The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:20 AM
Andyman409
Noob

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
No 4th/5th gen moves? o.o
Also, what is the 'tips' column?
Last time I checked, Electroball was a gen 5 move

Anyways, the tips section was just for people to offer advice and input into how to animate the attack.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

...that page must have changed a lot between when I saw it and you saw it. I swear I'm not crazy QQ.

And yes, for the love of god use the code. What-you-see-is-what-you-get never actually gets you what you see. >>

Okay, so now we need our resources. Are there any objections to going along with pkmn.master's stuff? Personally, it seems a waste to me to not using something we already have a strong start of support for.
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Andyman409
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
...that page must have changed a lot between when I saw it and you saw it. I swear I'm not crazy QQ.

And yes, for the love of god use the code. What-you-see-is-what-you-get never actually gets you what you see. >>

Okay, so now we need our resources. Are there any objections to going along with pkmn.master's stuff? Personally, it seems a waste to me to not using something we already have a strong start of support for.
I dunno. I apologize in advance if it was my fault. Anyways...

No, by all means. We need to get our hands on as many attack tile sets and sound files as we can get.

Here is another thread that we may get attack animation resources from:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ack+animations

From what I've read, this thread belonged to a group that worked on attack animations much as we do. They finished the attack animations for the moves Pkmn.master gave us the tile-sets for, and still had some attacks that were in progress, such as:

Crunch
Hypnosis
X-scizzor
Mean Look
Double Kick
Psycho Cut
Mud Bomb
Shadow Claw

Pkmn.master, since you worked with them, do you know whether or not we could get any resources or hands from them?

One last point. I like the idea of using the Youtube video with the audio for all attacks. Does anyone know how what file size,format, etc the sound files need to be? Because I got a good sound editing program on my mac. Anyone else got anything useful?

Last edited by Andyman409; September 5th, 2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
zingzags
Creator or Pokemon Serenity

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman409 View Post
No, by all means. We need to get our hands on as many attack tile sets and sound files as we can get.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...ack+animations

It's a group that worked on attacks much as we do. Also, Pkmn.master was afiliated with them. Supposedly, they still had some attacks that were in progress, including:

Crunch
Hypnosis
X-scizzor
Mean Look
Double Kick
Psycho Cut
Mud Bomb
Shadow Claw

perhaps we should ask them whether they have the attack sheets and sound files we need?
Why not do a joint project?
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Andyman409
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingzags View Post
Why not do a joint project?
I don't know if they are still active. If they are, that would be great, but I think Pkmn.Master is the only one here that would know for sure...
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
zingzags

Quote:
I don't know if they are still active. If they are, that would be great, but I think Pkmn.Master is the only one here that would know for sure...
Send him a quick pm, try and find out.
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:54 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Nature: Brave
Quote:
I dunno. I apologize in advance if it was my fault. Anyways...

www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=287962&highlight=essentials+attack+animations

From what I've read, this thread belonged to a group that worked on attack animations much as we do. They finished the attack animations for the moves Pkmn.master gave us the tile-sets for, and still had some attacks that were in progress, such as:

Crunch
Hypnosis
X-scizzor
Mean Look
Double Kick
Psycho Cut
Mud Bomb
Shadow Claw

Pkmn.master, since you worked with them, do you know whether or not we could get any resources or hands from them?

One last point. I like the idea of using the Youtube video with the audio for all attacks. Does anyone know how what file size,format, etc the sound files need to be? Because I got a good sound editing program on my mac. Anyone else got anything useful?
Well, this thread looks relatively new, and I didn't work with its owner, they just mentioned me in their credits for graphic modifications. I'm sure that the user would work with us as well. As for the file formats, When I rip that video's sound, I just use Audacity (but just about any program with desktop recording would work). Just a standard .wav format must be used. I have ripped two or three, but I would do more as well. I am gaining much progress on my game and I am making maps for someone else, so I might not be quick on work, but this project has my attention and I'd like to provide some assistance. I can start ripping and naming those move sounds, and if a ripper who could get us those animation graphics would show, I would put some of those raws into RMXP format. I would also compile a few animations, just not as much as I would work with gathering the resources. A quick note, for anyone who compiles the animations, you should obviously know that you mustn't make the animation without first having the sound file for that animation, or at least knowing what it sounds like (since the animation must go along with the sound).

