The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 4th, 2012, 04:03 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Hi everybody! For those who doesn't know me, I'm JackHack96, an italian student who is learning Java and other programming languages (and forgetting VB6, which is awful and outdated ) and trying to hack NDS games. So in these months I've made some hack-tools for NDS games, and I want to make other tools next months (when I'll have some time, because I have also to study... ).
Well, let's start with the presentation:
Spoiler:
DPP Intro Editor

This tool can change the pokémon which appears with prof. Rowan in the intro (Munchlax in Diamond/Pearl, Buneary in Platinum)

Spoiler:
DS Trade Editor

With this tool you can change the internal pokemon trades, like DPTrade, the only difference is that this tool is compatible also with Platinum. This tool is available both in english and italian

Spoiler:
DPP Starter

This was my first tool. It's limitated, it only changes the starters. I want to make this tool more powerful and useful.

Spoiler:
DS Pokémon Editor

This tool is the DS version of YAPE! It can edit stats, evolutions and the moveset (together with HMs/TMs).

Spoiler:
DPP Attack Editor

This little tool can easily edit attack's data. This tool is available in english and italian.

Spoiler:
DPP ItemED

Do you remember GBA Item Editor? Well, this tool is the ds version of it.

Spoiler:
DS Text Editor

Simple to use and fast, this is actually the best text editor for 4th generation pokémon games!.

Spoiler:
Overworld Editor DS

Do you remember Overworld Editor RE? Well, this is the DS version :D

Spoiler:
Nitro Explorer 3

I usually use Linux as my main operating system. In fact, all the other tools are written in Java, so I can launch them also on Ubuntu.
I noticed Nitro Explorer 2 doesn't run well on wine, and I don't like using wine. So I wrote a new version, especially for Linux (and potentially Mac) users (but you can run this tool also on Windows). This version can also edit arm9, arm7 and the various overlays (nitro explorer 2 doesn't).

And now the big one:
DS PokeHack Studio (under heavy development Currently suspended)
Spoiler:

This tool was initially a Linux port of my other tools, but since I added some functions, I decided to support also Windows (and I could easily support Mac OSX). This tool is designed for working together with SDSME, because SDSME can't edit everything except the map-related things.

Well, I hope you are satisfied, I'll make these tools more powerful in the future. If you find any bugs or if you have any questions, please tell me in this thread.

DOWNLOADS:
You can download all these tools from my website, which is http://www.hackromtools.altervista.org/
IF YOU LIKE HACK ROM TOOLS PLEASE DON'T USE ADBLOCK OR DISABLE IT WHEN YOU SURF MY WEBSITE

Source code of DS PokeHack Studio is public, you can watch it on Launchpad and you can modify or redistribute it under the terms of the GNU GPLv3 license.
Source code of all the other tools is attached to the file.

For more information see my website !

Comments please!

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.

Last edited by JackHack96; September 10th, 2014 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Update
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
First post xD
Finally! the topic has been approved! In my opinion you are the future for hacking ds
the best tools are ds text editor and ds palette editor .

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:30 PM
MarinoKadame

This look pretty great, will you make a tool later for editing or adding types ?
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:11 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Pretty cool, especially the Attack Editor, can't wait for the text editor it will sure be a blast when finished!
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Garuga17

Love the Pokemon and Move editor, i'll definitely use it if i'm planning to hack 4th gen
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:50 PM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
This look pretty great, will you make a tool later for editing or adding types ?
Thanks to all. What types do you mean (attack types, pokemon types, ...)?

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Just remember, the NDS data is very different to that of the GBA, the palettes would have alot more slots than that of the GBA, you just have to look at it in Tinke. It will display many more colours.

But these tools for hacking the 4th generation (and maybe 5th) would indeed be very useful, I would be looking forward to seeing these tools improve.

You've done a wonderful job there, JackHack96.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:09 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Just remember, the NDS data is very different to that of the GBA, the palettes would have alot more slots than that of the GBA, you just have to look at it in Tinke. It will display many more colours.

