The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
my VIAO charger broke several times gotten multiple viruses i'm currently using my bros laptop tell me a good fair price laptop help me out
Old August 9th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

To be honest if price is a problem you're best off buying a new charger from amazon or somewhere and then wiping your computer and starting from scratch if it's that infected. It'd also help if you invested in a decent antivirus.
But if you're insisting on buying a new one, you could help us out by telling us what you'd use the laptop for. Would it be gaming, emulation, photo editing, general browsing etc. Also what would your price range be, because fair price for one person could be unreasonable for another.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old August 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
As Hybrid said, a good antivirus can help you prevent the constant viruses. Also, which OS is the laptop running? Make sure that you are always installing Windows Updates as well.
Fairy
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

gaming/emulation its in general a terrible laptop my birthdays tomorrow any way
Old August 11th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Hybrid Trainer

Well honestly, most laptops can handle emulation nowadays and gaming laptops are pretty easy to come by too.
Just doing a quick search this one is quite good if you're buying it refurbished.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old August 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM
TSS_Killer
The (6) Train BCCS Owner

If you're in the market for a used laptop, you can't go wrong with an IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad (I'd recommend a X60, T60, or newer model) , or a Dell Latitude or HP Compaq business laptop, Those have excellent build quality and will last you for years. Some models have dedicated graphics, but just don't expect to play DS emulation or 3D intense applications.
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

i got the hp pavilion m7-1015dx this is awesome only bad thing is the back

Last edited by Rodriguezjames55; August 13th, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old August 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
shadexpwn
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
If there isn't a possible way to fix your laptop, a recommend price for an average machine would be $600.00. There are quite a few online retailers that may have some deals going on around your area that you may be interested in. My computer is a custom build, package deals might cost a bit more so search around and find one that suits your requirements.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Hybrid Trainer

Closed as per requested by the OP.

-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links