• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokemon Indigo League

A few questions about the camera (fill out after you try the newest beta)

• Total voters
Years
Ok.. First thing's first, I was having a few problems displaying textures, but I realised what was wrong yesterday and started on a few textures. So far, there is 5 of 25 3d-entities done for the base floor, and I think I can finish the rest today.. Ash's house is 4 tiles high, so that makes up close to 100 3d-entities (60-ish if you consider the empty space around the roof), just to give you some idea of the time involved with all of this.

Adam, I'm not too sure what the problem is.. Have you tried installing the rmxp rtp?
Are you trying to run it on a notebook or something? You won't be able to run it if your PC specs are too low.. You might also have trouble on a mac, you'll need to google "windows xp emulator for mac" or something like that..

Everyone else, please give as much feedback as you can.

Years
So much promise with this project.. From the screenshots it looks great! I love the anime! This is going to be fun! Downloading this ASAP! When I finish with demo I'll tell you what I think! :D

WOW.... That was AMAZING.. You put so much effort into this judging by that demo I can tell. Please don't give up on this. I would LOVE to see a game this good be completed. I will say though two annoyances with your anime footage in the game.
1. I can't see it.
2. Even if I were able to see it, the Background music would be annoying along with the footage.
Other than that this was flawless. And it was so much fun to play and watch. I have to ask though how is progress on the game going. What episode are you on? Just curious. :)

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for the comment Brandon, I agree with you about the clips, they have been removed from the game (cut-scenes will replace all of these).
I have posted screenshots of the 3d-ish engine that the game will be using, the engine was updated to an acceptable developing standard for this project and I'm re-making the current demo in this new engine.

Ok so the update, I finished the base floor (25 textures and heightmaps) and started on the second level in the most complex corner (for some reason).. I've finished the texture and heightmap after some issues with pixel heights for the starting corner of the 2nd floor. But I have been very sick with the flu for nearly 2 weeks so I haven't done much else..
Anyway, there will be a screenshot coming soon :p

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
None of those mirrors seem to work for me. A shame too, because this project looks pretty awesome. Love the idea of making a Pokemon game that's more like the anime.

Years
Try the rapidshare link, I tested it last month.. If you still can't get it to work, check the website because I've uploaded a slightly updated version there which fixes one annoying bug.
If you check back through my posts, I've uploaded a few early beta's with the old "3d" engine. The new version is currently being developed so I haven't got a preview of that just yet, but once I've got a couple more structures done I'll update and think about a deadline for the new demo.

There is always progress being made with the game, so don't freak out if you don't see daily activity on the thread. I try to evenly distribute my time updating scripts, event procedures, entities, sprites, but it's a big project and I only have so much time..

Again, if anyone has suggestions for the game, just post them up and I'll consider it

Update: 2nd floor of Ash's home is done, textured, so I'm more than half-way.. Will try to get the rest done today/tomorrow but no promises..

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
it's work I must download RGSS-RTP Standard

what i must do when Ash and Pikachu run from Spearows and game close

why game close when ash run away from spearows.The game close when ash go on green field

Last edited:
Years
Adam, I replied to your PM, settle.
I finished Ash's house a few days ago, there was just some weird clipping going on when zoomed out.. Anyway it's fixed, but it limits how far away the sprite is visible.. The camera angle will fix this.
So, as promised, here is a screenshot of the result:

212a2ag.png

Ash's house front

14do77s.png

Ash's house side

Next 3d sprite I'll be working on is Oak's Lab (Also a KyleDove public sprite). Previews to come!

Also might consider implementing some camera control systems (2 in mind) and integrating the 8-way direction script..

Here's a quick to-do list for anyone wondering wtf is going on with all this:
Structures
- Oak's Lab
- Viridian City Pokemon Centre
- Viridian Police Station
- Bill's Lighthouse
- Generic Houses
- Special Houses (Landmark structures with custom colours)
- Fence
- Bridge
- Shrub
- Cliffs
- Slopes
- Ledges
- River Edges

Game Mechanics
- Camera Modes
- 8-way Movement
- Visible Battle-encounter

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Impressive.. Love the idea of isometric tiles! Some of the sprites are a little skewy(player riding bike) but still... Nice job!

Years
Thanks Anglican :) I know what you mean about the skewy-ness, it was very hard for me to sprite the bike but rest assured, the angle is correct according to the math.. When I was testing the bike, it looked weird to ride normally (90 and 180 degree turns) so when I gave the bike 8 directions, it just looked even weirder (45, 90, 135 and 180 degree turns).. But after a while of riding, it's not so bad.. It looks better if you ride in arcs of a circle..

In actual news, I've finished spriting the windmill blades for oak's lab. I made a start on the movement system, which is going to be simple pixel-movement script with 8 directions.. It's bugging out a little when the camera is rotated to a 45 degree offset but I'm working on it.. If I can't find an FPS-effective solution, I might only make 4 camera viewpoints (N,S,E,W) and I'll add a "swaying" effect to the camera when the player walks, just to give the game that 3d feeling..

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
hee crazy meerkat, i wanna test out your demo but cant download it anywhere!!

and how far did u come with your demo do u have completed episodes?

thx in advance

Years
The 8-way movement gfx was glitching out whenever a party member was following, so I spent a while fixing it to be perfect..
I added 8-way collision-detection (you will slide off the edge of things) and I fixed 8-way ledge-checking..
Other than that, I've been re-hashing the music a little.. The title theme music (epic megaman bgm), while I felt was in theme with the style, I decided it was too strong and found something a little more restrained. I also found some music for intro parts that had none, some elevator music for the post-title-menu and a few other bits and pieces.