Although I would work
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Andyman409
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmn.master View Post
Well, this thread looks relatively new, and I didn't work with its owner, they just mentioned me in their credits for graphic modifications. I'm sure that the user would work with us as well. As for the file formats, When I rip that video's sound, I just use Audacity (but just about any program with desktop recording would work). Just a standard .wav format must be used. I have ripped two or three, but I would do more as well. I am gaining much progress on my game and I am making maps for someone else, so I might not be quick on work, but this project has my attention and I'd like to provide some assistance. I can start ripping and naming those move sounds, and if a ripper who could get us those animation graphics would show, I would put some of those raws into RMXP format. I would also compile a few animations, just not as much as I would work with gathering the resources. A quick note, for anyone who compiles the animations, you should obviously know that you mustn't make the animation without first having the sound file for that animation, or at least knowing what it sounds like (since the animation must go along with the sound).
Audacity is a good program. At my old film school, it was considered one of the best amateur ones by far Anyhow, I'm not much of an audio guy myself, but I can easily record sounds from YouTube and convert them. In that case, perhaps we should all focus on sound effects first...

Also, I understand that you are busy with your game. I'm in the middle of some classes myself, so I'm also busy. Just pitch in whenever it's convenient.

On a final note, I'll PM the other group immediately.

Last edited by Andyman409; September 7th, 2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Andyman409
Noob

Just so you all know, the other group has not responded yet. Plus, I see there's a 10th anniversary celebration going on, which looks like fun. I volunteered to to work on the movie event, since I am a major cinephile (I studied it in college). So, for the time being, we might as well keep the workload light and enjoy ourselves.

One last thing- If anyone needs any help, feel free to ask the group for help- I know I will . And remember to mark off what your doing using the page Maruno made for us here.

Last edited by Andyman409; September 7th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:55 AM
khkramer

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...on-Attack-Rips this may help

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Andyman409
Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
Thanks, these look great. I guess it's decided that we'll use a combination of both 4th and 5th gen animations to make all the attacks. Any objections to this?

Also, if anyone has a Serebii account, can they ask this guy for permission. I like to give credit where credit is due

One last thing: I have signed myself up to do all the attacks starting with the letter "A". I hope that others will also start claiming moves. Remember, you don't have to complete a move immediately or entirely if you claim it. Just claim some attacks and work on them later. That way, we can stay organised. I never thought we'd finish these attacks soon. This is a long term project- and the sooner we take a step, the better.
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Kaitsu-Gohan
­

Nature: Calm
"If used, Give Credit!"

It's in his post. No need for permission.
Old September 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Just ripped a few move sounds. Here is the file:

http://depositfiles.com/files/xesttvyt7

This is a part of the grass move sounds, I will add the rest soon. If anyone is wondering, it is 20:00-21:17 of that youtube video I posted earlier. Here is a list of the ripped ones included in this pack:

Petal Dance
Seed Flare
Solar Beam - Storing light
Solar Beam - Launched
Aromatherapy
Cotton Guard
Cotton Spore
Grass Whistle
Ingrain
Leech Seed
Leech Seed-health gained
Sleep Powder
Spore
Stun Spore
Synthesis
Worry Seed

Also, I have never edited a Wiki page before, and I don't currently have the time to learn at the moment, but later I will, so someone should post this under resources on the wiki.
Old September 11th, 2012, 02:52 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

I have ripped the rest of the grass animation sound effects and reuploaded a single zip file with every grass move, even the ones in the previous post. From now own, I will upload all of the sound effects so that they are in packs based on thier type. I will upload the complete electric type library next. Here is that file:

http://depositfiles.com/files/gc6p7uxvj

Please make the necessary adjustment on the wiki. Delete the other link and post this one, include that this is the sound effects for all moves. I tried to do it myself, but wiki didn't take my changes.
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Andyman409
Noob

