• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Lolfail that was only post 460.

Anyway, the missing legendaries from Gen V highly suggest a Kanto remake with Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza catchable, instead of a Hoenn remake. No legendaries from Gen I/II are catchable in Gen V, except for Ho-Oh and Lugia if you count Dream Radar. As a comparison, the Regi trio and Lati@s were catchable in BW2.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I was thinking about the whole Unova Link feature...particularly the white forest/black city and golem chambers.

In regards to RS remakes. If they were to do more copy&past-ish remakes than I could stand, I just figured this could be a way of putting Emerald into games with Kyogre and Groudon covers (I repeat, just putting E into RS like they did with C does not work, regardless of everyone thinking its no problem. It is. gamefreak doesnt half-ass their main games.).
They could for example have the "Emerald key" working like this:
Say you had Ruby2, beat team Magma, catch Groudon, no Rayquaza anywhere, do the E4, defeat Steven as champ, but get the Emerald key, which you can send to another RS2 game without a save file. So you get a Sapphire2, get that Emerald key over, essentially turning your Sapphire2 into Emerald2, with both villains, the whole Rayquaza plot and of course enabling capture of Kyogre and Rayquaza to compliment your first game.
Thats the only way I can see plain remakes even being considered. If they wouldnt do at least that, they better not even try this cause it will be an awful mess.

Not to mention itd make a percentage of people buy both versions for this reason. lol
But I still hope itd be at least sequels if anything...its time for plain remakes to become history. As RSE are EXACTLY as old as the first remakes, this is the moment to replace this concept with something worthwhile, just like it was the time for third versions to make room for something new.

Lolfail that was only post 460.

Anyway, the missing legendaries from Gen V highly suggest a Kanto remake with Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza catchable, instead of a Hoenn remake. No legendaries from Gen I/II are catchable in Gen V, except for Ho-Oh and Lugia if you count Dream Radar. As a comparison, the Regi trio and Lati@s were catchable in BW2.

Look, they have been in HGSS just prior BW.
And perhaps it also makes a difference that they arent simple ~600ish legendaries that are just "Dragonites in their final stage". I mean, stuff like Heatran & co, is "oh look, this guy. fun. ima get a good natured one for competitive battling!", while these ancient uber mascots are more like "oh **** there is Groudon in this game O:!"

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
In regards to RS remakes. If they were to do more copy&past-ish remakes than I could stand, I just figured this could be a way of putting Emerald into games with Kyogre and Groudon covers (I repeat, just putting E into RS like they did with C does not work, regardless of everyone thinking its no problem. It is. gamefreak doesnt half-ass their main games.).
They could for example have the "Emerald key" working like this:
Say you had Ruby2, beat team Magma, catch Groudon, no Rayquaza anywhere, do the E4, defeat Steven as champ, but get the Emerald key, which you can send to another RS2 game without a save file. So you get a Sapphire2, get that Emerald key over, essentially turning your Sapphire2 into Emerald2, with both villains, the whole Rayquaza plot and of course enabling capture of Kyogre and Rayquaza to compliment your first game.
Thats the only way I can see plain remakes even being considered. If they wouldnt do at least that, they better not even try this cause it will be an awful mess.

Of course it won't be easy, but it could also bring something new to the table if they were to try to make separate games based on the originals with Emerald thrown in. Made a suggestion a while back on how I feel they could do it. What I thought of basically was:

You start out early encountering both teams, then you decide to only pursue one(maybe at Mauville or something a little sooner, so it won't seem so much like Emerald) because of both being a bit much for you to handle, only to find out that that slowed you down enough to where you couldn't fully stop them from awaking your version's legend(the other team doing whatever it is they are doing to awaken the other). The other mascot is unleashed first causing the mass rainfall/drought, while your version's is unleashed not too far after....big fight starts... Can't really think up a way to end the big fight though, since apparently Rayquaza would have to be the one to end it(which would make it too Emerald some believe; yea I know...), or you could have it so somehow your mascot ends up the last one standing for you to finish (which would ruin it just as much, or so is another belief).

