The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
Gigalith- It's was my first shiny and there is a funny story that goes along with it: I was in my algebra 2 class trying to get through victory road when a blue boldore appears. I lean over to my pokemon mentor (remember it was my first pokemon game. I was clueless) and say"Why is this boldore blue?". He starts flipping out saying "what the crap! Let me see!... No way it's a shiny!" I ask him whats a shiny and he explains how there is like a 1/800,000 chance in encountering one. He then proceeds to go around to everyone of his pokemon friends eachone giving oohs and awws while I'm just sitting there clueless to whats happening. Sorry for the long story, but I just never seen anyone flip out for one pokemon before.
Nice story, but why were you playing Pokémon in Algebra class? Your teacher wasn't aware of your DS being shown to other people?

Quote:
Gothitelle- It looks too human and just plain wierd.
I actually noticed that it looked like a beautiful woman wearing a dress. What makes this sad is that mine is male. I had to catch a female Gothita later to breed Miracle Eye into a Gothita Egg.

Quote:
Amoongus- Why does it have the pokeball on its head?
Foongus too. They are meant to look like items in the Route, so they act like fake items. The design was intentional based on the appearance of an item on the Route.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old July 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
atmmachine11
Jumping portals since 1997.

Nature: Quirky
I like a lot of them, but Scraggy and Scrafty caught my eyes almost instantly. Eventually I opened up to some others and I began to love Oshawott, so it is sort of tied between the three.

______________ __________________
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I'm not much of a fan of Gen 5 myself, which I think I've mentioned a few times - so I don't have a lot in the favourites department.

That said, my favourite Unova Pokemon has always been Cofagrigus. There's something awesome about it that I can't quite put my finger on. Plus, the name is really fun to say!

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old August 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

My favorite I would have to say is Jellicent. My least favorite is Golurk, not that it is not powerful, but the design is not to great.

"By force of will!"
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Bourne-mouth
Trainer

Nature: Serious
My favourites are definitely Hydreigon and Volcarona. Good movepool, stats, and design. There quite possibly the only good things to come out from BW.

My least favourite? I think majority of them are. I was never too big on BW.
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Inferna
hello stranger, i'm a disaster

Nature: Quiet
My favourites are definitely Scrafty and Eelektross <3 I love the whole design of Scrafty. Eelektross has an awesome movepool and looks really strange xD
Other mentions go to Archeops, Sawsbuck, Volcarona, Zebstrika, Meinshao and Keldeo.
I don't really like the Klink line, it just looks really boring design wise :u Beartic seems like a bit of a waste, it could've looked so much better I think.
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
I actually hate the constant criticism to 5th gen. It just doesn't make sense to me. Most just kind of seem to judge based of a few Pokemon especially considering that most the Pokemon are actually based off of animals and fantasy creatures while leaving only about 5 based off of objects. Besides, doesn't change the fact that we had Pokemon in 1st gen that was based off a pile of puke, eggs, and what species is voltorb again? Pokeball with eyes? You guys rip on 5th gen for having an icecream cone, well, I'm surprised it took Gamefreak this long to make a Pokemon based off of icecream!!! D:<

Eh, all joking aside. I have too many favorites from Gen 5. Serperior and Excadrill I believe are my personal favorites and my above all favorites. I'm that really strange reptile guy who would probably keep a pet snake if I could and when Seperior made it's appearance, I so had to have it! Moles are just so awesome and I'm so glad they finally got a Mole Pokemon correctly! xD I also like Emoga, all the other starters, Axew, Deerling, Reshiram, the musketeers legendary trio along with Keldeo, Minccinno, and I should probably slow down till I start naming off too many of them. ._.

As far as a least favorite. I think that vote goes towards Basculen or however you spell it. It just kind of feels like it's just kind of there, lazy design, and absolutely no use. Besides, never been a fan of fish Pokemon anyway (Unless it's Milotic.) ._.

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

My favorites will always be my first full team :D

As for my least favorites...ugly ugly designs...
Old September 6th, 2012, 12:55 AM
phonastik
Strange Quark

I love Archeops! First Gen V Pokemon I got to level 100.

And my first starter, of course.

I dislike Watchog and the genies. Watchog because it's really annoying and the genies because they're pretty much copy/paste.

Forever alone since '99.
Old September 6th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonastik View Post

I love Archeops! First Gen V Pokemon I got to level 100.

And my first starter, of course.

