The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 28th, 2012, 04:15 AM
SayWhat
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Gentle

Advertise here
When i try to save palette comes this message.
"40 bytes is too long for this offset, Aborting."
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:52 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
This doesn't support Emerald!
What the hell is it with people loving Ruby and Sapphire but hating Emerald?!
*Rolls Eyes*
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
This doesn't support Emerald!
What the hell is it with people loving Ruby and Sapphire but hating Emerald?!
*Rolls Eyes*
Emerald came after Ruby and Sapphire, as well as Fire Red, so the information known about Fire Red/Ruby is about 1-2 years ahead of Emerald. Also, some hackers just prefer some games over others. That, and it's easier to focus your efforts on 1/2 of the 2 games released. It's more efficient.

And actually, it does support it (as it supports any GBA game). It just doesn't have any bookmarks for sprite data with it.

Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
erizek720
Unhatched Egg

where i can download the NSEFramework updated
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM
alypkm
Unhatched Egg

how do I animate characters and pokemon in fire red with this program ??
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:46 AM
TheQuilava
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by war rock exe View Post
This is BEAST!!!!! You should make it so we can edit title screens and tiles... or is that too much..?
You can edit Titlescreen and texts using unlz.GBA. Hope I helped You
Old November 15th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Naruto200
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Hey, any chance you could include overworld sprite editors in the next version?
I mean you can already edit trainers sprites, footsteps, and pokemon sprites.
Old November 21st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Lifesolstice
Magikarp Tail

Nature: Naughty
Wow, this is tool is absolutely amazing. I helps so much. Now the people who use this don't have to use the unLZ-GBA! Thanks alot!
Old November 25th, 2012, 12:28 AM
hughrock

My ROM is crashing. It crashes before running anything.

Why am I saying this here?

I've narrowed the crash down to NSE (both classic and 2). I took a jpan Hack engine Firered ROM and started messing around with the OW sprites. I've gone as far as implementing the entire hero and heroine motions for moving, running, surfing, etc. without any problems. However, I try to change the plug-in small pointer and grabber (known as the "PC Hand" in NSE classic) and my ROM will not run. It crashes when i turn it on. I've even tried a clean (no jpan hack engine) ROM. Same result.

Is this a common bug or just me making a simple and easily corrected mistake? Any help on this subject would be most appreciated.
Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Nature: Timid
Problem, my palette saving window for editing trainers is cut-off, I have no idea how to save the palette
Old December 28th, 2012, 01:15 PM
requiredturtle
Unhatched Egg

how do you edit overworld sprites? and can you please make it where we can edit title screens ect.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:18 AM
ArthurWaine
Unhatched Egg

@required turtle
Get OWeditor rebirth editon from either HackMew's thread directly, or the Pokemon Game Editor by gamer2020, both great guys with great tools. If you don't want those, slightly higher on the 'toolbox' page there is a thread with NSE classic, which does have OW functionalities implemented

Just wanted to say that I love this tool, beautiful, clean interface and great functionality! In one word, amazing, and essential for every ROM hacker out there
Old June 13th, 2013, 05:49 PM
gothicghostbat
Unhatched Egg

Item Sprite Editor Plugin v1.2
by Shiny Quagsire

Nothing new. Just a simple port of the old Item plugin with support for Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald.
[/QUOTE]

Is there ANY update for the item plugin for Emerald? I can't get it to work, and can't figure out the hex codes for items for the navigate to modify them. I'd love to do stuff such as switch the images of certain pokeballs. Like Make the masterball work as a masterball but using the sprite of the netball (my favorite ball look)
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM
patar4097

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny quagsire View Post
Emerald came after Ruby and Sapphire, as well as Fire Red, so the information known about Fire Red/Ruby is about 1-2 years ahead of Emerald. Also, some hackers just prefer some games over others. That, and it's easier to focus your efforts on 1/2 of the 2 games released. It's more efficient.

And actually, it does support it (as it supports any GBA game). It just doesn't have any bookmarks for sprite data with it.
So, you can use it for Emerald. Well, do you know if it would work for me? I downloaded a patch that makes the sprites like in HG/SS. But they are smaller, so some look bad. Could I change them still? And could I edit the animation at all either?
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM
TheSnivyMaster
Snivy breeder extraordinaire

Nature: Naughty
Well, I'm having a bit of trouble. In my hack, I'm aiming to replace the backsprites of Red and Leaf with Brenden and Mays. However, the palette isn't importing. Could you help me?