About the only problem I see with the whole thing though is that people would complain that it is more like a different game than the originals(just because of the 'throwing in' being more complicated than Crystal in HGSS) if they were to do such a thing. I personally would see it as very welcome if they were to fix up the story a bit, the originals seemed a bit...off, if you get what I mean. Remakes should build upon and improve the story of the original, so why not start it with the games that really brought up the more complex storylines? Or maybe that's how I see it.

But I still hope itd be at least sequels if anything...its time for plain remakes to become history. As RSE are EXACTLY as old as the first remakes, this is the moment to replace this concept with something worthwhile, just like it was the time for third versions to make room for something new.

After thinking about it, I wouldn't mind if there were sequels...after remakes(so they could be just as up-to-date as the new adventure, for newer players and as a remake for those who love Gen 3). At least that way they could end remakes right, imo(if they even plan to). Just can't be sure

Look, they have been in HGSS just prior BW.
And perhaps it also makes a difference that they arent simple ~600ish legendaries that are just "Dragonites in their final stage". I mean, stuff like Heatran & co, is "oh look, this guy. fun. ima get a good natured one for competitive battling!", while these ancient uber mascots are more like "oh **** there is Groudon in this game O:!"

Lolwut?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Speculative Opinions…

Of course it won't be easy, but it could also bring something new to the table if they were to try to make separate games based on the originals with Emerald thrown in.

About the only problem I see with the whole thing though is that people would complain that it is more like a different game than the originals (just because of the 'throwing in' being more complicated than Crystal in HGSS) if they were to do such a thing. I personally would see it as very welcome if they were to fix up the story a bit, the originals seemed a bit...off, if you get what I mean. Remakes should build upon and improve the story of the original, so why not start it with the games that really brought up the more complex storylines? Or maybe that's how I see it.

After thinking about it, I wouldn't mind if there were sequels...after remakes(so they could be just as up-to-date as the new adventure, for newer players and as a remake for those who love Gen 3). At least that way they could end remakes right, imo (if they even plan to). Just can't be sure.

I agree with you that GameFreak should take great care in remaking Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Versions into professionally-designed, modern games for the Nintendo 3DS while still preserving the experiences that these games provided to their original fans for a new generation, C Payne. The company did, however, make these remakes more difficult to create when it released Pokeémon Emerald Version with too many differences in its plot from Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Versions. Although Emerald may have successfully merged the disparate plots of Ruby and Sapphire while still managing to add new features for players to access from the beloved expanses of the Hoenn region, it did so in a manner that caused players to become confused over which version of the Hoenn storyline actually pertained to the Pokémon franchise's accepted timeline for the main series of handheld RPGs. The remakes should resolve these conflicts, but we, as fans and players of the main Pokémon games, cannot expect to comprehend exactly how GameFreak's developers and designers intend to resolve the stories told by Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald into one cohesive whole ready to be split in two once more. We may speculate on this matter as we have done so far in this thread, and GameFreak may scour discussions like ours for ideas; but I do not believe that we can expect to know the complete plot outline of the RSE remakes before any details about them leak out of GameFreak and Nintendo (either accidentally through unofficial sources like CoroCoro magazine or intentionally through press releases or information distributed via company websites.)
On the other hand, I don't think that it hurts even a little bit if we forum members try to figure out what might happen in regard to the RSE remakes even if what we may guess turns out to be wishful thinking. Perhaps we could figure out the reasoning behind the changes to the Hoenn storyline that took place with the release of Emerald in addition to those that GameFreak had to make in order to merge Ruby and Sapphire into it. Or maybe we could guess how the remakes will implement functionality that we have come to expect from Pokémon franchise over the course of the releases that have occurred since those of Generation III's main entries and director's cut. For example, the Nintendo DS allowed Generations IV and V to accommodate extensive online functionality. What new wireless features will the RSEmakes bring to the table? I hope to see the implementation of local and online tournament match-ups on the level of those hosted by the Pokémon World Championship Series so as to integrate the games more thoroughly into this competition. I also would like to see the return of the player character's ability to have Pokémon travel with him or her outside of their Poké Balls.

