The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements

Notices

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
Let's have a competition where you have to find a bad Pokémon fanfic on the Internet, and post a link to it. The person that links to the worst fic wins. No linking to your own fic. (We'd need judges, of course. I'd recommend disqualifying mature content and human/Pokémon pairings, because otherwise people would all link to Rectified Anonymity or something similar.)

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old September 5th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Let's have a competition where you have to find a bad Pokémon fanfic on the Internet, and post a link to it. The person that links to the worst fic wins. No linking to your own fic. (We'd need judges, of course. I'd recommend disqualifying mature content and human/Pokémon pairings, because otherwise people would all link to Rectified Anonymity or something similar.)
Why bad fanfics though. I suppose that'd cut them down to be a lot shorter than most good fanfics you'd be able to find, however I just don't see much in an event like that. Another thing you'd have to take note to is that there's a chance that the writers of the fanfics that'd be found in an event like this could be a member on this forum, and I'm pretty certain no one would be happy to find their work in a competition like that.
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
Perhaps a competition where we write our own bad fanfic? Like Olli said, you don't want to accidentally step on a member's toes and in general it doesn't seem like much of a "community" spirit to single people out and make fun of them... unless they agree to it and know that they're making something bad for others to laugh at.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 5th, 2012, 03:02 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Yeah, how about writing your own bad fanfic? Making fun of other people's works (and never your own!) sounds very rude and condescending, and that's definitely not the spirit of PokéCommunity.

Old September 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I agree with droomph. A couple of purposely bad one-shots sound pretty amusing, actually.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 5th, 2012, 05:19 PM
casshern6s
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon sprite battle tournament.
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
IllusDark8

Nature: Careful
I wouldn't mind doing a Singing Competition and Skype Events, why not a remix or original song contest to add? Winner will have their remix or original creation premiered on Radio Nintendo
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:41 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
I'M UP FOR MINECRAFT!!!! Maybe comp. battling for D,P,Pl,SS,& Hg!(my Black account is WEAK!)

Sponsored Links