The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
Main games, spin-offs, remakes, user-created content, etc... Which game had your favorite soundtrack? You can also refer to a set of games (e.g. Mystery Dungeon), a generation, or a single game.

My favorite soundtrack belongs easily to the Fourth Generation. Good lord did this gen have some of the best music ever. D/P/Pt had some awesome music. Had many calm, ambient tunes and just overall a lot of character... HG/SS music was just... The original Gen 2 music was already great. Playing HG/SS had an overpowering feel of nostalgia mostly in the music. I don't care what others say, the people that hate the music and say the originals were always the best, in my opinion, the remakes were just as awesome if not better...

Last edited by Ice Car; September 2nd, 2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
PokeBunny
Pokemon Game Maker

Nature: Serious
Some cave music in 3rd gen. are cool. But I played those games 3 years ago.
All I remember is e e ooooo e e.

Pokemon GSC where not bad. I play Gold alot so I like most of the music.
I heard before the champion DPP. It was awesome. HGSS's tower music could be a bit better.

FireRed LG. Getting items where cool. 3rd gen. GYM music is good. I haven't heard GYM music for gen 1,4,5. BW legendary Pokemon battle stinks. It doesn't follow Pokemon game music for battles.

The Pokemon Game Developer
If you are wondering why I'm taking long to make Pokemon Hot Red and Cold Blue... It's because I barely get computer time. Be patient (I'm not!.

My SoundCloud!!!!!!!!!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
HeartGold/SoulSilver has to have my favorite music out of all the games. GSC used to be at the top of my list, but the remixed versions of different themes makes it that much better (plus, I can always use the GB Sounds to go back and listen to the originals).

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:33 PM
TheAmazingTaco
Crazy Cardboard Box Hobo

Nature: Docile
Despite the newer games having a more fancy tone to their theme songs for towns; I still have to say my most favorite has to be the super-classic. Red/Blue/Yellow games. I don't know why but their theme songs are just so catchy for me. Probably because that's what I grew up with~ Viridian City's original-upbeat theme will forever be in my memory. Next would have to be one of the routes in Ruby/Sapphire. So upbeat!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Mystery Dungeon destroys any musical competition. All of it fits the environments perfectly and gets stuck in my head xD

For the main games, I'd say... well I never payed much attention to the main game music, but I'll say B/W for Iccirus and Oppelucid city, among others (sorry if I spelled them wrong).
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
CriticalKYUC
Beginning Trainer

HG/SS hands down. And with GB Music, I grew a 3rd hand to put it down.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:41 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

HGSS had some beastly music, Lance and Red's theme,Kanto trainer, Lugia, the music is just amazing :D! Diamond and Pearl also had some good ones, like Dialga and Palkia's theme.
. :p
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:56 AM
Golden Kirby
New hacker

Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Kirby
Defiantly the mystery dungeon games. Whilst i liked the music from the mainstream games i think the soundtrack in Sky blows away the competition
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:03 AM
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

B/W 2 has my favorite soundtrack. It has a pretty awesome soundtrack without counting the tournament songs. With the tournament songs, it's even more awesome. Too bad they didn't use B/W's rival theme as Cheren and Bel's tournament theme.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:36 AM
master of rattatas
Beginning Trainer

my favorite music was the gym leader theme in the remake of pokemon lg fr.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Bossk749
Unhatched Egg

My favorite soundtrack is definitely Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It's definitely good, but due to nostalgia I just can't enjoy any other Pokemon music as much as them. My favorite Pokemon song ever is definitely the Red/Blue/Yellow champion's theme (last rival battle).
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
DukeofEarls
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossk749 View Post
My favorite soundtrack is definitely Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. It's definitely good, but due to nostalgia I just can't enjoy any other Pokemon music as much as them. My favorite Pokemon song ever is definitely the Red/Blue/Yellow champion's theme (last rival battle).
It's the same for me, though I am not sure what my favorite theme would be... tough to choose. I really like the Rival Appears Theme, Pallet Town, and of course Lavender Town. Road to Cerulean is also very good. I love the original music, and it's amazing how little they had to work with and the sound they were able to create despite that
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:04 PM
Mistyb89
Water Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeofEarls View Post
It's the same for me, though I am not sure what my favorite theme would be... tough to choose. I really like the Rival Appears Theme, Pallet Town, and of course Lavender Town. Road to Cerulean is also very good. I love the original music, and it's amazing how little they had to work with and the sound they were able to create despite that