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
You should really just keep it in notes until it's fully ready as using a spoiler for that makes it so tempting to read, haha(even more so when you say not to read it and when you don't finish it for a long time like last time).

I didn't read the whole thing, but I did read a little and stopped...at the whole timeline thing. We have no official timeline really, everyone's just always trying to piece things together and it just causes kind of a mess sometimes. We're more into what the games will be about rather than trying to fit them into anything. I do admit it is tough to really try to combine the originals with Emerald. I guess what we can say, though, is that the latter seems to fit better as the real story behind the gen(with some touching up I hope).

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Yeah seriously, why post half of it x_x

But I really don't see it working any other way than the "Emerald key".

If they were gonna fix it by changing main parts of the story, they might as well make new games instead or remakes.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I didn't mean huge huge changes, I meant they could basically be emerald-like at the start but have you end up getting involved with/crossing paths with your version's team much more than the other(completely leaving the other team to do whatever it is they're doing while you decide to pursue one), which would keep it more in tune with the originals' story nearly the rest of the way. It would keep that up until the big battle part, which is one of the main things that would be tough to decide how it would play out(Rayquaza is supposed to calm both down, but then that would take away the spotlight from your mascot).

I think we'd end up having little additions like with the HGSS plot anyhow. After all, wasn't it mentioned that they shouldn't remake the exact same game(not implying that there would be crazy big changes but more like improvements)? That may not have been directed at a topic like this but, imo, it would fit well here.

I like the Emerald Key idea and it would no doubt get me to buy both versions but it seems silly that you'd pretty much be forced to buy both versions to get the improved plot(all the extra money it'd make aside).

What if we were to get one half of the Emerald key after the main story(either Ruby2 or Sapphire2, as you call them), which would be random for each player, then we'd have to obtain the other from someone else(or something) through WiFi? That could unlock Emerald Mode, so you could play through the improved plot. It could still have a different roster depending on the main version you have so trading would be a must either way.

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I didn't mean huge huge changes, I meant they could basically be emerald-like at the start but have you end up getting involved with/crossing paths with your version's team much more than the other(completely leaving the other team to do whatever it is they're doing while you decide to pursue one), which would keep it more in tune with the originals' story nearly the rest of the way. It would keep that up until the big battle part, which is one of the main things that would be tough to decide how it would play out(Rayquaza is supposed to calm both down, but then that would take away the spotlight from your mascot).

I think we'd end up having little additions like with the HGSS plot anyhow. After all, wasn't it mentioned that they shouldn't remake the exact same game(not implying that there would be crazy big changes but more like improvements)? That may not have been directed at a topic like this but, imo, it would fit well here.

I like the Emerald Key idea and it would no doubt get me to buy both versions but it seems silly that you'd pretty much be forced to buy both versions to get the improved plot(all the extra money it'd make aside).

What if we were to get one half of the Emerald key after the main story(either Ruby2 or Sapphire2, as you call them), which would be random for each player, then we'd have to obtain the other from someone else(or something) through WiFi? That could unlock Emerald Mode, so you could play through the improved plot. It could still have a different roster depending on the main version you have so trading would be a must either way.

The problem is that it should require you to have no save file. I mean unlocking Emerald on a half-played game shouldn't be possible.

It does not seems silly to me at all, because the second one you are buying is essentially not the other version but Emerald. And besides you could always just buy one and get your key from someone else, just like with Challenge mode in BW2.
I really could see this happening. It fixes every single issue of RS remakes, and fits the usual plans of making money via more versions. The only question is whether gamefreak figures out this idea (which shouldnt be hard with the very recent introductions f the key system) and of course whether they even intend to release any Hoenn based games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I imagine two emerald remakes but the mascot flees to origin cave. Though not all ends there, perhaps they could add another item we need to get forcing us to return to Mt.Pyre than return to catch our legendary. Or perhaps they push the mascot to post game like in B2W2.

