• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I don't think base set is 1000$. It says in my book that it's 120$.

Well... your book is 4 years old. And I saw several first edition shadowless base sets go for over $1500 in the past few months on the completed listings for them on eBay. The most recent one as of yesterday went for $2,099(!). 4 years is a long time in something as volatile as collectible card prices. I do appreciate the help, though. I didn't get any good at pricing until these last 2 years, myself.

Also these cards:
images

and this one:

images

All mint

Bigger pictures of that first one, please. I can only tell what versions the 2 Mew cards are. I can tell the set of Gyarados and Blastoise, but I can't tell if they're the shadowless versions or not.

For the ones I can see:

Mew (promo): $1 to $2.

Ancient Mew: $2 to $3.

Mewtwo (star): $30 to $35.

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
Alright I have a misprint (I think) that I am just trying to find something out about it.
If you guys can help me price this I would appreciate it!

Years
Alright I have a misprint (I think) that I am just trying to find something out about it.
If you guys can help me price this I would appreciate it!

Can't see your image, since it's an attachment from one of your own emails, which only you can see. Try uploading it as an attachment to your next post in this thread. To do this, go to full reply mode (accessed by clicking the Preview Post button in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page), and then scroll down to the Additional Options box, which is right below the Reply to Thread box. There, you will see a Manage Attachments button. Click that, then Click one of the Choose buttons in the window that pops up, this will open up a window of the files on your computer. Find the picture of the card in your computer's files and then double click on it. That will close that window. Then click Upload on the Manage Attachments window. Then close that window, and don't forget to put 4 relevant words in the Reply to Thread box. If this seems over the top, I'm actually going to be using this post in the future when telling people how to upload attachments in this thread.

An example of how it should appear is the 2 attachments I uploaded to this post while reminding myself how this works. 2 amusing cat gifs for your viewing pleasure!

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
My Misprint Try Number Two!

Alright this one should have worked? Thanks for the help =)

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
Haha well as depressing as that is I appreciate it =) Could I get a quick run down of full set prices, Base, Jungle, Fossil, Rocket, Base 2 and the trainer sets. As a collector I just like having full sets now I'm curious what they are worth. Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2012
General... Not 1st edition not shadowless just normal cards within the sets

Years
Alright, so it's the unlimited print runs you want. And you don't want the Base Set Unlimited Shadowless print run.

Base Set Unlimited - Seems like $105 to $110 is what people are generally buying it for.

Jungle Unlimited - $65 to $70.

Fossil Unlimited - $70 to $75.

Team Rocket Unlimited - $75 to $80.

Base Set 2 - $140 to $150.

Also, what do you mean by the trainer sets? You referring to the Gym Challenge and Gym Heroes sets?

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
Hi, I was just wondering if I could post some photos of some of my old cards instead of listing to see if anyone notices anything of worth. I would be taking photos of folder pages though so about 16 cards a page...?

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
MY uncle started my collection for me from the beginning of Pokemon, so im not sure what i have thats worth of value but i'm doing my best to only bother you with the ones im sure are at least something

I have a TV Animation car of Wigglytuff, but the picture on the opposing side is Wartortle, hoe much do you think this is worth? I haven't spotted any other mistakes like it myself. Also a poliwag, with a dritini on the back, and a wnonat with a dragonair on the back, I have the entire deck of the TV animated cards, but so many of them have a pokemon on the back of the card that is wrong? Is that normal? I've had

Holographic MewTwo?

Mew Promo?

1st edition Dragonite?

1st edition Aerodactyl?

2nd edition Clefairy?

2nd edition Tangela with seriously distorted printing, everything is clear enough to read but its an overlay that was one in the factory?

Girafarig, it has double white stars with black outline.

I have a Gyrados with a red background, and it evolved from ponyta, its holographic, and it has the stats of rapidash.

Holographic Meowth spelled "Meowrh", has all the stats of snorlax?

And my most important question is:
I have over 40 rare cards from the first edition to the holographic, Who do i get ahold of to sell these?!?!?

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
MY uncle started my collection for me from the beginning of Pokemon, so im not sure what i have thats worth of value but i'm doing my best to only bother you with the ones im sure are at least something

I have a TV Animation car of Wigglytuff, but the picture on the opposing side is Wartortle, hoe much do you think this is worth? I haven't spotted any other mistakes like it myself. Also a poliwag, with a dritini on the back, and a wnonat with a dragonair on the back, I have the entire deck of the TV animated cards, but so many of them have a pokemon on the back of the card that is wrong? Is that normal? I've had

Holographic MewTwo?

