Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:49 PM
SpadeEdge16

Advertise here
Can someone send me a link to where I can download ASM? I can't find it anywhere. :/
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM
passarbye
Just passin' thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
I'm pretty sure that same file is in another program, that's how I got a-text to work...I dragged and dropped it. I'm pretty sure it's in Overworld Editor: Rebirth edition. Download that, and then drag and drop the file.
your right, it comes with ComCTL32.ocx, but it says that it needs (or something isn't working with) ComDLG.ocx
and where do i paste the files to? the INI folder for A-Text?
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:53 PM
SpadeEdge16

What does it mean in A-map when it says "AvancedMapError(5): Value $FFFFFFFF is not a pointer!"? And how do I fix it? It's messing up all of my gameplay for that map. All I did was remove the wild pkmn data.
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpadeEdge16 View Post
What does it mean in A-map when it says "AvancedMapError(5): Value $FFFFFFFF is not a pointer!"? And how do I fix it? It's messing up all of my gameplay for that map. All I did was remove the wild pkmn data.
NEVER remove wild Pokémon data... this is what happens... if you don't want Pokémon to appear, just set the frequency to 0% but NEVER remove it...

@Ksiazek Bartlomiej: Jambo's working on patch. So far it's not possible throughout normal meanings.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:33 AM
SpadeEdge16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

NEVER remove wild Pokémon data... this is what happens... if you don't want Pokémon to appear, just set the frequency to 0% but NEVER remove it...

@Ksiazek Bartlomiej: Jambo's working on patch. So far it's not possible throughout normal meanings.
Yeah, trust me, won't happen again. The only thing I'm worried about, is that a similar thing happened to me before, where I deleted a map connection (which I also won't do again), and it started messing with other maps, completely distorting maps and tilesets. To fix the wild pkmn data problem, I just re-inserted the same map into the bank, and that one works fine. So, as long as I leave the other one that messed up alone, everything else should continue to work fine, right?
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah, trust me, won't happen again. The only thing I'm worried about, is that a similar thing happened to me before, where I deleted a map connection (which I also won't do again), and it started messing with other maps, completely distorting maps and tilesets. To fix the wild pkmn data problem, I just re-inserted the same map into the bank, and that one works fine. So, as long as I leave the other one that messed up alone, everything else should continue to work fine, right?
Actually, by definition in the ROM, it isn't possible to set the frequency to 0. It automatically raises it to a base value if you set it to 0.
Hey guys, please check out my recreations of the gen 1 and 2 music on my custom engine at my SoundCloud! - Here!
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Rogue42
Ninja

Nature: Relaxed
Hey I'm working on a ruby game for me and my friends and I want to change the rival's name so when you type [rival] it says something different
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
liam16
Beginning Trainer

Hey, does anyone know how i can edit the professor in the beginning of Pokemon Emerald when he is introducing the game and asking who you are.
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
DaleH771
I know who you are.

Hey.

Can anyone link me to a download for a GBA Pokemon Trainer Editor please?

The toolbox section of this website is awful, 80% of the links are outdated or broken... Downloading programs is a pain. Every PET and A-Trainer download I have tried has been instantly been removed by Mcafe for being a trojan.

Demo coming soon!
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Um, that's not the sections fault. Many of the tool creators have moved on, it's not our fault that the links expire.

Anyway, here's a link to A-Trainer. http://www.sendspace.com/file/29eu58
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:17 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anybody know the unLZ number for the exclamation mark that comes up over OW's heads cause mine some how became orange
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
You can edit the images by downloading NSE Classic. There is a Bookmark under the Hero Interactions folder, called Exclamations, that has the image for your editing pleasure :D
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
passarbye
Just passin' thru

Quote:
Originally Posted by passarbye View Post
your right, it comes with ComCTL32.ocx, but it says that it needs (or something isn't working with) ComDLG.ocx
and where do i paste the files to? the INI folder for A-Text?
i found a solution!
(ONLY for windows 7, i can't help if you're on a different OS)

all you have to do is download the file that A-Text says it has a problem with, then paste it in the folder that A-Text is in.
after that, copy/paste it in your system32 folder (windows 7) and run A-Text as administrator!

FINALLY!

+1000 internets to the person that posted this on wiki.answers
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:50 PM
SpadeEdge16

Can anyone link me to a ASM download? Sorry I'm asking again, but the toolbox doesn't seem to have it, and I can't move forward with my hack without it. It would be very appreciated.
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
i found a solution!
(ONLY for windows 7, i can't help if you're on a different OS)

all you have to do is download the file that A-Text says it has a problem with, then paste it in the folder that A-Text is in.
after that, copy/paste it in your system32 folder (windows 7) and run A-Text as administrator!
That was really a problem for someone? o.O
It works for every Windows OS, if you download the missing part and put it into system32 A-Text will work.

Quote:
Can anyone link me to a ASM download? Sorry I'm asking again, but the toolbox doesn't seem to have it, and I can't move forward with my hack without it. It would be very appreciated.
ASM isn't downloadable... ASM is a programming language.
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:23 AM
SpadeEdge16

Quote:

That was really a problem for someone? o.O
It works for every Windows OS, if you download the missing part and put it into system32 A-Text will work.

