The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
This is for Ruby and Sapphire versions only:

How long did it take you to notice the things not really covered in the story like

Sky Pillar
Shoal Cave
Regi's Hideouts.

And stuff like that?

Took me 2 times playing through to find all 3.
Wasn't really mentioned well in game.

And the braille thing was difficult to figure out without the internet.
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Arcoz
Unhatched Egg

My first Gen III game was Emerald (which is the only one I had as a kid) when I was 8 and I was pretty dumb.. I didn't even know about the Regi's, I looked in Shoal Cave for a Spheal nothing more, and Sky Pillar - damnn. I didn't know about the Mach Bike thing so no I kept failing. I ended up giving up before the Elite 4 because I sucked so bad.

The next time I picked up Emerald (still only had Emerald) I had a Guide Book so for Shoal Cave I did it easily. Sky Pillar I had to try a million times but I got Rayquaza in the end. And the Regi's I tried Regice and I got it easily, Regirock was harder and I never managed to get Registeel.

Now if I try I can do all three with my eyes closed lol
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

I knew about that cave that opens the Regicaves. But I didn't know what it does. Also I spent an eternity trying to unlock the code and wasted my whole battery on it. I never knew about the Sky Pillar, but knew about the Shoal Cave. Guess I never thought of exploring the part where the tower was, since the path was blocked pre-E4.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I knew the Shoal Cave was there on my first playthrough, cause I went in. And I got the guide book later on when I was in the 8th gym, I think, so I saw the Regi stuff and Sky Pillar. I do think that the Regis are a great legendary trio though because they're actually hard to find, and then unlocking them can be a pain. I think it's the way legendaries should be instead of just thrown out to you. Even roamers are somewhat better than those sort of legendaries, but I digress. That's what I liked about Hoenn. It had a lot to explore, especially in Emerald. Tons of fun. Can't say I enjoy exploring in games as much as I used to though, haha. But when you're a kid, it's great to discover new places, especially when the internet isn't always available. Didn't have my own laptop when I was 10/11 ya know.

Now, if you wanna bring up places people might not know about RSE, Mirage Island man. I've still never been there lmao. If you didn't have a book or didn't look up stuff online, you probably would have never known. Until you read this post... As for things that you may not know about...well, just this year I learned that in double battles in Emerald (idk about RS), if you press start in the battle, you can change your HP bar to display numbers, like 109/109 for HP instead of just the bar without numbers showing. Pretty cool.

Last edited by Jak; September 4th, 2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

~Wow.
I did not know about that number thing.
Thanks for the tip. xD

As for mirage island.
Never been there, and probably never will, from what i've heard it's not worth it.
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I know as a kid I went into shoal cave just to see if I could find anything, but I really didn't see anything that made me want to go farther in. I had to look up sky pillar but I did it without a guide. Also I accidentally found the first clue for regis (the part with all the currents) but had no idea what the stone was, or what it said (I had to look up exactly what to do after that).
I didn't like the regis as a kid, I always liked normal (non-legendaries that is) pokemon because I didn't really pay attention to stats or anything, I'd just grind until I could beat everything (I did the elite four soooo many times lol)

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old September 5th, 2012, 05:31 AM
LLovro

Nature: Relaxed
I found everything except shoal cave but I was using internet
I really wont to catch some pokemon in shoal cave but whatever :D
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I knew about shoal cave on my first or second playthrough, I believe. As for Sky Pillar and the Regi Hideouts, I learned about those by my second or third playthrough, though I've never actually BEEN to either locations as I always restart Sapphire since I love it so much. :D
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
It took me awhile. When i first found sky pillar, i thought it was where u catch registeel. @~@ and dont get me started about catching the regis... It took me and all my friends to finally figure it out. We were writing the brail down on paper... Ugh, wish i knew about youtube back then.

So id say about a year all together.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Crux
Evermore

Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Shoal cave and the Regi caves were pretty easy for me to find,since I constantly went along those routes.(Regice was the last one I found.)
Sky Pillar on the other hand...well to be honest I had talked to the old guy in pacifidlog town and was looking for mirage island,which I never found,and that's when I saw Sky Pillar.
(Little did I know that the death of the internal battery meant that Mirage Island would never appear... :<)