But these tools for hacking the 4th generation (and maybe 5th) would indeed be very useful, I would be looking forward to seeing these tools improve.

You've done a wonderful job there, JackHack96.
Yes, I know that. In fact, DS Palette Editor was an "exercise", and it was originally designed for editing overworld palettes, but with the next release of it, I'll set up more colors. When I'll finish DS Text Editor, I'll probably return on programming an overworld editor for ds, like the one of HackMew y Xeon.
Ah, another thing, I have stopped developing DS Text Editor with VB.NET, because I can't solve some strange errors. pichu2000 helped me, but we haven't succeed. So I'm rewriting DS Text Editor with C#, which is better and because pichu2000 can help me more.

Old September 7th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Look what I managed to do:

dark rowan lol

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old September 7th, 2012, 06:14 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Hi everybody !
I've released the first beta version of DS Text Editor! Now you can download it from my website and try it! It's still in development, so stay tuned!
For now, it can load the text and edit it, just the essential.

Instruction:
For use it, you need Nitro Explorer (if you haven't got it, you can download it from my website). If you are trying to edit text of Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, go to msgdata folder, and extract msg.narc. If you want to hack Heart Gold or Soul Silver text, go to a/0/2 folder, and then extract the 7 file somewhere. Rename it to [whateveryouwant].narc (it's not important how do you call it, it's important its extension, which must be .narc).
With DS Text Editor open the file and edit. Remember messages are still "in a strange language". You can edit it and also you can add messages. Then you save it, and with Nitro Explorer you reinsert it. And you've finished!

REMEMBER THIS: AFTER YOU EDIT TEXT, IT'S BETTER NOT TO USE THE OLD PROGRAMS WHICH PokeSpam, thethethethe AND Horus MADE IN 2008 OR MY PROGRAMS, BECAUSE THEY EDIT THE NDS FILE DIRECTLY. WITH TEXT EDITING, OFFSETS CAN CHANGE! SO THESE PROGRAMS AREN'T GOOD. MY NEXT RELEASE OF EVERY PROGRAM WILL ACT ON NARC FILES. FOR NOW, IF YOU WANT TO USE THESE PROGRAMS, USE THEM BEFORE USING DS TEXT EDITOR. I DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY for any data loss and blablabla...

Old September 8th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Michielleus
That random guy

Nature: Modest
You know what would be awesome? An overworld editor! Something a bit user-friendly, unlike Poketex.

A terrible hack; you don't want to play it.
I'll have a nice platinum hack up soon!

Lopunny is based on a playboy bunny.
Old September 8th, 2012, 06:24 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michielleus View Post
You know what would be awesome? An overworld editor! Something a bit user-friendly, unlike Poketex.
Yeah! I have a project on that! After I'll release the first alpha of DS Text Editor, I'll return on programming the overworld editor.
What do you think if I'll make it like HackMew's one, Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition, it's simple and intuitive?

EDIT: I hate Poketex!

Old September 8th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

How is it going with making them combatible with hg ss??
Old September 8th, 2012, 08:43 AM
MarinoKadame

For the type I mean pokemon type like Bug, Flying, etc. Changing their weaknesses and resistance. And maybe if someone made some progress maybe be able to add new types. Also it's possible with your tool to add a second type for different form ? Like having a surfing pikachu with Electric/Water instead of only Electric.
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:31 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoKadame View Post
For the type I mean pokemon type like Bug, Flying, etc. Changing their weaknesses and resistance. And maybe if someone made some progress maybe be able to add new types. Also it's possible with your tool to add a second type for different form ? Like having a surfing pikachu with Electric/Water instead of only Electric.
Well, for now, you can change pokemon's type. DS Pokémon Editor is able to do that. You can have a Water/Electric Pikachu, but you can't have a surfing pikachu. For that, I need to implement the Moveset Editor in DS Pokémon Editor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike15
How is it going with making them combatible with hg ss??
For now, only DS Text Editor is compatible. These days I'll release Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor, with these new features:
-Text Search function
-Improved decoding speed
-Simpler text format
And some bugfix.
After I'll release this, I'll quickly update my programs for working on NARC files, because it's safer and ... (see the reason 6 posts before )
So, I'll make them compatible with HG/SS

Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor has been released!!!!
If you want, you can download it!