ASM isn't downloadable... ASM is a programming language.
Then how would I go about editing it in my hack?
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:38 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

any link to a door manager tutorial?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
TheConfuZzledDude
Beginning Trainer

Is there anyway to create a level condition for item-evolutions, so they need to be a certain level before they can evolve with an item?

I'm working on a secret hack project. Think Robots.
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:26 AM
passarbye
Just passin' thru

I'm having a small issue with the intro sprite for Prof. Oak (intro speech sprite).
i've found the sprite (342 and 256 color mode in unLZ) but i can't find the right palette for it.
is there anything special i need to do in order to find the correct palette, or am i just doing something wrong?

here's a pic of what it looks like with the default palette for it.

TL;DR is there any way to get the right palette for this?
(btw, i've already tried using the Next Pal and Previous Pal buttons, and all the palettes that load don't look like they are for oak.)
Attached Images
File Type: png introprob.png‎ (32.0 KB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by passarbye; September 6th, 2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Given More Info
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Does anyone know how to fix the part when the hero shrinks down into the over world?
It is supposed to be all white but for some reason mine has black squares in it.
Can someone help?
Old September 6th, 2012, 10:40 PM
surfer treecko
help, how do I...?

Is there a quick and easy way to make items in the overworld? The way I've been doing it is using setflag after you pick up the item, but I'm pretty sure that's not what the game does... (and it sometimes causes things to disappear before I've even picked them up)
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:56 AM
KhaosKnight
The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam16 View Post
Hey, does anyone know how i can edit the professor in the beginning of Pokemon Emerald when he is introducing the game and asking who you are.
Use A-Text, there are 9 strings that make up his entire intro speech. They are located at the following, in order:
0x2C89FB
0x5E8692
0x2C8A1F
0x2c8bD0
0x2C8BDD
0x2C8BFF
0x2C8C1C
0x2CEC2A
0x2C8C7A

Quote:
I'm having a small issue with the intro sprite for Prof. Oak (intro speech sprite).
i've found the sprite (342 and 256 color mode in unLZ) but i can't find the right palette for it.
is there anything special i need to do in order to find the correct palette, or am i just doing something wrong?

here's a pic of what it looks like with the default palette for it.

TL;DR is there any way to get the right palette for this?
(btw, i've already tried using the Next Pal and Previous Pal buttons, and all the palettes that load don't look like they are for oak.)
I don't think the palette that Oak uses in the intro is unLZ compressed, at least Birch in Ruby/Emerald isn't, so I don't think it will be found in unLZ. You can use VBA's palette viewer and APE's search feature to pinpoint the offset where his palette is. Since the image is 256 colors it can be a bit tricky to find, which is why the offset hasn't been posted around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer treecko View Post
Is there a quick and easy way to make items in the overworld? The way I've been doing it is using setflag after you pick up the item, but I'm pretty sure that's not what the game does... (and it sometimes causes things to disappear before I've even picked them up)
The games simply uses the "giveitem" command followed by "end". Place that script in the Pokeball OW sprite on your map and it should work.

Last edited by KhaosKnight; September 7th, 2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 05:38 AM
botnaeasy
Beginning Trainer

Hey, i have some weird trouble with XSE, when i turn on XSE this morning, it after one second turn off. this is first time, when XSE did taht. I using XSE 1.11 I saw that, when i turn on it, it turn off and delate file command.dat (if that file is with XSE in the same catalog). Any resets did any results. Has anyone any idea?
If wrong thread, sorry, and please move it to correct thread.
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:10 AM
passarbye
Just passin' thru

[also posted this in the request thread]
can someone link me to a working download (or the thread) of JPAN's clean Fire Red patch?
(the one that removes all scripts and stuff)

i can't seem to find it anywhere. :\
(already did much searching along with going through most of JPAN's posts)

Last edited by passarbye; September 7th, 2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: thanks for the help KhaosKnight!
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Panda-monium

Bumping this, because it never got a response when I posted it a couple of pages ago, and also because the subsequent thread I made was never approved and posted by a moderator (for reasons still unbeknownst to me).

Quote:
TLDR: I need help modifying the properties of specific moves in HG/SS. Could someone walk me through it, please?

Full: Ok, so I understand that there really isn't a specific attack editor for HG/SS, yet. At least, the one in PPRE isn't finished. Anyway, I heard that it's possible to take a rom of Diamond/Pearl and use Attack Editor DS to modify specific moves in those games, extract the waza.tbl.narc file, and then replace the corresponding a/0/1/1 file in HG/SS with the waza.tbl.narc one. Two issues with this.

First, I've tried using Attack Editor DS with a clean Diamond rom, but nothing ever saves. I even attempted to modify one attack at a time, saving and closing out of the program before moving onto the next attack. No dice.

Second, I've very, very little experience with hex editing programs like Crystal Tile 2. More like clueless, actually. Upon opening the rom file in CT2, I'm never quite sure when to extract/input certain files, or even search for specific things within directories. Like, I've seen posts were people will say to search for pointer/offset (as an example) 0x123456a, but I can't for the life of me find any sort of thing in that format. All the offsets I see are in a 012345678 (no "x") format.

So, hypothetically speaking, say I wanted to modify the attack "Pound" from base 40 power to base 50 in my Soul Silver rom. Could someone walk me through the process of doing that, with the assumption that I have the mental capacity of a 10 year-old?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here