Mew Promo?

1st edition Dragonite?

1st edition Aerodactyl?

2nd edition Clefairy?

2nd edition Tangela with seriously distorted printing, everything is clear enough to read but its an overlay that was one in the factory?

I have a Gyrados with a red background, and it evolved from ponyta, its holographic, and it has the stats of rapidash.

Holographic Meowth spelled "Meowrh", has all the stats of a snorlax

I have over 40 rare cards from the first edition to the holographic, Who do i get ahold of to sell these?!?!?

Alright, first if you want me to Check those cards, you'll have to give me the card number which Is located in the bottom right corner of the card

And about the selling you mentioned... Most shops aren't looking into Pokemon cards anymore, so your chances of finding a shop to buy pokemon cards off you is rare.

droomph

weeb
Years
Hi, I was just wondering if I could post some photos of some of my old cards instead of listing to see if anyone notices anything of worth. I would be taking photos of folder pages though so about 16 cards a page...?
You sure can! If you could edit it so that it could be 4 cards per post, it'd be awesome! Though just post them page by page if you want.

Oh, and we don't price common (ones with a
Rarity_Common.png
mark) or uncommon (
Rarity_Uncommon.png
) cards so, please weed those cards out if you have the time! That would be extremely appreciated.

You can try eBay (or any selling websites), but any real-life sales are somewhat limited nowadays (ie not many TCG shops take them anymore). And oh! Be sure to check if they're fake! The cards you described sound like they are, though I want you to make sure first. Check out our fake card identification tutorial if you're having a hard time checking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2013
You sure can! If you could edit it so that it could be 4 cards per post, it'd be awesome! Though just post them page by page if you want.

That's cool but I have to make 15 posts before I can post links so need to find some threads that I actually care about lol

Quite a few cards here so just tell me if you spot anything of worth.

screenshot20120915at173.png

screenshot20120915at172.png

Last edited:
Years

Holographic MewTwo?

Mew Promo?

1st edition Dragonite?

1st edition Aerodactyl?

2nd edition Clefairy?

Holographic Meowth spelled "Meowrh", has all the stats of snorlax?

What series of TV cards is it? If my memory serves, there were a couple, but there were also a lot of fake ones floating around.

As for Mewtwo and Mew, I need more details than just the names. They both have had a lot of cards that fit the vague descriptions of "Holographic Mewtwo" and "Promo Mew".

I'll also need more info on that Dragonite, since there are a couple versions of that card, too. Same goes for Aerodactyl.

That Clefairy is actually from Base Set 2, and is not technically a second edition card. But it still catches $2 to $4, usually.

That Tangela is worth less than $0.10. A misprint like the one you described won't make it anymore valuable.

That Girafarig is from Neo Genesis, but it's worth about the same as Tangela, which means it's around $0.10.

Gyarados and Meowth both sound like fakes.

As for selling your cards, first make sure they aren't fake, then go to eBay and post them up. Really your best option. That or finding out how to sell cards to TrollandToad.com.

That's cool but I have to make 15 posts before I can post links so need to find some threads that I actually care about lol

You can actually upload them as attachments. See this post here for details on how to upload attachments: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7336303&postcount=204

But, please, only one page at a time. Pricing is a time-consuming task, even with multiple people trying it.

Years

Quite a few cards here so just tell me if you spot anything of worth.

Spoiler:

It's probably just easier to tell you what isn't really worth anything, though I'm having trouble counting the number of pictures because they take up so much of the page and they're all squished together. Most of what I saw was worth around $2 to $3, and then there were some that were worth more than that. It would take me several hours to price all of those out in one go, and I personally don't really have the time for that. Would you mind reposting these one picture at a time, using bigger pictures, and waiting until a given picture was priced before posting the next one? This way, it makes it easier on whoever ends up helping price your cards, since they only have to quote one picture when pricing the cards, and they can clearly tell what cards are in the picture.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Please help

Hey everyone, you'll have to excuse me as I don't know if this is the right forum but I had a few questions about some cards I've scavenged. I wanted to know the value of the cards below, I've done some general research but want some expert opinions before I list them on Ebay, thank you ahead of time and again apologies if this is the wrong forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back