The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: which new or old feature would you like to see in Generation 6?
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,HG,SS 128 65.64%
Berry Trees Back 65 33.33%
New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.) 38 19.49%
Multiple Regions 119 61.03%
Battle Frontier return 80 41.03%
New Starter types 77 39.49%
Dark type Gym Leader 101 51.79%
Tournament instead of elite four 62 31.79%
Return of team rocket 58 29.74%
New eeveelutions 92 47.18%
New storyline(Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys) 108 55.38%
All 17 8.72%
Other 44 22.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post
Deino, wouldn't just have to lose its prominent Dark type (which only happened for Bellossom out of 649 pokemon), but it doesnt even start out as a primary Dragon .-.
Oddish is Grass/Poison and Bellossom is just Grass. The Primary type doesn't usually change with exception to Eevee and Azuril. So...if anything I agree that Deino won't lose its Dark Typing since its the Primary type. It losing it Dragon typing would be just as weird as a Psuedo Legendary getting a branch evolution...both seem highly unlikely even as a want.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon following you around like in Yellow,Hg,SS: I wouldn't mind this, but if it did return then I'd want it to be optional. Liked it in Yellow and at first in HG/SS but then got quickly sick of it.

Berry Trees Back: Not really bothered, never replanted berries anyhow.

New Battle system (6 on 6, etc.): Definitely not! I'm not even a big fan of triple and rotation battles, too much pokemon on the field.

Multiple Regions: Nope! Stick to one region, Kanto in G/S/C/HG/SS was just unnecessary IMO.

Battle Frontier return: Would love the Battle Frontier to return, more like the Emerald one.

New Starter types: I'd prefer the formula of Grass/Water/Fire not to be messed with, but if they did it right I guess I'd be open to change.

Dark type Gym Leader: Yes to this! Don't know why they haven't done it already, but Gen VI would be the perfect opportunity.

Tournament instead of elite four: I want the elite four to remain untouched. If it ain't broken don't fix it, lets leave the tournament style league to the anime (or postgame challenge).

Return of team rocket: Team Rocket aren't my favourite villians, but I would love to see what story they could make up for their return, maybe make them a bit more threatening.

New eeveelutions: I'm open for more eeveelutions, preferably a flying or ghost one like others have said.

New story - Not the old ten year old sets out to be champ and stop bad guys): Would agree with this to some extent. I liked the way B/W have mixed up the story a bit, but I'm sure more could be changed without altering the system. If that makes sense... :p
Old September 10th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I'm pretty much up for all of them except the 6 v 6. They're all great features and would be a great asset to the game(s). I liked the following feature and I am so up for more eeveelutions. I'd like one for Steel, Flying and Dragon (maybe not dragon..). I'd be stoked if they added said features. So my vote probably lies with All, as I liked pretty much all of the features. But maybe not Tournament. I like the Elite Four.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:15 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughsponge View Post
Dark type Gym Leader: Yes to this! Don't know why they haven't done it already, but Gen VI would be the perfect opportunity.
Its not some mystery, for us to wonder why they intentionally dont use it. They just have not gotten around doing it yet. As simple as that, really.

Just pick a gen and find out.
In GSC you had Karen.
In RSE you had Sidney.
In BW you had Grimsley.
So Dark is a prominent type in the E4. The only time it wasn't in the E4 is DPt.
But DPt also took the whole "gym type fits the theme of its location" a lot more serious. Meaning, a gym next to a mining cave is Rock, the one that has ships going to Iron island is Steel, the one in the city with solar panel floors and a lighthouse is Electric, the one in the snowy north is Ice (even though there were barely any Ice pokemon to find), next to the biggest forest ever, Grass...
sure they could have made one of the other three Dark.. and maybe they even tried to, with Fantina, but probably quickly realised a gym where you walk around with a flashlight in darkness is more Ghost-themed than Dark anyway.

The closest to a Dark gym we have seen is Roxies gym. But why did they go for Poison? Grimsley.

