Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games
Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 12th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis

Advertise here
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

A new 3DS game has been announced! Apparently it is called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. It says that the Magnagates are when you scan for "things" and they appear and lead you to new dungeons. Not much is known about it at this point but it does include 3D Pokemon (obviously) and Pokemon from Gen 5. Apparently the starter is Pikachu and you have 4 Partner choices: Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig.

What do you think of this? Excited? Scared? What do you think the "Infinite Labyrinth" is? You think it's really a PMD, and that they'll be as good as the others? What do you think will be included? Discuss go go go!

(Sydian if this doesn't qualify for a new thread please merge it with Gen 5 PMD!)

If this is all true, I think they made a horrible choice by forcing the player to be Pikachu. Personally I don't even like Pikachu, so being forced to play as it? I liked the starter choice of PMD because each time you played it the game was actually different, like for PMD1, if you chose a Machop you were screwed for the couple of boss battles (Legendary birds) but if you were Squirtle, it was soo much easier. Pikachu? There won't even be the quiz at the beginning =/ Idk the starter/partner is the only thing I have an opinion on as of right now lmao, everything else looks pretty interesting!
showdown, gallery, anime, & family
Old September 12th, 2012, 10:34 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
It's been confirmed, it's a new PMD game after so long it's finally here: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Stand for Life
Old September 12th, 2012, 11:43 PM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Calm
The fact that it's in full 3D makes me even more excited to hear more about it, I hope the rest of us don't have to wait too much longer for it. Have been waiting on a new Mystery Dungeon forever!
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
The sound of broken hearts and dashed dreams make it hard to think. XD (Please VM or PM if you wanna know what I'm talking about.)

So many things about this one I just don't know.

What do they mean by full 3D? Different than Rumble Blast?

The AR thing is horribly gimmicky. Looks cool and all, but I don't know where I stand with it. If you are forced to find things to unlock doors, that could be annoying.
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I'm excited and disappointed at the same time.
I'm excited that new PMD will be released and 5th gen Pokémon will be there but that's about all...
I mean... starting with Pikachu? Seriously? That will be pain in the butt...
No quiz, not enough patner Pokémon (we all will choose Kibago anyways, aren't we? Since we probably won't be able to evolve again, Kibago is the only useful choice...)
We need more informations... but it seems to be step back... and it doesn't seem to fulfill the promise of possible 5th gen PMD...
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Khrysta

For the very first one for the 3DS given the complexity of the Map feature, I can't really blame them for narrowing down what you can choose from. Pikachu as the main character...probably because Pikachu didn't get any real face time in Unova other than the blow up one in Nimbasa XD.

Then again this is all from initial scan. We still don't really know much so there can be more, they just used Pikachu and his choices were Snivy, Axew, Oshawott or Tepig.

I don't really mind either way as I'm more interested in the story and battle mechanics~
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:09 AM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
I'm very excited about this, I love all the PMD games, I think what Serebii meant was that the main Pokemon(you) can be one of those five. The exact words from Serebii are: "Possible Pokémon are Pikachu, Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig." But, I'm just assuming.
Anyways, it would be unfair to make you be Pikachu, I like Pikachu, but playing as Pikachu EVERY TIME would get annoying.

I also wonder who the main antagonist would be.

I really wanna see other people's thoughts.
Old September 13th, 2012, 02:25 AM
C Payne
Hoenn in 3D!
Community Supporter Tier 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
What do they mean by full 3D? Different than Rumble Blast?
By full 3D I guess they're referring to it being the first in the Mystery Dungeon series. The pokemon actually have full figured bodies this time also, rather than the blocky toy look of the ones from PRB; everything looks smoother really.
Don't you think Hoenn deserves to be at least this beautiful?

Source: http://pokemon-diamond.deviantart.co...-map-251951922
Old September 13th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
I'm so psyched. Kay. It's decided. I'm getting a 3DS for this. Lol. But seriously.
Yeah that is pretty dumb we gotta use pikachu...

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:20 AM
oshawottlover13

I was just informed that there Is going to be another Pokemon mystery dungeon!!! It's called: Pokemon mystery dungeon: magnagate and the infinite labyrinth!! It's named after the augmented reality of the 3ds. Oh and it's playable on the 3ds and only for the 3ds!
<When Whitney sends out Miltank

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:33 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I never played the second set of mystery dungeons but these sound quite intriguing. Is there any more info out on them?
Roleplay Corner|Forum Games|Pairs|Sig|Arch Nemesis|Pie
"I don't need a quote, I need pie" - Gimmepie
Old September 13th, 2012, 04:51 AM
iLoveHate
Hmmmmmm.... :D

Send a message via Skype™ to iLoveHate
Awesome :D. Still playing PMD Sky though
One does not simply make a pokemon hack
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Finally! I've really been waiting for this one.
Old September 13th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Yay! Another spin off I'm likely going to skip out on! :) Unless there's something really interesting about this one, gonna skip out on it lol.

paired to crono
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:37 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

I've been waiting a long time for PMD4. Let's hope this gets an English release, since PMD3 didn't.
YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | ??? (Coming soon!)

