1. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type; change to 128K Flash
2. Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock; make sure it's checked (might not be needed, but I do this).
3. Quit VisualBoyAdvance (or your emulator; this is important).
4. Delete any save files created by the original opening of the ROM in your emulator. This is also important. Loading an existing save doesn't fix the problem.
5. Restart VisualBoyAdvance/"Some Other Random Emulator".
6. Load the ROM.
7. Enjoy.

Cyclone
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Another somewhat off topic question: any idea where to get growlithe? I want it as my fire pokemon and would hate to start off with cydaquill if growlithe can be found within the first 3 towns or so
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by themc1192 View Post
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Another somewhat off topic question: any idea where to get growlithe? I want it as my fire pokemon and would hate to start off with cydaquill if growlithe can be found within the first 3 towns or so
Given this is based off of Crystal, I will presume the information at Bulbapedia is somewhat accurate. Therefore, you can find it on Routes 36 and 37 (36 can be reached after the 2nd Gym, 37 waits until after the 3rd due to Sudowoodo). Later, it can be found on Route 8.

If there is any difference, someone who knows more about it please comment further.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 15th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Gamerboy7991
Beginning Trainer

In general, should I download Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2 or 1.8.0 beta 3?

I kind of want 1.7.2 since it's a stable release.

Would the 1.8.0 beta 3 have more bugs than 1.7.2 since it's in the beta still?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links