So in short: They will make a Dark gym when they see it fit well into its part of a game, not for the sake of it.

I'd rather have more fun thematic gym puzzles, than just a room with gangsters standing around so there is finally a Dark gym.
Old September 11th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Well, for starters, a Dark-type Gym is looong overdue. Game Freak seriously needs to bite the bullet and put one in already. =P

I think in terms of a new battle system, it should be tweaks to the current system. I'd like to see more focus on combo attacks beyond the Pledge moves in double/triple battles; they took the time to add these combo moves to the game, so I hope they spend more time on this concept.

Also, I really believe Water should be weak to Poison. First off, poison can contaminate water, so the change already makes sense. But Poison is such an underused attack type in PvP battles, and it's because it only has one type it can hit super-effectively; the only Poison moves you'll typically see are Toxic and Toxic Spikes; offensive Poison attacks are ignored. Water Pokemon are also quite a common sight, due to their versatility. I think this change could balance things out a bit more in the game.

Next, Ice needs to be better defensively; they're way too fragile. Ice Pokemon are hardly used in battle because of how many common attack types they're weak to. Also, they only resist themselves. The problem is that there's no good weakness to remove from Ice, since all the weaknesses (Fire, Fight, Rock, Steel) make sense, since fire melts ice and physical force can break ice. Perhaps adding resistances would be a good start in making Ice Pokemon better. I say making Ice-types resistant to Dragon attacks would be a good start, plus they could be used as a safe switch-in to Dragon-types. Maybe a resistance to Water would work, too; for a long time, I used to think Ice could resist Water, anyway, since ice is just frozen water. If Water can resist Ice, perhaps Ice can resist Water (except Scald; dealing normal damage to Ice-types with Scald would make sense).

There's probably other changes that need to be made to balance out the type system, but I don't want to spend too much time right now trying to figure them all out.

I think the poison condition got severely nerfed in Gen V. The poison-while-walking needs to come back. I also feel like basic poison is pretty weak and forgettable compared to bad poison, which is much more commonly used. The burn condition has the advantage of lowering attack. Perhaps poison should lower a stat, as well. Special Attack, perhaps? And then, Toxic could be balanced out by not lowering any stats, but would still be useful by dealing much more damage every turn. I just think basic poison needs to be equally as handy as burn.

Also, the red and blue Basculin need their own separate evolutions. I get that they're the Unova equivalent to Shellos, but Gastrodon is much more versatile than Basculin, anyway, given its extra typing. Basculin is relatively plain in comparison, and looks like it needs an evolution. Maybe the red one could evolve into a Water-Dragon sea serpent, while the blue one could evolve into a Water-Steel swordfish. (WIP names for them: Basculisk (red) and Basculade (blue)) There could even be a special way to get them: the red Basculin could evolve by being traded holding a DeepSeaTooth, while the blue Basculin could evolve by being traded holding a DeepSeaScale. (Some of those trade items do need to be less exclusive to certain Pokemon; there's beginning to be a bit too many evolutionary items in all, IMO) Speaking of evolutions, Jynx still needs her evolution. How is it that Electabuzz, Jynx, and Magmar all got their baby forms simultaneously, but Jynx got left out of an evo in Gen IV? I can already picture it:

Hi-Jynx, Ice-Psychic, obtained through trading a Jynx holding a Glacierizer, comes with the ability Cold Spell: when Hi-Jynx is hit with an Ice attack, her Special Attack increases.

I think Pokemon does need to have something new in the story. I feel like we've all grown too used to getting all 8 badges, beating the League, and fighting an evil team who wants to get their hands on a legendary Pokemon. I don't really know exactly how the story could change yet, but I think it's clear that the formula is beginning to show its age. I would actually be interested in fighting things throughout the story mode that aren't Pokemon, sort of like the encounters in PokeStar Studios; things like mechs or warriors or even using Pokemon to combat natural disasters. They wouldn't give EVs, of course, because they're not Pokemon, but things like that would make the game feel more RPG-ish.

