The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old August 13th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Nimphious
Beginning Trainer

Gave this a quick play through and thouroughly enjoyed it. Great work.
Old August 15th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by casacaos View Post
i think its great!! continue and dont give up!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESHIRAM123 View Post
good graphics but filesize is too large
Yeah, mainly because of the graphics the game is pretty big in terms of filesize. If you want to, I can release special versions of the game with static sprites instead of animated sprites. This would reduce the size significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimphious View Post
Gave this a quick play through and thouroughly enjoyed it. Great work.
Thank you very much!

---

I want to release a new version of Pokémon Deep Balance at the end of this month and this release will feature various new things. First, it will be based on Essentials v9 which is a great release in my opinion. The new release will also feature animated sprites, a new Pokedex, and most importantly: a different storyline. A big part of the plot will be unchanged, but a few major things are edited. If you've got any more ideas for the game, feel free to leave a comment.

Here is a link to the updated Pokedex. I don't want to embed it on this page because it would make loading the page take more time as it's a pretty big image. You can view the updated Pokedex here.
Old August 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Can someone help me? I can't install because it says i have less than 1024 physical memory. someone help me?
Old August 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

@ pokemoner2500, I've taken a look at the specifications of the system you are trying to run the game on and I'm afraid you're 512 MB RAM short of being able to properly run the game. If you upgrade your PC right it will probably solve your problem, but I'm not sure if spending money so you're able to play this game is really worth it.

Also, tomorrow is "Major announcements-day" on my DeviantArt (here) so you might want to check it out for many updates on PDB. I've got a whole lot to tell all of you, mainly revisions from the project as you know it now.
Old August 20th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Well, Major Update Day has finished, so here are the updates:

REGION UPDATE
-The region where the story of classic Pokémon fangame Pokémon Deep Balance is set in is called "Lurna Region". This region features a big island and various smaller island around it. One of the smaller islands features a volcano while another is covered in snow.

VS RAIKOU, ENTEI AND SUICUNE UPDATE

-Raikou, Entei and Suicune are confirmed to appear in the game. What role they will serve will either be revealed later, or you'll discover it yourself in-game. There are 3 unknown Pokémon left. Link to the updated Pokedex: http://p-sign.deviantart.com/#/d5bavq5

TEAM UPDATE
- I am very pleased to announce that I have finally recruited a spriter in the team, and a great one to say the least. (Check out his account )will sprite the Trainer sprites of notable characters as the heroes, the local professor, Gym Leaders and more. Most normal trainers will keep their current sprite and no Pokémon will receive custom sprites. The characters will be drawn by and she will start soon. I hope the first designs are done by the end of the month.

BETA 4 UPDATE
-The first screenshots of Pokémon Deep Balance Beta 4 are uploaded. Check them out:

And the map of Grelow Town:
Spoiler:

Old August 20th, 2012, 10:42 PM
FireAsh

nice but update screenies most don't show
Old August 24th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

More screenshots of Beta 4.

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:14 AM
umbreontheultimate
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
Looks good from what I can see. Can't wait for Beta 4 now haha! How far into the game will beta 4 go?
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:36 PM
P0kemonMast
Unhatched Egg

Looks very nice cant wait to try it out
Old August 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM
uZzY94
Beginning Trainer

So in order to get this Beta I must download 400+ MB from 4shared which give you a maximum of 20 KB/s which means I must download about 7 hours???????????

Why not upload at mediafire? :/
Old August 28th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreontheultimate View Post
Looks good from what I can see. Can't wait for Beta 4 now haha! How far into the game will beta 4 go?
You'll be able to play until the third gym, once you got the third badge, there's nothing left today. You can of course catch all remaining Pokémon and train them, but I won't recommend the latter because you'll easily take away the challenge of beta 5+ ;)
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kemonMast View Post
Looks very nice cant wait to try it out :)
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uZzY94 View Post
So in order to get this Beta I must download 400+ MB from 4shared which give you a maximum of 20 KB/s which means I must download about 7 hours???????????

Why not upload at mediafire? :/
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, Mediafire has an upload limit of 200 MB so I can't upload it there. I've found an other host though, so beta 4 will be uploaded there. I will also make seperate versions, one with animated sprites and the other without. Sorry!