Last edited by JackHack96; September 8th, 2012 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Well, for now, you can change pokemon's type. DS Pokémon Editor is able to do that. You can have a Water/Electric Pikachu, but you can't have a surfing pikachu. For that, I need to implement the Moveset Editor in DS Pokémon Editor!

For now, only DS Text Editor is compatible. These days I'll release Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor, with these new features:
-Text Search function
-Improved decoding speed
-Simpler text format
And some bugfix.
After I'll release this, I'll quickly update my programs for working on NARC files, because it's safer and ... (see the reason 6 posts before )
So, I'll make them compatible with HG/SS

Beta 0.5 of DS Text Editor has been released!!!!
If you want, you can download it!
of course im gonna download it. Im working on a hg hack so thanks due you´re awsome
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:24 AM
qssrd
Unhatched Egg

My, my... you've been doing a wonderful job... kudos
I hope you make all these compatible with HG/SS soon... I've been looking for good tools for simple changes on them for a while...
But if I may give you a suggestion... It would be nice to have a moveset editor editor like some 3rd gen editors, if that's possible...
Anyhow, these look really promissing, my congratulations, sir :D
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:59 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qssrd View Post
My, my... you've been doing a wonderful job... kudos
I hope you make all these compatible with HG/SS soon... I've been looking for good tools for simple changes on them for a while...
But if I may give you a suggestion... It would be nice to have a moveset editor editor like some 3rd gen editors, if that's possible...
Anyhow, these look really promissing, my congratulations, sir :D
Thanks ! In this moment I'm working on HG/SS compatibility, and I'll add english language! And, oh yes, I'm trying to make the moveset editor (which is incorporated in DS Pokémon Editor) like YAPE's one.

Old September 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

I've released the first modified version of DPP Attack Editor! Now it works on NARC files, so you can use it also after have used DS Text Editor. And of course it's now compatible with HG/SS!!! I've also completely translated it in english!

Download is available on my website! See the first post !

P.S.: Now I began school, so I'll release tools more slowly, because I've got also to study!

Old September 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM
revere
Community Supporter

Finally, good DS tools for 4th Gen hacking. Nice, JackHack. I wish you good luck in your studies & tool creation.
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Tan and Teal
DS ROM Hacker

Nature: Careful
Wow... I'm surprised by how much DS Hacking progress we've made over just one summer...

But anyway, these tools are great. They very from an intro editor to a whole text editor! Amazing work!
Old September 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

I've released a new version of DPP ItemED! Now it's like DPP Attack Editor! It works with NARCs and it's compatible with HG/SS!

Old September 25th, 2012, 11:04 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Hi! In these days I've developed a new beta of DS Text Editor, but it makes errors, so I don't make it downloadable. Now I'm returing on programming DS Pokémon Editor, with new hot functions like moveset editor.

Another thing: today I updated DS Trade Editor, now it works with narcs !
You know where to download it!

Old September 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Beta 0.7 of DS Text Editor has been released!
New functions:
-Case sensitive/unsensitive research
-Added some options
-Simplified some variables
-Check for updates (and auto-update) functions implemented
-Some bugfix
-Other little functions

Old October 1st, 2012, 08:21 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Finally a starter editor for Platinum!!! Thank you! Been waiting so long for this.

Unfortunately, If you select an edited Pokemon, your Rival will always pick Turtwig, even if you edit Chimchar's or Turtwig's slot and select that one. All the other starter editors I know of keep the original rival selections based on which slot you choose.

Seems like it could be an easy fix, but what do I know?

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links