Quote:
I have ripped the rest of the grass animation sound effects and reuploaded a single zip file with every grass move, even the ones in the previous post. From now own, I will upload all of the sound effects so that they are in packs based on thier type. I will upload the complete electric type library next. Here is that file:

http://depositfiles.com/files/gc6p7uxvj

Please make the necessary adjustment on the wiki. Delete the other link and post this one, include that this is the sound effects for all moves. I tried to do it myself, but wiki didn't take my changes.
The link has been updated. Thanks to whoever updated it and, of course, thanks PKMN.Master for making the sound effects. We are one step closer to achieving our goal.
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Quote:
The link has been updated. Thanks to whoever updated it and, of course, thanks PKMN.Master for making the sound effects. We are one step closer to achieving our goal.

Not a problem. I'll try to get a whole type's worth of SE's every other day time permitting. To get the work started for those working with the animations, if you have the graphic of the animation, and you have claimed/requested to do that particular animation and are ready to start working on it but you need the sound effect, please PM me or post here which ones you are ready to start on, and I will go ahead and find and rip them and send them to you before I upload them with their particular type. This will speed up the process for those waiting for the sound to begin work.
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM
the__end
Pixel Artist

hey =)
i like the idea of making animations...
but i never made animations in essentials so a tutorial video would be nice!
and i can rip almost any attack graphics from pokemon BW so just say if you need one...
it would be nice if you write me a pm in deviantART because i am more offten online there... http://xtreme1992.deviantart.com/
just tell me which attack graphic you need from BW and i will rip it...
it would be awesome to have essentials with all the animations done!

EDIT
uhm maybe we should make the moves in the order of their index number...
i added a list in the attachments with the moves arranged in their index number...
and we should add to the wiki page for each move a check for resources...
for example if there are graphics available there should be a link to the graphic and if only the sound available a link to the sound...
so people can add separate parts of the animations and other people can finish animations with already ripped resources...
Attached Files
File Type: txt List of moves.txt‎ (8.6 KB, 9 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by the__end; September 13th, 2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
zingzags

Also I can you show us some progresss on current animations that are either done, or being currently worked on.
Pokemon ebony
and
Xenotime:
Old September 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Andyman409
Noob

Nice to see you on board, the_end. Your contributions are much appreciated.

Anyways, to respond to your questions, I originally wanted to do each attack in alphabetical order. However, Pkmn.master found it helpful to categorize all the sound effects by elemental type, so he could release them in manageable packages. I'd follow his lead, and release the attack rips in elemental packs, to easily cohere with his work. However, it doesn't really matter how you choose release them; do whatever's easiest for you to manage. If you wish to release your attack rips individually, you can do so in the "download(s)" column, next to each attack.

Anyways, if you wish to learn how to make attack animations, read this article on Essentials Wiki. You need to reformat the ripped attacks into "animation sheets", and open them up in one of the animation editors. The entire process is kinds tricky and requires a lot of practice. I kinda suck at it, so your not alone. If you want to only focus on ripping attacks, I can do the conversions for you. Interestingly, I don't know how to rip, but I can convert attack rips into animation sheets. I'd love to be able to get B/W attack rips for every grass type move, now that we have the B/W attack sound effects for them. That way, I can format them, and the rest of us can begin animating them.

Zingzags: We have a status bar next to each of our attacks, which changes colour depending on whether or not the attack is finished, in progress, etc. Resources can also be added under the "downloads" column, or the "Resources" section.

Remember, all contributions, no matter how small, are appreciated. And BTW we should probably add a credits section, giving everyone credit for what they have contributed.

Last edited by Andyman409; September 14th, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Andyman409
Noob

A quick notice. It would be helpful if we could get a turtorial on how to rip attack graphics from black and white. If anyone can provide a tutorial, or link to one, that would be most appreciated.