Last edited by Pharetra; August 28th, 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old August 29th, 2012, 07:30 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

I wait until the full game is out as I like to only download one file

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old August 31st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Spoiler:

One Pokémon left to reveal! It will be revealed on September 16th, just like the new storyline.
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:08 AM
khkramer

I suggest that you use a different encryption other than the default built-in one. (To prevent people like 14sz from stealing your game)

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old September 7th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14sz View Post
Looking good.Cant wait to decrypt this heh heh. im not joking. I will have my revenge P-Sign

The work is done. You want proof or what?
You must be very proud of yourself. I mean, even the most experienced hackers can't decrypt archives encrypted with RMXP's built-in encryptor. It's not like there are tools to do the dirty work for you either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khkramer View Post
I suggest that you use a different encryption other than the default built-in one. (To prevent people like 14sz from stealing your game)
Figured that much ;)
Old September 8th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

I wanted to chat with the community for a while now, and this is possible on the new site of Pokémon Deep Balance, www.pokemondeepbalance.tk . On 9/9/2012, you'll be able to chat with me from 12.00 GMT+2 to 16.00 GMT+2. If you can't find the chatbox, check out the bottom-right corner. Have you got any questions regarding the game? Need some help developing a Pokémon game of your own? Be sure to post your questions, I will try to answer them all!

The new website will contain screenshots, artwork, video’s, Let’s Plays, in-depth information on the storyline, detailed biographies of the main characters, guides to help you on your journey, nearly everything! The site is, just like the game itself, not complete yet, so some information is missing right now.

See you tomorrow!
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

I'm starting to think of releasing the game without animated sprites but with static sprites. The pros are that it takes less time to upload and download it. What do you think? Should I release it without animated sprites?

Also, two days left 'till September 16th. Excited? I sure am xD
Old September 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
umbreontheultimate
Unhatched Egg

I think the best course of action would to upload both.
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

As promised, updates!

I have decided to change the name of Deep Balance to Pokémon Nova Luna. This fits better with the new storyline I have in mind and sounds better too!

This little screenshot shows the local Professor, Professor Ringo. It is the first real custom sprite in the game. Thanks to the awesome Kid1513 for spriting it and to Ollyheid for designing the character!

The opening post got updated as well. Including a whopping 12 new screenshots!
Spoiler:

The Lurna Region: A place full of adventure and happy people. Life's good: There is much welfare, pollution is nearly gone, the communities in villages are happy. The crime rate has dropped to a new low and is expected to drop even more. Trees and flowers are planted more and more, very few people are poor and not too many people are very rich.
All of this happiness is expressed in the form of Pokémon battles. Inhabitants of this very region love to either compete in battle or to watch it. Young people love it, but older people do as well. Tournaments are being held often, some official, some not, and the most prominent one is the Pokémon League. It is being held when 512 people in the region have qualified for the tournament by obtaining eight badges. Badges can be obtained by defeating the leaders of so called "Pokémon Gyms", scattered across the region. If you obtain your eight badge too late and 512 people did before you, you can't participate in the tournament.
Most recently, the dad of our hero became Champion. He won the final battle on Hawk’s Peak, a mountain peak famous for its enduring history of the greatest Trainers ever battling on it, after a long, harsh knockout-tournament. His Battle Style, Pokémon and strategy were superior to his opponent's.
This year, he would defend his title. The runner-up from last year's tournament made it to the final battle again. This time though, it is different...
Over the course of time, everything changes. The last few years, several evil organizations were on the rise. First Team Rocket, followed by Team Aqua and Team Magma, then Team Galactic and ultimately Team Plasma. Every team was defeated by a different young hero, who all became a legend. This time is no different. We need a new hero. We need…you. For it is the shadow that consumes us all…

Featuring:

• 200 Pokémon of all generations, nearly all of them being fan-favourites!
  • A whole new world for you to explore, with hidden stuff everywhere!
  • More storyline-centered.
  • Not one rival, not two, but three!
  • This game is more difficult than the official games.

Screenshots

Visit my DeviantArt account for more: http://p-sign.deviantart.com/

Development Team
P-Sign - Graphics, Mapping, Eventing, Storyline, practically everything.
Ollyheid - Character Design
Kid1513 - Spriting

Downloads
None yet.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How can I enter a house?
A: Press [C] in front of a door.
Q: When will the next version be released?
A: You will hear that soon enough.
Q: I get an error everytime the game starts...
A: Google the error before posting it. More than often the error has nothing to do with the game, but with the computer you're using.
Q: Can I do a Let's Play of your game?
A: Sure! I absolutely love Let's Plays so go ahead. I'd love it if you'd send me the link!