Well, I'm having a bit of trouble. In my hack, I'm aiming to replace the backsprites of Red and Leaf with Brendan and Mays. However, the palette isn't importing. Could you help me?

Last edited by TheSnivyMaster; June 16th, 2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Aproydtix
Pokémon Breeder

Nature: Calm
I tried to overwrite the image of Brendan, I had Advanced repointing, Safety repointing, Automatically fix pointers and Auto-abort if data is too big on. May's and Beauty's (Index 1 and 5) sprites are now not functioning in the game, they're completely removed from unLZ, however 4 and 5 are damaged when viewed in NSE. (As opposed to 1 and 5)
I'm incredibly angry right now, as I've done a lot of work, and forgot to make a backup. And I mean a lot, at least 3 full days.

Edit: I have a backup with the previous sprites though, if that can be of use.
Edit 2: May's sprite is invisible, Beauty crashes the game, and Hiker loads another sprite with lots of letters over it.
Old June 28th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Cobalon

Ok, the program works perfectly, I just don't know how to "raise" a sprite. Like I want to copy+paste golem's gen 3 back sprite upwards so I can fill in the bottom and make it look nicer. Could someone help?

Old July 1st, 2013, 03:58 PM
jjwheeler2121

Hey I've been using NSE 2.X recently and I came across a problem that I can't seem to figure out no matter where I search. I just got done editing Gary's/Rival's sprite but when I go to test it in the rom during gameplay his design is the same but the colors I put in is white instead of the green I selected in the NSE program. Can you help me out with this, I am working on a very important project.
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:39 PM
chaosakita

This is such a great hack. I just wanted to say thanks to the OP for making this!
Old August 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM
ppvsonicspy
PPV MasterGamer

Nature: Gentle
I need help with a problem I have, you see I change backsprites, save everything even the pallet and everything is OK in NSE. But when I test it in game the pallet is wrong, it seems to me it is using the pallet of the sprites I added before. I go check it out in NSE again and it is using the right pallet, I don't know what to do please help!!!

Last edited by ppvsonicspy; August 7th, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old September 20th, 2013, 12:31 PM
rune_reaper
Black Rock Shootah

Nature: Quirky
Whenever I try to change an image (both image and palette) only the new palette loads and the image stays the same. It reads the image, but won't overwrite it.

I really don't know what to do.
Old November 1st, 2013, 01:49 AM
hughrock

can anybody tell me the palette offset for the PKMN status with all the types?
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:29 AM
lightfurret

Bah... I'm probably too dumb to get it.
I made a Pokemon spirit from the scratch and tried to upload it, but it keeps changing colors although I used less then 16 colors. The background color also changes from green to dark red, although I used the background color of existent pokemon.
I tried to check how the program manages to work with a current pokemon and replace Ho-ho with Celebi, just for the kicks, and then it gave me an error, saying the file is too big...
Old November 3rd, 2013, 04:39 AM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfurret View Post
Bah... I'm probably too dumb to get it.
I made a Pokemon spirit from the scratch and tried to upload it, but it keeps changing colors although I used less then 16 colors. The background color also changes from green to dark red, although I used the background color of existent pokemon.
I tried to check how the program manages to work with a current pokemon and replace Ho-ho with Celebi, just for the kicks, and then it gave me an error, saying the file is too big...
Actually first you import the sprite then save repoint then save.
Then import the color table (import the same sprite picture) then repoint then save.
ALSO your picture may not be indexed.
You should know how to index a sprite.
that's why you're getting those errors you're talking about. Tajaros made a tutorial on the tutorial section.
From there, you should find it. It's really just the same procedure.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Shiny Quagsire
どないやねん, ヤドン

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by L96 View Post
Actually first you import the sprite then save repoint then save.
Then import the color table (import the same sprite picture) then repoint then save.
ALSO your picture may not be indexed.
You should know how to index a sprite.
that's why you're getting those errors you're talking about. Tajaros made a tutorial on the tutorial section.
From there, you should find it. It's really just the same procedure.
Just to expand on this, the reason it would error out if the file was "too big" is because indexed images take up a lot less space than non-indexed ones. This is because non-indexed ones require 4 bytes for each color (RGBA; sometimes only 3 bytes if just RGB), while indexed ones only take one (or less) bytes since you have each color stored once and then each pixel is a reference to which color it uses.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here