The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 30th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Nature: Gentle
Oh.. Hope you will overcome this problem soon ! Good luck

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Nature: Calm
Update!

Good news! I have completed reinserting everything onto a new rom! I'll be getting back to advancing on this project, so expect an update within the next week or so.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:22 PM
Dimebag
Getcha' Pull !

Nature: Gentle
glad you managed to reinsert everything

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 11th, 2012, 02:43 AM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Update!

I've been working on implementing dive. Dive now functions for when you want to go underwater, and will soon support emerging from underwater.

Here are some screens:

^Dive will function for any of the dark spots

^The Seaweed is not animated yet, but it will be soon!

It won't be long before dive is fully functioning. I guess I might upload a video of it working if anyone is interested in seeing it.

I'll probably be ready to update again in the next few days.

Last edited by shinyabsol1; September 17th, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: fixed image
Old September 11th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely
Nice stuff. I'm quite interested in the fact you were able to get dive to work in fire red, is that a full animation or just a warp? Lastly did you make your own world map and trainer sprite? They look well done :)
Old September 11th, 2012, 06:13 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignment
Nice stuff. I'm quite interested in the fact you were able to get dive to work in fire red, is that a full animation or just a warp? Lastly did you make your own world map and trainer sprite? They look well done
The dive script works by warping. It takes the player's X/Y coordinates, and warps them to that location on an underwater map (sounds simple, but there is a ton of other stuff that goes into getting it to work properly).

And yes, the world map and hero sprites are both made by me. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam3r!
Sweet ! New update ! it looks really good ! Looking forward for more
Thanks
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:43 PM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
The dive script works by warping. It takes the player's X/Y coordinates, and warps them to that location on an underwater map (sounds simple, but there is a ton of other stuff that goes into getting it to work properly).
Really nice script but I'd also like to know something more about it

So how are you going to implement "being able to return," ? Will each position you can "surf on" lead to a water block in "upper world" when used Dive to return? First I got the idea that you're going to compare your current (x,y) location to some list values for being able to use Dive. That wouldn't have been a great idea at all...

Also, "warp-to-points" during warps can't be determined as ram addresses, right? They're just [Map Number (2 bytes)] [X location] [Y location]. So how did you manage it to load the current (x,y) value as part of the warp-script? Assembly? Or a trigger event on each position in the "upper world" map where you can use Dive? That wouldn't explain the way how using Dive in the underworld map (practically) could be implemented though.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
Old September 11th, 2012, 10:27 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

It would be a bit difficult for me to explain exactly how it works (efficiently), but I'll try to answer your questions as best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91
So how are you going to implement "being able to return," ? Will each position you can "surf on" lead to a water block in "upper world" when used Dive to return? First I got the idea that you're going to compare your current (x,y) location to some list values for being able to use Dive. That wouldn't have been a great idea at all...
In the "upper world", the script will take the x/y coordinates of the player and warp the player accordingly to an underwater map. The same is true for the underwater map. So the coordinates of where you can dive from on one map must match up with the coordinates of where you can resurface from underwater on another map.

Oh yeah, and dive/emerge are their own separate scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91
Also, "warp-to-points" during warps can't be determined as ram addresses, right? They're just [Map Number (2 bytes)] [X location] [Y location]. So how did you manage it to load the current (x,y) value as part of the warp-script? Assembly? Or a trigger event on each position in the "upper world" map where you can use Dive? That wouldn't explain the way how using Dive in the underworld map (practically) could be implemented though.
I have made use of one of JPAN's specials to make it work properly. Special 0x7F - get tile attribute. Hard to explain, but by checking whether or not a certain tile has water encounter potential I can make it work. I should also mention that the dive/emerge script is activated using JPAN's behavior byte hack.

Hope that helps you understand somewhat!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:26 AM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Update!

Forest area. Yes, I am aware of the tile errors/missing tiles.

Cave area

A few 4th gen Pokemon that I have inserted thus far. Credit for the sprites to Chaos Rush!

I have also been recoloring some Pokemon.

---

Also, I will be uploading a video of dive working at some point today!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
godlesplay

change this orange background please ! :D
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlesplay
change this orange background please !
I have heard this criticism before. What color would look better?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
SK3
Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to SK3
Looking awesome, I really like your tiles and the backgrounds, keep up the good work!