Another thing I'd like to see is HMs being more useful both in and out of battle. I know there's the G/S Christmas hack where you can use a Fire HM to melt ice. I'd like to see a useful Fire HM in Gen VI. Maybe it could burn ice in the overworld, and deal around 70 damage in battle with a high chance of burn. Another example: maybe an Electric HM called Sparkle. Works kind of like Flash, only it's a special attack that hits more than one foe in a double battle, and doesn't have as high a chance of lowering accuracy. You could use Sparkle to light up lightbulbs to increase your field of vision in a dark warehouse, or use it to power broken-down machinery to activate drawbridges or to open doors. And perhaps Cut could be modified to have a 20% chance of lowering Defense. Strength could have a 20% chance of raising Attack. I want HMs to generally be seen as more useful than as a burden; Surf and Fly pulled it off pretty well; why not have other HMs that are just as useful?

Last edited by Blue Emerald; September 11th, 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:05 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Emerald View Post
I think in terms of a new battle system, it should be tweaks to the current system. I'd like to see more focus on combo attacks beyond the Pledge moves in double/triple battles; they took the time to add these combo moves to the game, so I hope they spend more time on this concept.
I'm sure there'll be more now that the idea made it into the games.

I've been thinking of dual type moves also...
For example Muddy Water being Water&Ground, would mean 2x dmg to Fire, 1.5x to Poison, etc. And STAB would only improve it by 25% unless both types matching, giving the usual STAB.

Quote:
Also, I really believe Water should be weak to Poison. First off, poison can contaminate water, so the change already makes sense. But Poison is such an underused attack type in PvP battles, and it's because it only has one type it can hit super-effectively; the only Poison moves you'll typically see are Toxic and Toxic Spikes; offensive Poison attacks are ignored. Water Pokemon are also quite a common sight, due to their versatility. I think this change could balance things out a bit more in the game.

Next, Ice needs to be better defensively; they're way too fragile. Ice Pokemon are hardly used in battle because of how many common attack types they're weak to. Also, they only resist themselves. The problem is that there's no good weakness to remove from Ice, since all the weaknesses (Fire, Fight, Rock, Steel) make sense, since fire melts ice and physical force can break ice. Perhaps adding resistances would be a good start in making Ice Pokemon better. I say making Ice-types resistant to Dragon attacks would be a good start, plus they could be used as a safe switch-in to Dragon-types. Maybe a resistance to Water would work, too; for a long time, I used to think Ice could resist Water, anyway, since ice is just frozen water. If Water can resist Ice, perhaps Ice can resist Water (except Scald; dealing normal damage to Ice-types with Scald would make sense).

There's probably other changes that need to be made to balance out the type system, but I don't want to spend too much time right now trying to figure them all out.
This is my attempt at balancing it a bit. Ive changed it a few times over years.
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/a...hart-204921036

Initially I didn't wanna make Water weak to poison because, well you can find a reason to make anything weak to poison, and because a Water pokemon is not made of water or even has to live in it, but merely specialized in Water based attacks.
So I kept the Poison reasoning to technique types...and noticed Dark, the only type besides Normal that doesn't have a real elemental ability or strength, it just plays unfair and uses dirty tricks. And faking a strong immune system wont make health issues go away.

But thinking about it again, and how everyone always first thinks of Water as something that should watch out for Poison attacks, maybe that'd make sense after all, and Water is defensively doing great anyways, so bringing it closer to Grass' "league" would be fine.

Quote:
I think the poison condition got severely nerfed in Gen V. The poison-while-walking needs to come back. I also feel like basic poison is pretty weak and forgettable compared to bad poison, which is much more commonly used. The burn condition has the advantage of lowering attack. Perhaps poison should lower a stat, as well. Special Attack, perhaps? And then, Toxic could be balanced out by not lowering any stats, but would still be useful by dealing much more damage every turn. I just think basic poison needs to be equally as handy as burn.
Poison while walking being removed is good, because now it makes perfect sense that pokemon are in a "frozen" state while inside pokeballs, since nothing else ever seems to affect them and they dont recover or anything.

