The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Ralts Love
#1 Ralts Fan

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ralts Love
I myself have only captured 1 Suicune on my Leaf Green game. They are hard to find as you must all know considering these hounds run around everywhere and finding one is random and takes some skill/luck. I remember finding it at 6 in the morning and freaking out, I was at my friends house at that time and we were both just laying around each playing our Pokemon games and I started yelling "oh my god! oh my god! dude! dudeeee!!!!!". Haha, good times. :p

So what's your story, and even if you haven't caught one, what's your story about how you almost caught one and got angry because it fled.
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I have honestly never encountered them. I know they exist and when you can start looking for them but after playing the game multiple times, I have yet to find one of them. But I guess that's how it works, if I don't like Fr/Lg then it doesn't like me.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:55 PM
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

I found a Suicune easily on the route near Celadon city I used Repels and I walked like 20-30 steps in the grass and if I found nothing I would enter the gate that lead to Saffron City and I would exit that gate and I would walk 20-30 steps in the grass again. Kept doing that over and it took me like 5 minutes to find it. Then I threw Master Ball at it and boxed it.
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:56 PM
LLovro

I didn't find any legendary dogs :D
Gonna find one after I beat e4
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
Nope, haven't found any of the beasts yet. I haven't even got up to the E4, so that explains of all it .
. :p
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
Never found one on leafgreen. I got all 3 on pokemon colosseum though, so I'm alright =)

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I did find Raikou on Firered on the route leading to Vermillion City to Saffron City.
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I captured Suicune on my FireRed version the first time I played through, but didn't catch any of them again each time I restarted it.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old September 10th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
In Leaf Green I caught Raikou, and it was what I ended up using my Master Ball on as it is the only roving legendary in the game. I've done this in every playthrough of Leaf Green except my most recent, since I have yet to come across it yet. But the Master Ball is ready

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
It infuriates me (even though I shouldn't care) when people refer to them as dogs, they're way closer to big cats PLEASE stop callin' them dogs :I

I've captured all 3 of them in SoulSilver at one point, all of them in Colosseum, and that's it. Tough to get, it usually takes me forever to catch them because I don't feel like trekking around the region just to get them.
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
The Veteran

Nature: Quiet
In Leaf Green I caught Raikou and in Fire Red I caught Suicune in my first run and Entei in my second.

I prefer to call them the gerbil trio though.

Let the game begin.
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Koiko
Swagger

Nature: Bold
I bought a version in gamestop used with all legendaries practically including Mew and Mewtwo
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
The first time I played Fire Red, I didn't actually know that the legendary dogs were in the game. I was going to use my Master Ball on Mewtwo. Just as I was going through Route 24 to get to Cerulean Cave, I find Suicune and remember being really surprised, haha. XD I just threw my Master Ball at it and caught Mewtwo in a Ultra Ball instead. :3

Pokémon Aureolin

Old September 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
In Crystal I caught a Suicune but never caught the other. But Silver was a different story. I actually caught every one of them in it. Never caught them in FR/LG but caught Intei so far in SS. Everytime I encounter Raikou I don't have my Gengar with Mean Look. I have 2 Gengars btw. 1 for catching them and another one to battle with.
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I did find Raikou on my playthrough of Fire Red the first time, and then I found Entei on my most recent game. I think that the Pokemon that appears depends on your starter or something, but I can't remember which starter I chose in either run (since I never really used them), so I don't know which Legendary Beast they each trigger.
Old September 15th, 2012, 02:18 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I never went hunting for the legendary beat in my games, I pretty much just used the one from Colosseum to get data, and then use that to catch it.
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I think that the Pokemon that appears depends on your starter or something, but I can't remember which starter I chose in either run (since I never really used them), so I don't know which Legendary Beast they each trigger.
I think the Legendary Beast you get is the one that's strong against your starter. So Bulbasaur->Entei, Charmander->Suicune, and Squirtle->Raikou

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
I caught a Suicune, used Wobbuffet to stop it from escaping and spammed UltraBalls.
After resetting, I saved my Master Ball for Suicune and caught it with Master Ball the moment I found it.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old September 23rd, 2012, 03:15 AM
cantooth69
Unhatched Egg

you just need a wobbuffet with a level lower than the three.. check your map for their current location. Use repel then walk into the grass until the legendary pokemon shows up.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:33 AM
XtinaIsMeLuvinWWE

Nature: Quirky
I tried desperately to get Suicune on Leaf Green but got way too impatient because it was taking forever lol - I might try to capture it again sometime
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:33 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Well I haven't played through LeafGreen in quite some time, though I remember catching Suicune in it in one file. I remember how shocked I was the first time I encountered him- at that stage, I didn't use the internet and so I had no idea that you could catch a Legendary Beast. I also had no idea that only ONE of them appeared (the one that was strong against your starter), so I was kinda expecting to find the other two, but of course that didn't happen.

It was funny when I did encounter him, though- I was just about to venture into Cerulean Cave, and SOMETHING brought me to the route just to the left of Cerulean City for whatever reason, and.. Suicune appeared. I just used a Master Ball right away, since.. I wasn't in the mood to chase him, and was prepared to catch Mewtwo with an Ultra Ball anyway. :)

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:25 AM
LLovro

well I catched suicune like 2-3 weeks ago and I was SOOOOOOOOOO ****ing dumb
I was like running in grass with repels for like 1 hour but then I realized that in fron of my party there was a mewtwo which was level 70 and you're pokemon at the fron hast to be level 50 or lower and then I was like ;OSKGHBNSKJ KDSDB GKSNV V NGFBHGCBLbNG
and then I got it in like 5 wasted repels when I put my victrebell in fron (which was level 47)
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
squirrelfeet
Red Leader

i never encountered them in GenIII. I could never find them for some reason...After catching all 3 in Silver then Crystal, I intentionally defeated Suicune, Entei and Raikou in SS and got the Shiny event ones instead. I did like how Entei turned the water red if you fought him while surfing.

Last edited by squirrelfeet; September 25th, 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Other Games.
Old September 25th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I don't really use them once I catch them so I don't really make that much of an effort to find them. If they come, alright, I'll chuck some sort of ball at it but I won't go chasing it.

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old September 26th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

I never got one in FRLG. I don't like them enough to even get to the point where I can, haha. I know I've run into my respective dog before, but never got it. Also, please keep this a FRLG topic, not GSC/HGSS! :)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links