The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

View Poll Results: Which Electric Pokemon Did You Use?
Luxray 53 65.43%
Raichu 3 3.70%
Electivire 11 13.58%
Other (Please list) 14 17.28%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:07 PM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
If I use an electric type in Diamond it's usually the Shinx line or occasionally something I trade over.

I don't usually use electric types in SS tbh.
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Bofahad
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
I used Luxary, I named him Bolt. If i could find a Jolteon i would pick him! he learns Shadow Ball and that is awesome, right?

White 2:

Old September 7th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Pokemon_Trainer_Nick
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I used a Shinx! It was my second pokemon and I used it until I beat the game...
I love my Shinx...
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joe10
Beginning Trainer

I would prever Luxray than the others but overall I like Rotom
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
Magnezone is so awesome. Ever since it was introduced, I've tried to have one in every team since. I had one in Platinum and another one in SoulSilver. I never had any affection for the Magnemite line until Magnezone... mainly due to its insane Special Attack, but it also looks so much sleeker and cooler than its predecessors as well. It's one of my favourite Pokemon because of how good it is in-game.
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Umbr30n
Laggity Laggity Flash Crash!

I'd use Jolteon because it is fast, strong and cool at the same time. Also it has an awesome move-set. I'd have to say there can't be a better Electric-Type than Jolteon. But yeah, that's just my opinion.

Old September 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
xxReshiramxx

Nature: Gentle
For my D/P run I used Luxray as my choice of Electric Pokemon.
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
mysteryme
Togepi

Right now in Pearl I'm using Pikachu. It's a shame that you can find it so late in game.
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:33 PM
LinooneFriend
Pokefriend

Nature: Gentle
I don't usually use electric types because my first Pokemon was Piplup. I don't end up liking things when they beat up Pips. However, There was a problem and I had to restart my platinum game and I ended up using a Luxray on my team. I've also used an Ampharos and a Raichu in HeartGold. I also taught my linoone thundershock. Linoonachu!
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

Pachirisu. It's too cute and its stats/moves are decent enough to be used in battle. To me, atleast; I found Charm+Super Fang+Grass Knot+Thunder(while holding Wide Lens) to be very effective.

Edit: I forgot to mention my Ampharos in SoulSilver. It's also cute and decent for battle. Cotton Spore+Light Screen+Signal Beam+Discharge has gotten me through the game so far(and even helped me with Red so mine's staying).

Real gamers play for fun.

Last edited by Pokemon_Geek; September 19th, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I used Luxray as it was available very early in the game, and it proved to be a powerhouse. That's pretty much it. In SS however, I used my Ampharos. I called it Doctor because I saw an anime episode where they made medicine from Ampharos' electricity. I can't remember which series it was in...

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old September 19th, 2012, 12:57 AM
BiGoDeViN28
Psalm 141:3

Nature: Adamant
In DPPt, I always went with Shinx. The Shinx line is nice to have throughout the game and the design is overall cool, too. Plus, Shinx is available early on and that's always been a plus for me.

As for HGSS, I didn't go with any electric type. You have to jump through extra hoops or wait until Safari Zone to get a decent one. Ampharos was okay, but just not my style. I just went without Electric types.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"

White - Devin - 5458-6886-1446
Heart Gold - Gold - 3998-4088-8997
Old September 19th, 2012, 01:15 AM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Nature: Modest
I used Shinx>>>Luxray in both Diamond and Platinum when I started my journey.IMO, this Pokèmon good at speed, physical and SP attack. But I realize Electric type doesn't seems good for E4 and Cynthia. So, I left him at Stores....

Last edited by Rambagos; September 19th, 2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Luxray all the way. I used it during my first run through Sinnoh ever. It's a good Pokemon and its Intimidate helps in battle. I don't believe I used Raichu/Ampharos in the 4th generation, but I have used them in the past.
Old September 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I used the same Luxray for Diamond and Soulsilver, after I beat diamond, I traded over Tira, my Luxray. She's still often used on my Soulsilver game.
Old September 20th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Pachirisu! It's Sweet Kiss & Super Fang combination along with Discharge to support it makes it a very formidable Pokémon to the extent that it can even take down Cynthia's Garchomp if you lower it's Attack with Attract :3 Grass Knot is also very useful for it but it's hard to choose a move to replace haha. But yeah, Pachirisu is the best <3
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:56 PM
aquavi
scintillating starmie

I always use Ampharos, it's one of my favorites! I just like the way its little tail bobbles up and down when it walks with me.

D/P I don't think I used an electric type, they really aren't my favorites haha
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:10 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Luxray in D/P/Pt because Shinx is SO CUTE and Luxray is so awesome, one of the coolest Pokemon around. In HG/SS I used an Ampharos, I really like this Pokemon too! Mareep is very cute, and so is Flaffy. All in all, Electric Types are pretty cool!
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:36 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
In one playthrough, I actually used a Pachirisu. It was pretty good, and once it got to the 50s it was definitely able to hold its own, but it felt like a bit of a waste of time since it had no evolved form. Normally when I train a Pikachu I always EVENTUALLY evolve it. This was pretty much the same, except I didn't have the option to evolve, so after the league it was like "..okay, buh-bye".

In my most recent playthrough of Platinum, I trained an Electabuzz/Electivire (had to trade with myself over Wifi with one DS to do so). I LOVE Electivire, it learns great moves (by level up and/or TM) and generally does great in battle.

In HeartGold (well, in Johto games) I generally use Ampharos, though most recently I used a Raichu/Pikachu that I traded in so I could play through the Johto Gyms with it. I also traded in a Thunderstone, though I didn't use it until around Claire, I believe. Raichu did pretty well. With Iron Tail and Thunderbolt he generally packs a decent punch.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old September 21st, 2012, 03:38 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

I never got to play much D/P/Pt at all, so the only Electric type I got to use was Luxray. Can't say that was a bad thing though, as I've always liked Luxray. The way that its design goes from cute to badass while still having a great design is something I've always liked about the Shinx line, and Luxray isn't too shabby in battle. I'd really like to try out an Electivire some time though, as I've heard it's a pretty good Pokemon, which I'm inclined to believe, as Electabuzz has certainly been a great Pokemon to use :D
Old September 21st, 2012, 04:48 AM
vlay
Picnicker

Nature: Timid
I used Luxray in Pearl and Platinum. Luxray is good for attacker and with Intimidate his Defense is safe. One that I don't like, the speed is average :<
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here