Not sure about buffing regular poison that way. Turning it into a special will-o-wisp would be overpowered. Although Id love to see a status effect do that, its likely better if its a new one.
Bad poison is just a stronger version of poison, as Toxic spike layers prove.
What I would do instead is perhaps make it lower Sp.Defense? Either way Id apply that to bad poison too then obviously. Would still make regular poison better.
Also, I would make it so that poisoning a poisoned pokemon changes it to badly poisoned.

Frozen status comes to mind... lowered physical defense comes to mind. lol
There needs to be a Hypnosis like move for freezing.

Wonderng what new status effect could be the special equivalent of burn... if possible a type that lacks such moves.

Quote:
the red Basculin could evolve by being traded holding a DeepSeaTooth, while the blue Basculin could evolve by being traded holding a DeepSeaScale. (Some of those trade items do need to be less exclusive to certain Pokemon; there's beginning to be a bit too many evolutionary items in all, IMO) Speaking of evolutions, Jynx still needs her evolution. How is it that Electabuzz, Jynx, and Magmar all got their baby forms simultaneously, but Jynx got left out of an evo in Gen IV?
They've tried keeping evolution methods consistent, by never using an old item to give an old pokemon a new evolution. Otherwise Eevee would have evolved by stone everytime, and every trade+item evo could simply be a trade evo, among other cases, all the way to breeding incenses....

Initially Jynx Magmar and Electabuzz were meant as a trio but that never fully made it into the games, and even what was left of that concept was scrapped with GSC, and since then the group has been only going further apart every gen, while Electabuzz and Magmar not just stayed a duo (which they were from the beginning anyways, what with being version exclusives, remember?), but actually got even closer related by new evos.
Jsut getting an evo too wouldn't make it fit into the group suddenly as there are some serious differences, like Jynx being female, having a secondary type, Psychic, and having way lower stats. Also its design doesn't do what the other do: heavily showcase their element. You look at them and go "whoa, a Fire and an Electric pokemon", unlike Jynx which barely anyone would even guess to be an Ice type.
So in short, Smoochum was more like a one-time homage to the scrapped trio concept.
Old September 11th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Blue Emerald
One of life's great mysteries

Nature: Naive
Quote:
This is my attempt at balancing it a bit. Ive changed it a few times over years.
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/a...hart-204921036

Initially I didn't wanna make Water weak to poison because, well you can find a reason to make anything weak to poison, and because a Water pokemon is not made of water or even has to live in it, but merely specialized in Water based attacks.
So I kept the Poison reasoning to technique types...and noticed Dark, the only type besides Normal that doesn't have a real elemental ability or strength, it just plays unfair and uses dirty tricks. And faking a strong immune system wont make health issues go away.

But thinking about it again, and how everyone always first thinks of Water as something that should watch out for Poison attacks, maybe that'd make sense after all, and Water is defensively doing great anyways, so bringing it closer to Grass' "league" would be fine.
I checked out your chart. I think making Normal weak to Poison is an interesting fix, as normal creatures are typically easier to kill off by poison. Dark, however, doesn't make as much sense to me. While it's true that Dark attacks tend to be sneaky in their purpose, I don't believe the Dark-type itself is sneakiness incarnate. I always saw it more in relation to shadows. For instance, I've always thought the reason Fighting was good against Dark was because of "shadowboxing". And Psychic being weak to Dark was because of fear of the dark (same with fear of bugs and ghosts).