I would have to agree too that the classics had the best soundtrack. I loved all of those especially pallet town. Also professor Oak's gym theme. *Sigh* brings back memories. I also owned pokemon gold and crystal. I'm a fan of the Goldenrod city theme, especially during the night. I liked it so much when i was younger that I learned how to play it on the piano haha
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
GSC had the best soundtrack from all the Pokèmon games. The tin tower music, Red Battle Music and legendary dog encounter music (Crystal only). Btw I was playing LeafGreen and I realized that the seventh island's music was a remixed version of Olivine City and violet city.
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:41 AM
tpaskavich
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Pikachu o View Post
GSC had the best soundtrack from all the Pokèmon games. The tin tower music, Red Battle Music and legendary dog encounter music (Crystal only). Btw I was playing LeafGreen and I realized that the seventh island's music was a remixed version of Olivine City and violet city.
Omg my platinum team is exactly the same :O
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Pokemon Trainer UV
Attractively foolish

Nature: Serious
To me all of the 4th Gen games had the best music. Especially Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, those tunes really stuck to me!
HeartGold/SoulSilver also have a great soundtrack, with my favorites coming from Kanto. They were all great remixes over the original versions.

My favorite one from HeartGold:

Favorite from Platinum:

Last edited by Pokemon Trainer UV; September 4th, 2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

4th gen had the best music for me tbh, particularly the music against Cynthia in Platinum definitely stands out for me along with the background theme for the Distortion World as well.

Gotta love the high life.
Old September 4th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Kanto_Johto
Never glimpse the truth

Nature: Bold
Definitely HeartGold and SoulSilver. That soundtrack is mesmerising. The National Park theme blew me away when I first heard it. Viridian Forest, Route 26/27, Route 38/39 and Cinnabar Island are some of my favourites, too. And Celadon City/Fushia City's theme was incredibly remade! Those major 7 chords are implemented fantastically. It gives it such a dreamy atmosphere.

The recreation of the GSC soundtrack is just overall fantastic, and GSC had some of the best melodies and harmonic progressions I've ever heard in a video game's music.

GSC/HGSS has the best video game soundtrack of all time, in my opinion, along with Super Mario Bros. 3 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
AoiFushigisou
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to AoiFushigisou
My favorite soundtrack? (I´ve got 4 :D)
mostly from R/S/E and they´re
-Abandoned ship/ Faraway island/ Southern island
-Meteor falls/ Cave of origin
-Elite 4 battle music
But D/P/Pt have some good soundtracks too (for example: Victroy road)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
The soundtrack overall or just a track from a game? If I have to choose my favorite track, the original VS. Trainer theme still gives me chills with all those runs. It's a fantastic song, really. As for a soundtrack, I'd go and say Pokemon XD has the best. I would normally say Colosseum, but XD does have almost all the tracks from Colosseum and then some, so yeah haha. The music in that game is just amazing though. My favorite is VS. Cipher Peon. Much better than the version from Colosseum, imo. It sounded more sinister and reminded you of why you were fighting, if that makes sense.

Play the game to change the game
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Turbo_Dee

Nature: Naughty
I can't really decide on a game which has my favourite soundtrack, but rather each games has a few of my favourites in them. As well as the ones already mentioned, I have to throw the Regi's theme from R/S/E into the mix. Truly delightful, and they cap off the mystery and the journey to reach the pokemon perfectly.
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Satoshi111
Unhatched Egg

My favorite was the Gen III sountrack, with Lavender Town Theme(the RGBY and FRLG Versions) the favorite song in the series, the close second being Red's theme.

By Banner by to123x
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:28 PM
audinowho
我是谁?

The original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's soundtrack probably moved me more than any other game's soundtrack. Aside from that, I tip my hat off to HgSs and its explosion of old songs, new songs, old remixes of new songs, and original songs. I think it's the biggest soundtrack I have with me right now. It helps that I liked many of the remixes of the Kanto themes to begin with.
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My fave Pokemon game music would have to be from Black and White.

It has a nice mix of soothing and epic music.

These ones are among my faves:

Spoiler:

Old September 7th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Seraphimon-sama

I'd have to say that HG/SS, D/P/Pt and B/W are tied for 1st for me.
HG/SS because of the Suicune battle, the Champion battle, and the Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza battle.
D/P/Pt because of Cynthia's music (both before you battle her and in-battle).
B/W because of the Team Plasma battle theme.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

Sprite made by DD's Sprite Shop~!

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links