I'm thinking strongly about taking on the battle system after some finalisations are made.. I've already got most of what I need data-wise.. I'm just not sure about dumping the old battle system.. Also, if I did start to go through with it, I'd probably alter the damage, exp and stat formulae to work on a per-hit gain and also to favour stats used by attacks. That's a big job.. Not to mention, I'd have to create a few new gui's for the system, and graphics *sigh* are not my strongest skill.. So.. I'll just see what I can manage..

On an ending note, the game is making great progress towards the goal of re-doing the entire demo with the new engine. After a bit more tinkering, it'll be back to the "3d" lab to work on some more objects, hopefully finish Oak's Lab and a couple of decoration things..

Merry X-Mas to everyone for tomorrow (2-days time if ya in the US)
Best wishes - KM

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
can i give u a tip krazy_meercat, i think its better to have different attacks animations. I saw pikachu doing a thunderbolt but you didn't see the thunderbolt animation

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
yah I kinda can't download it either. I get sent to a page with some weird gathering data ads all over and there's no download button/link to click ._.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
Hee krazymeercat,

You have some updates for us? how far have you come? could you make a list of things/episodes you finished like some other guys have?

Cheers

Years
I apologize for this late reply, I've been very pre-occupied with urgent matters.
To all those who had problems downloading, links are fixed. The website has a hosted download.

I'd like to thank followers of this game for their continued interest and much-needed support. The quality of this project would certainly have suffered if I had never asked anyone's opinion.

Ok, now I just want to mention that I've started planning Pallet Town out as it appears in the Anime. I was always going to re-plan it because my 1st draft of Pallet was inspired by the game's layout of the town (a sea-side cluster of houses). I realized when I'd finished Viridian that I hadn't reflected the Anime at all in Pallet Town..
From what I've seen in the Anime, Pallet town is a hilly area surrounded by forest with lots of crop-patches and a few scattered trees. There is a dirt road that leads past Ash's House to Oak's Lab, in the opposite direction is a forest entrance to the Nursery.

If anyone knows episodes of Indigo League which feature Pallet Town or Ash's House (inside or rear/left corner) which are not listed here then please post:
  • #1 Pokemon I Choose You
  • #67 Showdown At The Poke-Corral
  • #70 Make Room For Gloom
  • #274 Gotta Catch Ya Later
Thanks to Abhishek Technology:
  • #66 The Evolution Solution
  • #71 To Master the Onixpected!

Something that will change is the game intro, firstly it will start at the beginning of the episode (the night before Ash picks a Pokemon) and I'm removing the timed bridge-run.. Some people may have found it hard or annoying to get the intro they wanted.. Something the night before getting a pokemon will affect which intro you get.
Spoiler:
I prefer this method, but other suggestions are welcome :)

Well I mentioned before that I'm re-designing Pallet Town, so I thought I'd share an image of my 1st-draft version. I apologize that entry was denied into this area in the demo version, it was tied into the bridge-run and there was nothing really down there to do. I promise to make use of the town a little more in the next demo. As mentioned, here is the rest of Pallet Town which you can not see in the demo:
Link Here - It was a really large image so I didn't post a previw

Some final words, I have strong feelings towards making another Action-Battle-System now that I've completed the movement aspect of the following system. This will require some more modification of the following party-order (atm, Ash is followed by humans (if present) and then pokemon).. It will be structured so that Ash's 6 pokemon will be in a 3x2 formation behind him, then humans (Misty/Brock) with their pokemon following them.
Some details might change as I'm still thinking about how the ABS will function.. Considering changing Ash's following pokemon limit to 2-3 as not to overpower/overwhelm the player with 6 pokemon attacking at once.
If you have any thoughts on the battle system, let me know. For all I know you might just want the standard pokemon battle system and for me to just hurry up and be done with game mechanics..
I'll also just quickly mention that I'm nearly done with my gfx changes to Ash's House (surprise) and some video will be uploaded soon to showcase the movement system, following system and a tour of Ash's Home.

If you believe in this project, then be part of it. I personally do read every comment posted here and take into deep consideration what everyone says. Many people have already influenced this game and I have great respect for their opinion.

Last edited:
Years
Just letting you know that the game CANNOT be downloaded anymore. Link isnt working

It still works for me :/
I updated the link when someone posted the filecloud link was broken.
If you have having trouble then please click here to download the demo.

I'm working on Pallet Town again today, for the first time in too long.. I've textured part of the outside of Ash's house the same way it looks in the anime (WYSIWYG), and it has come out looking pretty nice.. The front decking has floorboards now and everything depicted in the anime is incredibly fitting into the 32x32 grid pattern to scale. I have done gfx for the decking-fence and now I just have a few more things to gfx before I start on the inside (which I have already kinda started gfx-ing)

I'd also like to welcome a very skilled individual to the team, Rm2k3kid, who is going to test for us, so the actual releases on here will be a lot higher quality.. Rm2k3kid is a long-time peer whom I've had the honor of collaborating with and competing against.. He has provided many resources for the public and been a great source of inspiration and knowledge for many

Last edited:
Back