Grass taking neutral damage from Flying would be a good change, I think. While I understand that the reason behind it is that birds eat seeds and bore holes in trees, on the other hand wind doesn't kill plants (although strong winds can fell trees). In fact, plants need air to survive, and even create air of their own, so their relationship should make it neutral. As for Steel, I don't think Electric needs to be strong against it; while metal conducts electricity, electricity also powers machinery. Also, Electric doesn't need the weakness to Grass, because you can't kill a lightning bolt with a tree; if anything, the tree will start on fire, so the neutrality to grass attacks makes sense to me. =P That, and Ground attacks are still common enough that Electric-types need to be wary of them. I think Electric is pretty balanced as is, with strength against two types, resistance to three, resistance against three, and is completely stopped by Ground-types.

Giving Ice resistance to Ground is genius, though. Only two types can resist Ground attacks, but both of them are uncommon types. This is a great way of making Ice Pokemon better defensively. Makes sense in reality, too, as the ground gets covered by ice.

Also, Rock does need resistance to Rock; dunno why they haven't done that.

Quote:
Poison while walking being removed is good, because now it makes perfect sense that pokemon are in a "frozen" state while inside pokeballs, since nothing else ever seems to affect them and they dont recover or anything.
While you make a good point, I still feel like that was taking away an established RPG element: poison affecting your party members with every step. Also, it removes some of the challenge from the story mode.

Quote:
Not sure about buffing regular poison that way. Turning it into a special will-o-wisp would be overpowered. Although Id love to see a status effect do that, its likely better if its a new one.
Bad poison is just a stronger version of poison, as Toxic spike layers prove.
What I would do instead is perhaps make it lower Sp.Defense? Either way Id apply that to bad poison too then obviously. Would still make regular poison better.
Also, I would make it so that poisoning a poisoned pokemon changes it to badly poisoned.
That's genius. I love that idea. It would certainly differentiate poison more from burn, and so basic poison attacks would be used more often in battle.
Quote:
Frozen status comes to mind... lowered physical defense comes to mind. lol
There needs to be a Hypnosis like move for freezing.
The only problem with that is that freezing works differently from sleep; while sleep has a set random amount of turns before it wears off, freezing always has a 20% chance of wearing off every turn; you could be really unlucky and never thaw out, which is why freeze is a much rarer condition to inflict than sleep.
Quote:
Wonderng what new status effect could be the special equivalent of burn... if possible a type that lacks such moves.
Good question. First, it would have to be something equivalent to silencing in Final Fantasy, though not necessarily called "silence"; they're not casting spells, after all. =P Hmmm... maybe it could be something equivalent to paralysis, but only when you're trying to use special attacks. Maybe "unstable" condition? The only thing that makes sense to me, since your Pokemon is trying to call up elemental powers, so I would assume that would require some balance of energy in its body. Like, say you're trying to use Thunderbolt, but there's a chance that you'll be too unstable to use it. Instead of being permanent like paralysis, though, it would wear off like confusion.

But which type should specialize in instability? Fire has burn, Ice has freeze, Electric has paralysis, Poison... well, that's just obvious, Normal (sort of) has sleep, Psychic and Ghost have confusion... good question, indeed.
Quote:
They've tried keeping evolution methods consistent, by never using an old item to give an old pokemon a new evolution. Otherwise Eevee would have evolved by stone everytime, and every trade+item evo could simply be a trade evo, among other cases, all the way to breeding incenses....
Although Lickitung could learn Rollout and Piloswine could learn AncientPower before Gen IV, so in reality there's nothing stopping GameFreak from making a Pokemon evolve in a way that normally wouldn't have worked in past gens. They could easily just write it off as a new discovery; maybe the Pokemon isn't capable of evolving a certain way until sometime in the future.

