The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help

Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old September 9th, 2012 (10:44 PM). Edited September 11th, 2012 by Medlis.
Medlis
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Medlis Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Medlis Send a message via Skype™ to Medlis
Earlier this evening I decided that I wanted to create a Trick Room team for wifi battles, until my other team is allowed to level beyond 75. (Friends are holding a tournament.)

Quite frankly, I'm not entirely sure of what I am doing. So any tips, criticism and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The Team

Pokemon: Audino
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Regenerator
EV's: 252 HP, 130 Def, 126 Sp. Def
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
- Trick Room
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Healing Wish

Pokemon: Eelektross
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def
Item: Choice Specs
Moveset:
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower

As overused as he is, I just can't help but love him.
He reminds me of my favorite monster, the Khezu in Monster Hunter.

Pokemon: Druddigon
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rough Skin
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 Def
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Hone Claws

Pokemon: Aggron
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def
Item: Choice Band
Moveset:
- Aqua Tail
- Heavy Slam
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

Pokemon: Slowking
Ability: Regenerator
Moveset:
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Fire Blast

Pokemon: Cohagrigus
Ability: Mummy
Moveset:
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
Old September 10th, 2012 (09:07 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Given its current set, Aggron looks like its item should be Choice Band to give all its moves more power. If you don't mind my asking, why is Audino in there?

Old September 10th, 2012 (02:36 PM).
Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
If you don't mind my asking, why is Audino in there?
Agreed. Assuming you're just looking for Wish support, you've got much better options out there like Clefable. Anyway, I second the rest of Platinum's post.

Also, for Eelektross, I'd drop the Life Orb in favor of Leftovers and run Volt Switch (in OU U-Turn is the superior option, but that's up to you and who you'll be battling) / Grass Knot / Flamethrower / Thunderbolt. However, if you want to keep Eelektross' momentum up, use Choice Specs, Volt Switch / Grass Knot / Flamethrower / Thunderbolt. Life Orb just subtracts from Eelektross' bulk considerably and it doesn't much like the passive damage.

Good luck! :]
Old September 11th, 2012 (05:46 AM).
Medlis
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Medlis Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Medlis Send a message via Skype™ to Medlis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Agreed. Assuming you're just looking for Wish support, you've got much better options out there like Clefable. Anyway, I second the rest of Platinum's post.

Also, for Eelektross, I'd drop the Life Orb in favor of Leftovers and run Volt Switch (in OU U-Turn is the superior option, but that's up to you and who you'll be battling) / Grass Knot / Flamethrower / Thunderbolt. However, if you want to keep Eelektross' momentum up, use Choice Specs, Volt Switch / Grass Knot / Flamethrower / Thunderbolt. Life Orb just subtracts from Eelektross' bulk considerably and it doesn't much like the passive damage.

Good luck! :]
I was looking for a pokemon capable of using both Wish and Trick Room. Audino seemed to fit, with its lower speed.

I changed the items as suggested and changed U-turn for Volt Switch.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links