Credits

Tiles:
BoOmX-BiG
Ultimospriter
Peeky-Chew
DarkDragonn
Tyranitardark

Sprites:
Veekun
Clowcardruler
Major Pokémon Black and White Ripping Project

Audio:
Enterbrain

Scripts:
Poccil
FlameGuru
Maruno
Help-14
zinzags

Others:
Niknaks

Special thanks

Stormcross Studios
All my watchers on DeviantArt
CrazyNinjaGuy
Demise-Hawk
Venom12
Maruno
GAOlivier
~JV~

Well, that's it for now. I am going to send the game to my Beta Tester who will also fix all grammar and spelling issues. Afterwards I'll send it to a few people who wanted to do a Let's Play of it and then the community will be able to play!
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:50 AM
umbreontheultimate
Unhatched Egg

Oh I just saw this on dA. Once again, great job! :D
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbreontheultimate View Post
Oh I just saw this on dA. Once again, great job! :D
Thanks!

Also, the worldmap of the Lurna Region is done:

Thanks to Niknaks :3
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:13 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Just a heads-up on release 1 of Nova Luna: I'm going to delay it. Reason is that not all sprites have been done yet and putting a lot of pressure on my spriter isn't exactly a good idea in my opinion. Also, there are probably quite a few errors left; thanks to Cng a good amount of them have been removed and as far as I know the first part of the game up to the first gym doesn't contain any bugs or errors.
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Pharetra
MOM GET THE CAMERA

Opening post has been updated once more and now includes a more recent version of the storyline:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Sign View Post

“Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.”

The Beginning
The Lurna Region: A region full of exotic monsters known as Pokémon. Humankind plays with them, battles with them against others and helps each other. There was always a balance between Pokémon and the humans. Pokémon were a major part of everyday live. Tournaments were held for the best “Pokémon Trainers”. There were no problems in the world, aside from evil organizations and bad willing people wanting to use Pokémon to accomplish their goals. The world has been terrorized by the Pokémon-stealing gang Team Rocket, the continents have almost been changed by Team Magma and Team Aqua, a whole new world would have been created if Team Galactic had achieved their goals, an evil man would have dictated the world if his plan had succeeded… All these people have been stopped. Stopped, by a young, talented boy or girl with a passion for Pokémon. Now is the time for such a person to rise. Again.

The Adventure
Our hero is a teenager living in the calm Neta Village. Our protagonist isn’t the ordinary teenager though: His dad, a generous man admired by many, is one of the best Pokémon Trainers in the region. He has developed a strong bond with his Pokémon and made his way to the finals of the Pokémon League in the year 2017. He managed to win the tournament, not because of the raw power his Pokémon had, but because of their bond, stronger than diamond. He was The Champion for about a year. In 2018 he had to defend his title in the final of the Pokémon League. To everyone’s surprise, businessman Duncan made it to the final battle. Duncan was known to be a decent Pokémon trainer, but good enough to come this far? The region was excited to see our hero’s dad and Duncan go to the peak of Mount Vibal, Hawk’s Peak, a legendary peak in the Vibal Mountain Range where Pokémon battles have been held for over a decade. Many Trainers became a legend on this peak.
This time, however, is different. Not in the way the battle went, it was very close. Duncan was holding its own against our hero’s dad. No, it was different in the way it ended…
The Lurna Region has changed. All you see is peace, but that is a mere shadow from the truth. Fear, crime, danger: It’s everywhere. Yet you do not see it. No one sees it.
Our hero emerges from the shadows of his or her father when he and Duncan disappear. Travelling through the whole Lurna Region, our protagonist embarks on a journey. Bigger than he or she would have imagined.
On his adventure, our hero has to find out what in the world happened to his dad and his challenger. Defeat gyms, unravel mysteries and rescue your father. But watch out, as no one knows what awaits in the shadows…
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:11 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
looked it over and -gasp- NO ABSOL!? will thre be a national dex after you finish? i dont like being restricted
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Pokemonmaster_draco
One Of The Best

Nature: Modest
P-sign, I must congratulate you. This game rocks

Spoiler:
A Scattered Dream That's Like A Far Off Memory......!
A Far Off Memory That's Like A Scattered Dream....!
I Want To Line The Pieces Up.....!

Yours And Mine

Current RP I'm:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links