W o r d p l o y
{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Empire
Ask me what I did with my life
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Empire
I found the Regi caves easily, didn't know what to do for a looooong time though
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I noticed them all pretty much instantly since I have a habit of exploring literally everything I can haha. I try and take all the detours and dead-end paths just because there's usually something at the end of them like items or whatnot, so I didn't really have a problem stumbling across these places. The regi ones were slightly different since at first they just seemed like weird rocks with dots on them, but after getting bored one day and noticing the Braille guide in the RS manual I tried decoding them and found the golems no problem :p
Old October 13th, 2012, 02:20 AM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Shoal Cake was pretty easy to notice... I already know Sky Pillar before I played Emerald and for the Regis Hideout, I only knew that when I accidentally found the entrance of the Wailord, Relincanth thing, I forgot the name, and I read it online on what it was... lool

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old October 13th, 2012, 11:50 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
I've been to all of the above, but... There's so thing more than just shell bells in shoal cave?!?!? Time to go look into that...
Old October 13th, 2012, 01:54 PM
11wildy
Me!

I remember trying to solve the braille, but it was in the room where you need to stay still, so when we finally solved it, the door was already open.. xD
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:20 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Ha. Same thing happened to me. ;D
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:20 PM
joshbl56
Feeling better?

Nature: Quiet
I found shoal cave and sky pillar the first time I played through Sapphire, mainly because I looked everywhere in the game. I was also able to get to Mirage Island right after I beat the Elite 4 cause I remember talking to that old man like tons of times before and him never seeing it (I wanted to go to Mirage Island before the Elite 4), so after I checked in with him again, I almost had a heart attack when he said he saw the Island! To bad the internal battery died...

As for the Regis, I didn't even try to understand it after I went into the cavern and saw the braille. I replayed the game three or four times before I finally got online to figure out the braille (which is bad because I actually had a Relicanth and Wailord on my first game XD)

Click on the picture to see the page for the challenge
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Alex
Whale & Wasp
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I first played Emerald, so I already knew about Sky Pillar :P. But I honestly didn't know about the Regi cave until, like, years after losing my original Emerald cartridge ^^';.

I did my time and I want out
So effusive – fade – it doesn’t cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo–sacrosanct perversion
Old October 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
It's surprising how many people don't know about Sky Pillar. I thought it was better known. I think that the fact of being a hidden location before E4 made so many people had troubles finding it.

About the Regis' caves, I have to say it's been the hardest thing I've ever done in a Pokemon game. I mean, I knew they existed and I knew where I had to go to unlock the three caves but, what I didn't know was how to use Wailord and Relicanth to make it work... it took me maaaany time to figure it out and, in fact, if a friend hadn't told me how to make it, i would probably never have visited those caves.

Allez, hop!
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Correspondence

My friend had told about how to solve the underwater cave thing to open the regi caves but i was clueless on how to open the doors in each cave it was months later that i realised that it was braille(which i found out while studying for my exams lol )
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Sephirothxx
Never leaving Gold

I heard about Sky Pillar from a friend at school in 4th grade. And either the summer before or after 5th grade a different friend told me that he found this place called "Dotted Hole" in Emerald version and I did some research and found on that location and learned that that is the way you unlock the regis. I found shoal cave by myself.
EDIT: And the awesome experience that came with finding dotted hole was that my friend knew some braille so we figured it out together one night when he came for a sleepover. Finding all of those places were each super awesome experiences that I wish I could relive.
Old October 16th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Frio Stylez
Hates His Username

Kinda sad...but it took about a year or two before I knew where Old Mauville was.
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:49 PM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
This is for Ruby and Sapphire versions only:

How long did it take you to notice the things not really covered in the story like

Sky Pillar
Shoal Cave
Regi's Hideouts.

And stuff like that?

Took me 2 times playing through to find all 3.
Wasn't really mentioned well in game.

And the braille thing was difficult to figure out without the internet.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I had a Bradygames guide to read prior to buying Sapphire, so I already knew about Sky Pillar and the Regi Hideouts once I started playing.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:27 AM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

The first times I played them, I was really into exploring in the games, so I noticed them in the first playthrough, the braille thing wasn't too hard because I learned a little braille when I was younger, but I didn't learn a lot of it, so I needed a little help. I was excited when I found Snorunt in the back of Shoal Cave, Snorunt was one of my favorites back then, so I caught one and raised to level 100, that same Snorunt is sitting on my White version right now(of course, now it's a Glalie).

My wife and I share my PSN account.
Old October 17th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

I didn't know about Sky pillar until I got pearl because that's when I got my internet the same with the Regi hideouts. I knew about Shoal cave pretty soon after reaching the twin gym leader island as I surfed off to train my team up.

Sponsored Links