Also there were 3D models in corocoro for the following issue (not this one the next) depicting 3D models...perhaps it's remakes, Gen VI or a wii U game.

blue

gucci
Years
I imagine two emerald remakes but the mascot flees to origin cave. Though not all ends there, perhaps they could add another item we need to get forcing us to return to Mt.Pyre than return to catch our legendary. Or perhaps they push the mascot to post game like in B2W2.

Also there were 3D models in corocoro for the following issue (not this one the next) depicting 3D models...perhaps it's remakes, Gen VI or a wii U game.

Ooh, I just saw this on Serebii after reading your post. It's always interesting when there is a possible upcoming game, let's hope for remakes as unlikely as it may be giving the time of year. Imagine if it was a Wii U Pokemon Colosseum, I would love that.

Years
Ooh, I just saw this on Serebii after reading your post. It's always interesting when there is a possible upcoming game, let's hope for remakes as unlikely as it may be giving the time of year. Imagine if it was a Wii U Pokemon Colosseum, I would love that.
True...unless they really do plan on releasing games quicker...than again we have yet to have a Colosseum game for this generation.

If it's remakes though it'll be nice to finally be getting some news on them...maybe they will come out in december in time for the 10th anniversity...

blue

gucci
Years
True...unless they really do plan on releasing games quicker...than again we have yet to have a Colosseum game for this generation.

If it's remakes though it'll be nice to finally be getting some news on them...maybe they will come out in december in time for the 10th anniversity...

That was my thoughs, but releasing information and the games within a space of three months is pushing it slightly. I think it will be spread across 2013, announcement early Spring 2013 and then followed by a release 4 months later in Summer.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I decided that I'd make a little educated guess on when we might expect the RES remake to be released based on some date I collected.

Here's the data that I collected based on Wikipedia/Bulbapedia for release dates. I had trouble finding the dates that the games were announced in Japan, but I was able to find some reliable sources for BW and BW2.

The data:

Spoiler:

Now for the estimates:

Announced for Japan...
...as soon as 1/23/13
...as late as 11/29/13
...best estimated around June 2013

(2 pieces of data using the days in between the announce date and the Japanese release date preceding it.)

Released in Japan...
...as soon as 2/9/13
...as late as 7/5/14
...best estimated around November 2013

(7 pieces of data using the days in between each Japanese release)

Released in North America...
...as soon as 5/29/13
...as late as 9/28/14
...best estimated around February 2014
(7 pieces of date using the days in between each North American release)

Years
Japan usually releases games in september minus B2W2 which were curve balls (no pun intended). So perhaps remakes will be released around than...maybe August if they want to speed things up.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Say... with the latest Mystery Dungeon game going the 3DS... could that possibly indicate that they may plan to release all futre Mainstream Pokemon games on the 3DS?

........ seriously. Imagine the underwater areas in THREEDEE.

... and FTR, I really hate the 3DS. But if they did that in RSE Remakes, i will pick up a 3DSXL in a HEARTBEAT!

Years
Hmm it used to be November but than it was pushed up two months so perhaps from now on games will be on June after B2W2...who knows :/

I would love to see the cut scene in 3D for the battle amongst the weather trio members, perhaps they could make it longer compared to the GBA version.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
i dont think there is gonna be RSE remake
since i heard from some rumors that the anime only run for 3 years
so idk , i hope we get it the reamake but i dont put hope to much

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
With the new Mystery Dungeon games hitting first, I'm pushing my estimated dates back. We'll most likely hear about it in February or March for a Fall release in 2013 since the MD game is being released this fall/winter in Japan, we'll prolly get international ones in spring so the earliest I see the next Main games is Mid to late Fall in Japan and Spring/Summer for International.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back