Pokemon
Daydream White version

Want to help out? Just PM or VM me!

Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
godlesplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyabsol1 View Post
I have heard this criticism before. What color would look better?
maybe light blue or simply - white ?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK3
Looking awesome, I really like your tiles and the backgrounds, keep up the good work!
Thanks!

Quote:
maybe light blue or simply - white ?
Well, I don't know about white (seems a bit bright to me), but light blue could work. Here, I quickly edited the color and uploaded it. How about that?

Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
godlesplay

now is much better ! and maybe change green triangle to blue
Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
now is much better ! and maybe change green triangle to blue
I'll work on getting the colors to go better together today. Perhaps I'll upload a screen later when I get the dive video up.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Here's the video showing dive that I promised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ilF...ature=youtu.be

Sorry...no clue how to embed that
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Errrrhmaaaahgerrd, that is so damn sweet! You're an awesome scripter! This page should get more views ):
Old September 24th, 2012, 01:00 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

i dont know if you fixed the tile error its screenshot 6, ut theres a tile error. awesome screens ! lol nice to see someone working hard. goodluck!

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple
Errrrhmaaaahgerrd, that is so damn sweet! You're an awesome scripter! This page should get more views ):
Thanks!

While I did do all of the work figuring out how to get it to function properly, some credit for the way dive works should go to Gamefreak (for the base dive script that saved me a bunch of time) and to JPAN (for the special that allows this to work). Just remember that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters
i dont know if you fixed the tile error its screenshot 6, ut theres a tile error. awesome screens ! lol nice to see someone working hard. goodluck!
Any tile errors that appear in the screenshots on the first page have been fixed.

Thanks for the compliments

---

Also, (for anyone who has seen the dive video), you will have noticed that there are tiles that do nothing when "A" is pressed on them, yet they still make the clicking noise. It is a minor bug that I cannot fix (except, perhaps, with ASM --- which I don't know).
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
This is AMAZING! A hack this awesome should be spammed with hundreds and hundreds of people! Really looking forward to this! Keep up the great work, would love to see this through to the end!

And hopefully someone will be kind enough to make a banner, or you can do it yourself maybe, because I want this in my signature. I would make one but it would turn out horribly and just make the hack look like complete crap.

Also, in my opinion, I think you should stick with just 1 rival or 2, I fine it annoying when some hacks have 5.

Last edited by Al3X; September 24th, 2012 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Rival
Old September 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3X
This is AMAZING! A hack this awesome should be spammed with hundreds and hundreds of people! Really looking forward to this! Keep up the great work, would love to see this through to the end!
Thanks! I really want to finish this project, but people will have to be patient. I posted somewhere in the thread that I thought I could get a beta out by the end of September and...well, here we are and I can say for sure now that it will not happen. Life has become busy over the past few weeks, and my progress has slowed.

Quote:
And hopefully someone will be kind enough to make a banner, or you can do it yourself maybe, because I want this in my signature. I would make one but it would turn out horribly and just make the hack look like complete crap.
Ya know, maybe I will work on a banner when I have time. But if anyone does want to make one for me, go ahead.

Quote:
Also, in my opinion, I think you should stick with just 1 rival or 2, I fine it annoying when some hacks have 5.
eh...did I put something about lots of rivals somewhere? I don't see it...

It doesn't matter, though, only 2 are planned
Old September 26th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

I made you a userbar! Idk about you but I am gonna use it till someone makes a professional userbar for you. I am gonna wear it in my signature! I'll get PokemonMasters, Alignment and maybe teejermiester, Mikachu or even Mavy42 to wear it for you!

Last edited by Pinkish Purple; September 26th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:44 PM
shinyabsol1
Pokemon DarkJasper!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple
I made you a userbar! Idk about you but I am gonna use it till someone makes a professional userbar for you. I am gonna wear it in my signature! I'll get PokemonMasters, Alignment and maybe teejermiester, Mikachu or even Mavy42 to wear it for you!
Thanks Pinkish Purple, it looks really good! Professional enough for me!

You don't need to get people to use the banner for me, though. It should really be their decision as to whether they want to show their support for my hack
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Aww, don't mention it PokemonMasters is my best pal so I sort of force him to do some stuff

Sponsored Links