Last edited by Blue Emerald; September 11th, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
I checked out your chart. I think making Normal weak to Poison is an interesting fix, as normal creatures are typically easier to kill off by poison. Dark, however, doesn't make as much sense to me. While it's true that Dark attacks tend to be sneaky in their purpose, I don't believe the Dark-type itself is sneakiness incarnate. I always saw it more in relation to shadows. For instance, I've always thought the reason Fighting was good against Dark was because of "shadowboxing". And Psychic being weak to Dark was because of fear of the dark (same with fear of bugs and ghosts).
Actually Ghost is much more related to elemental darkness and shadows. Dark is what I call a technique type, like Fighting and Poison.
Just look at the moves. It got everything from the whole party joining for a Beat Up, moves like Thief and Snatch, Taunt and Torment, Sucker Punch, or simply the casual unfair Bite. I could go on and list them all, Punishment, Foul Play, Payback, Fake Tears...and only be left with less than a handful.
Its mean sneaky cheating unfair dishonest way of battling.

The pokemon say a lot too. you got a mafia boss crow, a gangster lizard, a fox that tricks you, a hellhound, hyena, shark, and tengu the wind demon.

But if you need undisputable proof, you just need to check what the Dark type is actually called in the japanese games. A direct translation would be the Evil type.

Quote:
Grass taking neutral damage from Flying would be a good change, I think. While I understand that the reason behind it is that birds eat seeds and bore holes in trees, on the other hand wind doesn't kill plants (although strong winds can fell trees). In fact, plants need air to survive, and even create air of their own, so their relationship should make it neutral. As for Steel, I don't think Electric needs to be strong against it; while metal conducts electricity, electricity also powers machinery. Also, Electric doesn't need the weakness to Grass, because you can't kill a lightning bolt with a tree; if anything, the tree will start on fire, so the neutrality to grass attacks makes sense to me. =P That, and Ground attacks are still common enough that Electric-types need to be wary of them. I think Electric is pretty balanced as is, with strength against two types, resistance to three, resistance against three, and is completely stopped by Ground-types.
Well I thought, Water is conductive, metal is... and Steel is so very superior defensively that it could use any nerf you can find. If there was some pokemon where it specifically didnt make sense, ala Faraday cage effect, they could perfectly fix that with an anti-Electric equivalent of Levitate.

Grass on Electric was the toughest one and I still feel itchy about actually putting it up.
Just Grass needs any help it can get (its so bad on both sides compared to the other starter types), and it already had a resistance to Electric for some reason, right? So I simply built on that XD...

I went through the pokemon to see what itd affect and figured it would probably be a good adjustment, so I added Poison as a weakness of Water. There are barely any that would gain quad weaknesses because of it (Ludicolo, and Dark guys like Sharpedo if all these changes applied, and lol Bibarel).. Ive considered current pokemon for everything I put on that chart btw. The Grass>Electric one is not really bad. It just gives Lanturn a Swampert-esque weakness lol.
The interesting changes are from Electric>Steel, where it makes Skarmory and Empoleon quad weak, but just general things like Bronzong having a second weakness is something welcome.

Oh and another one you mentioned, Ice being resistant to Water. I had that on for quite some time, but decided that Ground and Dragon are crucial enough, while this is a pointless nerf to Water who isnt the best offensive type or anything.

Last edited by MiTjA; September 12th, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:55 PM
YOLTMayne
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
The current storyline is what defines the games as they are now. Changing anything but the Protag's age would make the games boring. The goal to new trainers is to take on the league and become a champion. I don't see that ever changing.
I am just curious as to how you think NOT doing the same thing over and over again for each game would be boring.
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:06 PM
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Nature: Relaxed
Anime Styled Pokemon League Conference would be so totally badass. It can work just like the Elite Four, if the player loses, they restart, you get a randomly selected opponent like the Battle frontier, and you battle your rival(s) at some point in the tournament like the anime.

It'd be perfect, plus a torch runner kind of event before the tournament like in Ash Gray.

3 VS 3 is enough for me, any more than that would be too much and it'd take like 10 mintues just for the 1st actual battling (attacking exchange) to start because you'd have to pick a move for all 4, 5, or even 6 of your Pokemon.

A fully-integrated clothing system. Players can buy clothes for their in-game overworld which would make the whole Wi-Fi experience a whole lot better.

