The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2012, 06:30 AM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hey, this hack looks nice. I'm happy it's still in work for better results & gameplay.
Old May 10th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Shaly
#IshallPlayNoMatterWhatYo uSay

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Is this normal that when i play i can't do a damn thing :p? i can just walk around... can't enter a building... Don't know where to get my starter... i downloaded the 1.05...
Old May 10th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Alex
Would you help me to carry the stars?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaly View Post
Is this normal that when i play i can't do a damn thing :p? i can just walk around... can't enter a building... Don't know where to get my starter... i downloaded the 1.05...
This is because the latest release doesn't have hardly anything in it yet.

I'm in the process of completely overhauling the graphics, to include new map tiles and hopefully new overworld sprites. I'm also thinking of researching how to use Sappy to insert some music from D/P/Pt.
You know what America is? Pretentiousness. Nothing but empty arrogance out of a bunch of poor, stupid, and frightened individuals without a thing to their name. I can smell it every time it rains, as it violates my nasal cavity with the stench of a raw, selfish idiocy. It's not too pleasant, is it? Then again, what here is?
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Shaly

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaly Send a message via Skype™ to Shaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheRose View Post
This is because the latest release doesn't have hardly anything in it yet.

I'm in the process of completely overhauling the graphics, to include new map tiles and hopefully new overworld sprites. I'm also thinking of researching how to use Sappy to insert some music from D/P/Pt.
Oh owkay cool :D! From what i saw so far. This game will be awesome!
Keep it up and i hope i can play it very soon!
Old August 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

UPDATE

A complete graphical, scriptical, and storical overhaul is in the works. This is not going to replace this hack. Rather, it is still going to be the same game, Dragonstone, with a whole new… well, everything. I'm updating everything to be best of my ability, but there is one problem.

I have come across a major script/map roadblock, which caused me to phase out of ROM hacking so many months ago. Until I clear this utterly strange obstacle with an event script located in the west outskirts of Opal City, progress will not be moving anywhere near as fast as before. When I do clear this tedious error, expect a major game update, likely to be either alpha 2.0, or even beta 1.0 if I make enough changes to satisfy my judgement.

Thanks,
AlexTheRose
You know what America is? Pretentiousness. Nothing but empty arrogance out of a bunch of poor, stupid, and frightened individuals without a thing to their name. I can smell it every time it rains, as it violates my nasal cavity with the stench of a raw, selfish idiocy. It's not too pleasant, is it? Then again, what here is?
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:38 PM
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

Are you aware of the old Pokemon Dragonstone? You know, the one with Sevilithe in it?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:48 PM
NightkymZ
Ultimate Tiles Matcher

Its look good....Cant wait for the next release!

Incomming ROMHACK
www.facebook.com/blackremakes
http://www.romhack.me/shinynight
http://www.romhack.me/jademerald

Dont Forget To Like!
Old August 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
Are you aware of the old Pokemon Dragonstone? You know, the one with Sevilithe in it?
No, I haven't heard of any such hack. I'll look it up sometime though.
Old August 12th, 2012, 06:25 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
where does the alpha end at?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old August 21st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

The alpha ends when I finish making enough of the game to meet my satisfaction, which will likely be when I flesh out the story enough to make the player decently intimate with its story. After that is achieved I will more than likely release a beta, and maybe a gamma release afterward if I think it isn't wholesomely complete enough.
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

NEW RELEASE

As promised, a HUGE new release for Pokémon Dragonstone is out. Pretty much everything has been completely redone, and a whole ton of new things have been added - not to mention it has been thoroughly tested, a.k.a. bug free!

The gameplay from start to finish should last roughly about an hour at normal speed. So, enjoy!

—AlexTheRose
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
NEW RELEASE

As promised, a HUGE new release for Pokémon Dragonstone is out. Pretty much everything has been completely redone, and a whole ton of new things have been added - not to mention it has been thoroughly tested, a.k.a. bug free!

The gameplay from start to finish should last roughly about an hour at normal speed. So, enjoy!

—AlexTheRose
Sounds cool ! i'm going to try it sometime ! Also if you don't mind you could change the name a little bit because as mentioned before there were 2 more hacks with the same name ( pokemon dragonstone and pokemon dragonstone 2 ) just saying...

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r! View Post
Sounds cool ! i'm going to try it sometime ! Also if you don't mind you could change the name a little bit because as mentioned before there were 2 more hacks with the same name ( pokemon dragonstone and pokemon dragonstone 2 ) just saying...
My hack shares a region name with Freako's Pokémon Bronze, and he said it would be fine. I think it would be the same with the title, provided the other hacker doesn't inquire about it ;D.
Old September 10th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Dimebag

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
My hack shares a region name with Freako's Pokémon Bronze, and he said it would be fine. I think it would be the same with the title, provided the other hacker doesn't inquire about it ;D.
I don't think there is a problem because both dragonstone 1&2 were made by an anonymous hacker i think...no one knows who made it...or i don't know...but it was a really weird hack...

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Mecha doll 2.0 blockage application LOLOLOL
I'm not sure if that's because you don't know how to script that part or it was done intentionally but that was really funny to see.

Kinda weird that they look like humans and were created for the sole purpose of blocking routes :P
Old September 11th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignment View Post
Mecha doll 2.0 blockage application LOLOLOL
I'm not sure if that's because you don't know how to script that part or it was done intentionally but that was really funny to see.

Kinda weird that they look like humans and were created for the sole purpose of blocking routes
It's not that I was too lazy to do it, but I thought it would be cool to implement Mechadolls into Dragonstone because they're good for automated things, like for instance a mail system can be set up using them .
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:41 PM
uran10

Glitch you get cut not strength.
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uran10 View Post
Glitch you get cut not strength.
I see. Since its not really needed for any advancement (the boulder in Opal doesn't lead to anything important) it'll be fixed in the next major update. I would release a patch now, but I've already started on a route south of Opal.
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

UPDATE

Yes, after a long while, Dragonstone Alpha 1.8 is in the works. There will be two new towns, two/three new routes, and a dungeon called Equinox Cave. I'll go ahead and mention that one of the cities will have a huge hi-tech power plant where something interesting will take place.

Some screenshots:

Last edited by Alex; January 21st, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
playplayj
TheArchangle

This looks very interesting and promising. I will definitely start playing this hack, my only question is you mentioned something special about the Surskit? Does it have increased base stats or something?
Old January 21st, 2013, 06:18 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by playplayj View Post
This looks very interesting and promising. I will definitely start playing this hack, my only question is you mentioned something special about the Surskit? Does it have increased base stats or something?
The stats of Masquerain will be slightly boosted, but the Pokémon's moveset will be better than that of some legendary Pokémon (like Powder Snow at level 10). At the same time, it will be somewhat challenging - it's not like it would be super easy or anything .
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:22 PM
LunarStar
Unhatched Egg

Cant wait till game is fully released looks soo good
Old January 24th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

I got my school computer back after three weeks of being in repair. Because of this, Dragonstone's Alpha 1.8 release should be coming up really soon.

I hope to pick up the pace with hacking this game, and maybe Draco version will go into beta! :)
Old January 31st, 2013, 03:42 AM
Shaly

Yeeeeey! Good news Can't wait to play it!
Old January 31st, 2013, 12:11 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
When I saw the name of the hack, I thought at first that it was a remake/revival of the old Pokemon Dragonstone romhack (the first romhack I played too xD ).

I'm liking this though. Looking forward to the finished product!

Sponsored Links