• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] game won't open up.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I tried to open Pokemon Essentials by the game, and nothing happened. but when I opened the rxproj file of it, it said C:/Desktop/--whateverr contains an invalid path. it hasn't done this before, what is happening?!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Try to change the '?' at the folder name.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 29, 2020
Whenever I try to use Pokémon Essentials through RPG Maker XP, it says failed to load actor data. Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm getting worried since I put 150 hours into the game so far and nothing is working.

Years
Whenever I try to use Pokémon Essentials through RPG Maker XP, it says failed to load actor data. Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm getting worried since I put 150 hours into the game so far and nothing is working.
Try replacing the Actors.rxdata in your data folder with one that is default Essentials. Do the same for any other files it may ask you to.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 29, 2020
I thought your idea was great but by the time I was done replacing everything with fresh files, I basically copy and pasted a whole fresh data folder, therefore making my game not exist in those files. The only thing I was left with were the starting maps they give you to teach you how to use the program.

Years
I thought your idea was great but by the time I was done replacing everything with fresh files, I basically copy and pasted a whole fresh data folder, therefore making my game not exist in those files. The only thing I was left with were the starting maps they give you to teach you how to use the program.

So just try restoring your file from an old backup of your game then.

Back