Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: Which OW sprites for brendan/may would look better?
Ruby/Sapphire 6 11.11%
Firered/LeafGreen 12 22.22%
Customized/New 36 66.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 8th, 2012, 02:02 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
I agree. You gotta work on the presentation of your hack. Slow down, go back and make things pretty, sand out the rough spots, re-work some stuff, even add some things. We don't care if it takes you a little longer to release if it means that we get a better quality game.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
Yes, i too agree with those two. Its like you want to get rid of this hack Asap to work on your other hack. Its not really good when you plan another hack while working on one, cause you'll try to finish the other one Asap. Sorry but like Black Granite X It was like it was rushed.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
EpicJackman
Ace Attorney

Nature: Quiet
Great hack! I'll be following its progress.
I watched the trailer and all I have to say is this: Wes. I know I've seen that name before. *hears Open Sesame Tofu play* IT'S HAPPENING!
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM
rpg man
My new account is Critx

Nature: Naughty
i haven't played this game so......It seems alright.

I might play this in the future
My new account is Critx!

I made a new account was cuz i didn't like the name RPg Man
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
As far as my other hack goes, let me clear that up. It's just a Rom that I use to test things out. I have some other things in mind, and at one point i had another one I was planning out, but I set it aside to work on this.

What I'm trying to do right now is get the game to the point where it is playable up to the elite four. Once it is to that point, which should be soon, i am going to sand it out with a power sander. The problem with this hack is that I learned so many new things that I didnt know before this. For example, I had no clue how edit tiles before this, and now I do. So ny original intention was to just use the default tiles.

Now I want to change then, however the ideal thing to do would have been to edit thr tiles before I started mapping/scripting. However I didnt. So while this hack is definately going to be a "practice run" for me, I still intend to make it enjoyable.

Some of the things I want to add are

-lots of new tiles
-more new overworlds
-new music
-more post game stuff

Also, i meant armaldo for steven. Got them mixed up. And the umbreon/espeon sprites are ripped from hg/ss

Wonder Trade!!!

Last edited by Pinta77; September 8th, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Welcome to the Lunah Region Pokemon League

(fair enough?)

Look at the exciting things that await inside!

Maneuver past the glitches and become the champion!

Goodness... if any new hackers are reading this, always remember to back up your ROM.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:21 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Cool ! Maneuver past the glitches and become an elite four champion !

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Bah... ok. Time to stop cutting corners. The whole "come back from hoenn" thing was just an excuse to not change sprites. I've learned a lot more since the start, so I'm going to revamp the entire story. It'll be pretty much how it is now, except... er different. What I mean is it's gonna follow the same structure it already has except with character/text changes.

Why? To make the game a little more unique.

Main Characters:

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload

Wonder Trade!!!

Last edited by Pinta77; September 9th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

WHAT THE HELL?! O.O
What kind of glitch is this? :D
Now this is interesting o.O :D
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinta77 View Post
Bah... ok. Time to stop cutting corners. The whole "come back from hoenn" thing was just an excuse to not change sprites. I've learned a lot more since the start, so I'm going to revamp the entire story. It'll be pretty much how it is now, except... er different. What I mean is it's gonna follow the same structure it already has except with character/text changes.

Why? To make the game a little more unique.

Main Characters:

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos_upload
Cool front sprites , however i like both custom and r/s/e styled sprites Add the new ones to make it unique.have you made the ow's yet ?

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:22 AM
aquarmor

cant wait for v1.0..it has been on 09 since a long time now..lol
Old September 11th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
I love how you're make new items and customizing older ones, it really makes the hack more interesting. On the other hand you should not mix FR/LG and R/S/E overworlds as it looks inconsistent and not very appealing. Your mapping could use a little bit of work too. I suggest heading over to the map rating thread, it's a tough crowd but they help point out some valid issues with maps.

Good luck. :)
Old September 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Ya my mapping really could use work. I'm kinda on the fence atm because im not sure if im going to do major tile changes or not. Either way, the mapping (among many other things) will be cleaned up eventually.

I have overworlds for the male character except for watering can and stuff, however i intend to add those. Female, i attempted to make some overworlds but i was having trouble.

Also, I am sick right now. I don't feel like doing much, so I'm going to take a couple days of of this project. =/ maybe i should go with Orange juice instead of soda. Lol

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Been kinda busy lately. But I've been working on Avery's (female character's) over world sprites. Ciel's (Male Character's) are done including the running shoes sprites except for watering can and a few other awkward animations, but I plan on doing those to because I don't like it when hackers don't make sprites for those animations >.<

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps16U7XzGZY

Working on secret bases. Not sure why, but before you place a decoration, he carries these missingno type things, but oh well.

Wonder Trade!!!

Last edited by Pinta77; September 29th, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:41 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Your hack looks very nice, especially the palette you change and the OWs
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:42 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Thank you =) this thread is almost irrelevant now. So much has changed fron when I first started. When it's finally done, you'll all get the full scoop hopefully on a hack show case thread.

Basically, I'm utilizing diving and secret bases. Rewriting the whole story, new characters, a new and insane professor, a few new pokemon, a few fakemon, some original pokemon sprite replacements and more. The only thing that's the same really is the main shape of the map and the gym leaders.

But for now this can be closed. Thank you all for taking a look. The final version will be here before you know it.

Wonder Trade!!!

Last edited by Pinta77; October 1st, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:24 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影
Community Supporter

Hi, IDK if you will read this considering that I am just re-editing a post. But I Think you should ask DrFuji in terms of locking this thread. I like your idea of Revamping the game. I also think you should come up with a more awesome name like something based on the main Pokemon of the game. For example, I want to use Lucario for the game, so I think of something based on what lucario can do, like Pokemon Aura Masters or something. If you need help with something, don't hesitate to ask for help! If you wanna reopen the team thread, I will be a faithful member. I can help you with tiles and I am rather good at digging out stuff. And a comment on your OW, it seems that you don't input enough shadows. Don't worry, it is a rookie OW Spriter mistake. Try using other OWs as a base. As always, I am available (not for until next friday cuzz of exams ): Not my fault!) if you need any help (doubt there is anything I know that you don't thou o.o). And I really hope you reopen the team thread and find FAITHFUL helpers! I am looking forward to your ultimate revamp and if you need help with the banners, I could make some for u thou im still new. Bye!

Last edited by Pinkish Purple; October 3rd, 2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
-Pikachu
Unhatched Egg

Great game cant wait for the full release

Old October 25th, 2012, 12:47 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Hey Pinta, may I please have permission to use your Wes Sprite in my romhack? I will give credit, and sorry if you see this as spam.
Old November 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

I didn't actually make the Wes Sprite. Here are the sheets the way I found them though.

I'm still working on this hack :> once it is a little bit better, I plan on getting a thread in the Hack Showcase

Wonder Trade!!!
Old November 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
RyeGuyXD
Pokemon Master Extraordinaire

Location: I think.. I live with the creepy Teddy Bear in your closet..
Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to RyeGuyXD
This game looks amazingly good. Except.. Your NOT the best spriter but better than me. Im currently working on a firered hack called Pokemon Dark Light version. And I CAN play through some glitches.
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Infernapelovers
Unhatched Egg

i'm playing it and when i battle with the girl on first time my NO$GBA is Crashed! please help me..
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:09 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernapelovers View Post
i'm playing it and when i battle with the girl on first time my NO$GBA is Crashed! please help me..
Try using VBA. In my opinion, VBA works well with most GBA hacks including this one.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Infernapelovers
Unhatched Egg

i'm done with it and i'm stuck in Juniper City because fog is in the gyms i can't look anything man... :'(
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links