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I've been waiting a long time for PMD4. Let's hope this gets an English release, since PMD3 didn't.
I'm pretty sure that it will be, PMD3 wasn't as mainstream as this one.
Old September 13th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
YES. FINALLY OMFG. I hope they include every Pokemon. It might be a bit of a stretch having to make all 649 Pokemon + their forms, but hopefully they'll have them all. @__@

Now this is the reason I've been waiting for to get myself a 3DS.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Nineray
Green Okido

Nature: Brave
When I read this I jumped around and cheered for about 20 minutes. I'm sooooooo happy if this doesn't get a english release im going to learn Japanese. As for Pikachu i hope they at least give us Volt Tackle at the beginning otherwise im going to hate the main game unless you get to change your pokemon. After every misson. I know my parents aren't going to buy me a 3ds so looks like im gonna get a job. :D
Trainers love their Pokemon regardless of generation.

3DS FC-5429-8520-6595
Pokemon Black FC-2753-4694-1196

Avatar Credit goes to the creator.
Old September 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapras* View Post
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

A new 3DS game has been announced! Apparently it is called Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. It says that the Magnagates are when you scan for "things" and they appear and lead you to new dungeons. Not much is known about it at this point but it does include 3D Pokemon (obviously) and Pokemon from Gen 5
YES!*fan girl scream*
Quote:
. Apparently the starter is Pikachu and you have 4 Partner choices: Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig.
Are you sure that this is correct? According to Serebii it says:
Quote:
Not much is known about this game yet, but it is the first Mystery Dungeon game to feature Pokémon native to Unova and has the Pokémon in full 3D. As usual, it as you play as a character who turns into a Pokémon. Possible Pokémon can be Pikachu, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott or Axew.
Hopefully that means that we can play as any of those five...
Quote:
What do you think of this? Excited? Scared? What do you think the "Infinite Labyrinth" is? You think it's really a PMD, and that they'll be as good as the others? What do you think will be included? Discuss go go go!

(Sydian if this doesn't qualify for a new thread please merge it with Gen 5 PMD!)

If this is all true, I think they made a horrible choice by forcing the player to be Pikachu. Personally I don't even like Pikachu, so being forced to play as it? I liked the starter choice of PMD because each time you played it the game was actually different, like for PMD1, if you chose a Machop you were screwed for the couple of boss battles (Legendary birds) but if you were Squirtle, it was soo much easier. Pikachu? There won't even be the quiz at the beginning =/ Idk the starter/partner is the only thing I have an opinion on as of right now lmao, everything else looks pretty interesting!
I'm excited (obviously). I hope they don't make Pikachu the designated starter, since I hate Pikachu will all my guts (in case you didn't know by now) Its seeming more and more like another Pokepark to me just on another console. The whole reason I play PMD is so that I can be a Pokemon I like, such as Treecko in the original PMD and Piplup in Time and Darkness. Other than that, it would be nice if it were on the normal DS, but I suppose that I would have had to get a 3DS at some point anyway. :/
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 13th, 2012, 12:15 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
This is the game I've been waiting for so long. :D

What really disappointed me here was the fact that Pikachu could be the only starter Pokemon playable, with the Unova starters and Axew as partners. I would've liked it if the other 12 starters, plus a select few regular Pokemon, were available as starters and the one you'd become would be determined by a quiz, just like the past 2 games.

If I had a choice between all 4 available partners, I'd choose Oshawott or Axew, the former for having a varied level up movepool and the latter for the early Dragon Rage.

Old September 13th, 2012, 12:16 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I'm hoping there's more apart from the five speculated starters. Perhaps eevee will be one too as too of it's evolutions were with Axew and co. in the announcement.
Stand for Life
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
What really disappointed me here was the fact that Pikachu could be the only starter Pokemon playable, with the Unova starters and Axew as partners.
Just like I said above, it would be just unfair, and what I assumed when I first read it was that you get to choose or take a quiz for one of those five, exact words from Serebii are: "Possible Pokémon are Pikachu, Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
If I had a choice between all 4 available partners, I'd choose Oshawott or Axew, the former for having a varied level up movepool and the latter for the early Dragon Rage.
I agree with you. I personally love Axew because he's cute and Haxorus looks awesome. Oshawott definitely comes second for me.
Old September 13th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm hoping there's more apart from the five speculated starters. Perhaps eevee will be one too as too of it's evolutions were with Axew and co. in the announcement.
I agree, I doubt that they'd have Espeon and Umbreon there randomly, however that could be the case and they could just be having Pikachu as your main Pokemon and an Unova starter as your partner.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Khrysta

They also wouldn't have been evolved if it was a starter choice seeing as you can't evolve until after you've beaten the game in all the others. Espeon and Umbreon are probably some core characters to the story or some NPCs.
Old September 13th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

There will be definitely more than five starters, I'd guess around twelve shared from each Generation/Region.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here