I dislike Watchog and the genies. Watchog because it's really annoying and the genies because they're pretty much copy/paste.
Oh wow, that must've been a challenge! In regards to Archeops, that is. I certainly couldn't get something with that ability to such a high level. tbh that kinda put me off liking Archeops, or using it even competitively because yeah it's a bird but it doesn't really have a great design and has a sucky ability. ;(

30k.
Old September 6th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post

Oh wow, that must've been a challenge! In regards to Archeops, that is. I certainly couldn't get something with that ability to such a high level. tbh that kinda put me off liking Archeops, or using it even competitively because yeah it's a bird but it doesn't really have a great design and has a sucky ability. ;(

30k.
The design of a Pokemon's sprite is almost more important to me than how strong they are or what their ability is. If I have a Pokemon that I hate the design of, it kind of ruins the game for me. I have to like the way they look. It took that into consideration when I was picking my first team. All but two of my Pokemon were caught early on in the game, but the next playthrough I do will have a lot of Pokemon from later in the game because now I know which ones I like and where to find them!
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
My favourite pokemon of Gen 5th is Exadrill.
I dislike Mandibuzz.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old September 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Bk_pkmn
Beginning Trainer

My fav pokemon of Generation V is Pansage and the one i hate the most is Stunkfisk
Old September 7th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I'm in love with Leavanny It's just so cute and strong and ungh.

Least favorite is probably like Roggenrolla. Sturdy my ass.
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Drgons90
Togepi

Nature: Modest
Favorites:

Reuniclus - Tough, check. Can 1hit easily, check.
Scrafty - E4 doombringer.

Least Favorites:

Liepard - Crappy stats, just fine at early game then starts to suck later on
Watchog - same as above
Pans and simis - unless you have a lot of evolution stones, these monkeys are not worth the rare stones....

I have my own world XD.
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Bossk749
Unhatched Egg

Hm... I would have to say either Braviary, Chandelure, or Tornadus Theiran forme for my favorite Gen V Pokemon. Although I LOVE Sawsbuck, Ferrothorn Pidove (I have no good reason), Gigalith, and Serperior with so many close ones. I really like Gen V, contrary to what I see (many people I see just loathe this gen). There's many more I love, and I kept adding, but I think there's tons of great new designs.

I don't think I really hate much from this gen, to be honest. Alomolomola (sp?) is a pointless and easily forgotten Pokemon. I wish they kept it as the rumored Luvdisc evolution. Damirtan or however you spell it just seems... off to me. Like it's Infernape and Heatran put together. Semipour creeps me out a bit, too. This legendary trio is my least favorite so far, and Klang is unappealing to me. I like Kling, and Kling Klang, just not Klang.

I hate Sunfisk because it's purposely meant to look stupid and it's my only Gen V shiny. I never minded it until one day I was EV training and encountered a shiny one. Like really, out of all the shiny Pokemon I could get, I get the one that is purposely designed to look like an idiot. xD
Old September 8th, 2012, 07:44 AM
jayjay9
Unhatched Egg

Why has unova got such good POKEMON!
i don't like conkeldurr and beartic
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:14 AM
EptyK
Beginning Trainer

I like hydreigon and haxorus and I dislike Emboar and cubchoo. Frikking Endure my ass.
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Some of my favourites include Haxorus, Eelectross, Samurott, Scrafty, Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Krookodile and the likes. My least favourite would have to be, well quite a few actually, but a stand out is Watchog, really bad design imo.
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
GardevoirxGalladeForever
Unhatched Egg

I have a select few that I like in Gen5, but I curse Mr. Pixel for some of the trashy pokemons. My favorite would have to be either Maractus or Leavanny. I don't know why, but I love that funny Cactus Pokemon, I mean, a dancing cactus that sounds like maracas. I love the idea. And as for Leavanny, it's elegantly kick-ass with its type combo and can learn moves like poison jab despite being a bug-grass combo. And did I mention it's very elegant? It just looks awesome.
Least favorite= the legendaries. they're getting very overrated, but I HATE Audino. I know, it's so freakin' cute, but it can be annoying.
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:25 AM
.TheDon.

My fav pokemon is liepard, no doubt about that (i know he's not such a powerful pokemon but i like the design and i used it a lot in the main). Less favourite probabily scrafty and female jellicent (it's awfull, the male one is way better)
Old September 29th, 2012, 04:32 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Favourite would be either Keldeo or Dewott, not sure why, just love their designs.

Least favourite... I loathe Patrat and Watchog (which I only just realised isn't called Watchdog haha!), they're just annoying. They're probably my least favourites.

Old September 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
Oh lord, there are so many stupid looking Pokemon in the 5th generation, makes me mad for some reason xD
Anyways, I can't remember many from the top of my head, but I don't like the Timberr evolutions, they basically get bigger and carry bigger logs. Reminds me of the Machop evolution but in a bad way. Stunfisk looks pathetic too, it makes Magikarp look awesome(Magikarp IS awesome in my opinion).

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Joltik is the cutest thing I've ever seen. I don't care if it's no good in competitive play. Even its Japanese name sounds silly.

As for least favorite...well, there are several. Don't really feel like listing them all out. Fifth gen in general pissed me off a little.
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
My favorite is Litwick. Cutest little candle and it's cute little animation just completes it. Adorable little thing. ♥

As for least favorite ... I'll go with Palpitoad. I actually grew a bit fond of Generation Five's Pokemon. At least quicker than I did with Generation Four's. But Palpitoad design is just ... I would much rather go with Politoed okay thanks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links