To anyone who wishes to help us, here is a quick tutorial on how to create attack animations, and attack animation sheets. To record sound effects, all you have to do is record the sounds from this Youtube video.

If anyone needs help, feel free to ask!

Last edited by Andyman409; September 28th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Seth Pegasus

Yes please someone make a short tutorial on how to rip the attack animations. As I have said before, I am willing to put a lot of my time into helping make the attack animations while I still have the time, but I have no idea how to rip the animations.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
pkmn.master
Hobbyist Game Developer

Back again after a rough homecoming week at school. I have been working on the Normal attack sound effects and I am pleased to say that they have all been ripped (excluding the attacks that use Pokemon cries such as Roar or Howl). I have ripped and placed them all in a zip file here: http://depositfiles.com/files/txgvjc5gj
Please update the wiki page.

The filesize is large though (20 MB) - after all, normal type attacks compose roughly 1/4 of all moves. The good news is that I am 1/4 the way done in ripping all sound effects! Another note, all of the sound effects are from Black/White. Who ever will rip the graphics, try to rip the ones from Black and White or BW2, since these will be more compatable with the sound.
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:36 PM
Andyman409
Noob

Quote:
Back again after a rough homecoming week at school. I have been working on the Normal attack sound effects and I am pleased to say that they have all been ripped (excluding the attacks that use Pokemon cries such as Roar or Howl). I have ripped and placed them all in a zip file here: http://depositfiles.com/files/txgvjc5gj
Please update the wiki page.

The filesize is large though (20 MB) - after all, normal type attacks compose roughly 1/4 of all moves. The good news is that I am 1/4 the way done in ripping all sound effects! Another note, all of the sound effects are from Black/White. Who ever will rip the graphics, try to rip the ones from Black and White or BW2, since these will be more compatable with the sound.
Oh man, been there. Right now I'm knee deep in course work

Anyways, good job pkmn.master! I'll put these up on the wikia immediatly. So far, Seth Pegasus and myself expressed interest in ripping graphics. The problem, however, is that we don't know how! Know where we can find a good tutorial? I can convert the attack rips into animation sheets that essentials can read; but I don't know how to actually get the rips in the first place!

The_end also said he'd lend a hand ripping attacks. I messaged him on deviantart, but so far he hasn't responded. I hope he'd still planning to help.

Last edited by Andyman409; October 1st, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:48 PM
mrsnuggles

Nature: Careful
i have quite a few attack graphics and a few extra others
altho they might need to be resized & are from diamond & pearl

Spoiler:
Acupressure
aerial ace
Aero-Blast
Amnesia
Ancient Power
Attack & heal
baton pass
Blast Burn
Bullet Seed
Burn
Close Combat
confuse
Crunch
Cups
Cut
Dragon Claw
Dynamic Punch
Energy Ball
Eruption
Fire
Fire blast
fire punch
fire spin
fissure
flare blitz
flash cannon
fly
focus Blast
Frenzy plant
Giga Impact
Growl
Grudge
Hammer Arm
Healing
Heat wave
Helping hand
Hydro cannon
Hydro pump
Hypnosis
ice shards
iron head
kick & chop
lava plume
leaf storm
leaves
leech seed
lock on
magical leaf
mean look
last resort
mud bomb
mud shot
mud sport
needle arm
nightmare
notes point finger
poison stab
psychic
psycho cut
rain
rock smash
rock tomb
sacred fire
scary face regular &transparent
scope
slash & shadow claw
seed flare
shadow ball
shadow force
seismic toss
spaical rend
spikes
stone edge
status changes
sub back & front
sucker punch
stone edge
surf regular & transparent
swagger
swift
swords dance
whirl pool
wood hammer
worry seed
x for block
x scissor

if you want them just tell me or you can get them yourself from the spriters resource

Last edited by mrsnuggles; October 1st, 2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
Maruno
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

Any animations are better than none. They can always be improved/replaced afterwards if necessary.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here