The return of the Wi-Fi Plaza. The Wi-Fi Plaza was a fun feature in Pokemon Platinum and I was greatly saddened of it's absence in Gen 5.

I got more but that's a lot to type.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 07:10 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
I'm still looking forward to that dark type gym and a sibling rivalry; that would make things interesting.

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:12 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
Hm...I guess a new clothing system would be nice. Seeing the different combination of clothing you put on your character before entering a battle would be intersting. Of course, it would be for aestheic, it doesn't affect how the Pokemon battle.

I like to see Pokemon like Qwilfish or Corsola evolve. LOL And finally giving Miltank and Taruos their SHARED pre-evolution stage.

Also, a dark type gym leader. I still can't believe; seeing how long Pokemon been out, there STILL isn't on yet...I mean, damn!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 06:22 AM
RenegadeShroom
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
While it's true that Dark attacks tend to be sneaky in their purpose, I don't believe the Dark-type itself is sneakiness incarnate. I always saw it more in relation to shadows. For instance, I've always thought the reason Fighting was good against Dark was because of "shadowboxing".
The problem with that is that the Dark type is effectively the evil type, with Fighting opposing it as the closest thing to a Light/Honour type, using honourable, powerful and effective tactics and moves; the two types are diametrically opposed, and it makes perfect sense for Fighting to be good agianst dark. It's ghost that is more akin to shadows and whatnot.

Anyways. . . what I want to see. New Eeveelutions, (Rock/Flying/Fighting, for a type triangle) the Original Dragon, a Mightyena evolution and this one is purely wishful thinking: An alternate evolution for Dragonair. One that actually looks like it. :3 Aside from that, new Pokemon and various other evolutions, obviously. But I can't think of any mechanics I want added/changed or major story traditoion changes or anything.
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I'd like to have the option of having a Pokemon follow you or not. Hopefully it won't have to be the first in your party though...

I would like a new battle system but having tried rotational battles, maybe not...

Multiple regions, maybe. I liked it on Gen 2 + remakes, because I think that the post-game 'plot' tends to be boring, but maybe not. You could just have one big region and only have part of it available pre-Elite 4, then have the rest exposed afterwards, with a different type of [gym] tournament. Or just more to do between badges, like in the anime.

Battle Frontier return, I couldn't care less.

Yes to different gym types.

A different way the story is carried out would be nice.
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:16 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grubby Pup View Post
Also, a dark type gym leader. I still can't believe; seeing how long Pokemon been out, there STILL isn't on yet...I mean, damn!
I don't see why its so hard to believe. Its pretty understandable.
In 3 of the 4 regions Dark was in the E4, which makes it seem even more badass.

They simply haven't gotten around doing a setting where they would go "hey lets put a Dark gym here".

People always think of every detail on its own like the developers create these games category after category of features. They probably don't.
Everything has to fit together into a fleshed out region.
They surely consider a lot of things and for most gyms, the decision of their type probably comes too late to have the ability to be any type they want to.
I mean, like the new beach town in BW2. Of course they put a Water gym there and it is great that way.

Really the closest gym location weve seen where it could have easily occured to them to make it Dark type was Roxies gym. Its even more perfect than for Poison. Unfortunately, Grimsley is already a big Dark trainer, so they went for Poison.
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
I just thought it would be wonderful to have the VS seeker return. It should have never left.

Old October 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Tetra
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
The return of a Battle Frontier would just be great. Challenging them in Emerald was so fun but challenging at the same time. Pokémon following you around is also pretty cool because you can interact with them and you can show off your Pokémon. Multiple reigons is okay since the fact that there might be a possibillity that they could run out of ideas, when the next game comes out it could be basically, boring. :[ New Eeveelutions would be awesome, since it was originally designed to change its genetics into a different kind suitable for the habitat it is living in. So if there was like a Dragon's Den in Gen 6 there would be a chance that there could be a Dragon-Type Eeveelution.
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:29 PM
DoesntKnowHowToPlay
some loser

