The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Advertise here
I would like for other people from here to participate in this discussion, and perhaps help do a study on what happens.

Whenever I typically take a Pokémon to train, I have no problem with encountering Audinos. I might encounter the odd Emolga (starting at Route 5) or other Pokémon (like Cinccino at Route 5), but it seems whenever I put an Electric Pokémon at the head of the party, I find more Emolgas than anything else. Has anyone else had this finding? Does an Electric Pokémon merely have to be in the party and this becomes the case? Does it only have to lead? And why does it muck up the appearance rates for Audino, which are rich in experience, in such a drastic way?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 8th, 2012, 11:41 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Here is your answer:
Outside of battle

From Pokémon Emerald onward, having a Pokémon with this Ability at the front of the player's party also increases the chances of finding Electric-type Pokémon in the area by 50%. (so if you're leading with a stunfisk or emolga that has static, you're more likely to find electric types)
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Blues-Music
Pokemon researcher

Nature: Calm
Not sure.I wouldn't mind seeing an emolga in the grass though.I see audino way too much.Maybe its a coincidence?I'm going to try it.
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolurkIsDaBomb View Post
Here is your answer:
Outside of battle

From Pokémon Emerald onward, having a Pokémon with this Ability at the front of the player's party also increases the chances of finding Electric-type Pokémon in the area by 50%. (so if you're leading with a stunfisk or emolga that has static, you're more likely to find electric types)
Oh, so it's something to do with the "Static" type itself. Very interesting. Also very annoying since I'm looking for Audinos! LMAO

I did manage to find a few, and I've leveled a traded Raichu up to Lv.56. My breeding of Pichu has begun. :D I'll probably do some leveling up in the ocean now since Electric are strong against water types.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 8th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Forever
let it go

Since it's answered, locking since there's not much else to discuss :3

Sponsored Links

Advertise here