Either more control over what type Hidden Power is, along with making it a flat 70 BP would be very nice. A better effort in the field of competitive battles would be nice- looking for a match on Random Matchup takes forever and is never competitive when the option to disconnect at no penalty is present. Some attempt to balance Drizzletoed and Droughtales would be nice too.
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Ralaia
~Smooth as Ice~

The one thing I would want the most is probably new evolutions of eevee because who doesn't want new evolutions of one of the most desired pokemon? :D Also Probably the return of Team Rocket because Team Rocket is awesome! It's the only team that doesn't look stupid at what the do. (like that made any sense) :D

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:26 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Id like new starter types. Water, Electric, Ground, or Psychic, bug, dark. Something that isnt Grass, fire and water in that order
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Renthewarrior

I think you should be able to buy stuff from pokemarts to change the look of ur character. Like glasses, different hair, etc.
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:24 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Buying Hair? lol. Maybe we can buy hats and accesories.

I want to see a Phoenix as the Mascot alongside the Original Dragon...or perhaps a Tiger as in China mythology a Dragon represented Male,Yang and Phoenix Female ,Yin. The Tiger is Yin too. Or perhaps Arcues could be a Mascot and gen's IV-V were hinting at VI with early cameo/references...heck the third could be the real creator of the Weather trio...
Not sure what they can stand for though...maybe Creation (Arcues), Destruction (Weather trio's true master?), and Order (Original Dragon).

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old October 6th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
I would love to have berries back (prob. my favorite part about emerald), I had a lot of fun farming berries, and I would just have 50 of em lyin in my bag all the time, nice to have those on hand ;3

Tbh... I don't give a damn about eeveelutions.

A different approach to the story would be nice if GameFreak can pull it off. I would rather stick to the current standard storyline of pokemon games, than have a new one that's horrible.

One thing I would love is an auto-save feature. I tend to accidently turn off my dsi without saving...kinda like how a few minutes ago I beat the horrid Elesa Gym (took like 30 mins and used about 10 potions) I forgot to save =_= I mean, I don't know if it's even possible but I would love to have an auto-save feature after you beat gyms, or other important things like E4, etc. And this brings me to my next and probably most wanted feature...

Multiple Save Files Why has gamefreak not done this yet...? I like to replay Pokemon White a lot, so I usually make new save files, but because I am deleting all my saves I'm never gonna actually get that far. And I miss my old Pokes :<
Especially with the growing popularity of challenges, at least a 2nd save file would be fantastic!

Well that's my 2 cents.
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Just thought of this. Something id like in the next gen would be more contradicting types, like Grass/Fire, Ghost/Psychic, and Steel/Poison or something like those.
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Tranca
Monolith

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
I would love to have berries back (prob. my favorite part about emerald), I had a lot of fun farming berries, and I would just have 50 of em lyin in my bag all the time, nice to have those on hand ;3

Tbh... I don't give a damn about eeveelutions.

A different approach to the story would be nice if GameFreak can pull it off. I would rather stick to the current standard storyline of pokemon games, than have a new one that's horrible.

One thing I would love is an auto-save feature. I tend to accidently turn off my dsi without saving...kinda like how a few minutes ago I beat the horrid Elesa Gym (took like 30 mins and used about 10 potions) I forgot to save =_= I mean, I don't know if it's even possible but I would love to have an auto-save feature after you beat gyms, or other important things like E4, etc. And this brings me to my next and probably most wanted feature...

Multiple Save Files Why has gamefreak not done this yet...? I like to replay Pokemon White a lot, so I usually make new save files, but because I am deleting all my saves I'm never gonna actually get that far. And I miss my old Pokes :<
Especially with the growing popularity of challenges, at least a 2nd save file would be fantastic!

Well that's my 2 cents.
I think originally multiple save files may have conflicted with memory availability. However nowadays there is no excuse.

I assume the main motivation to leave multiple save files out now, is in order to sell more copies of the game.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links