The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted September 9th, 2012 (04:05 PM).
ThatIceman
Togepi

want the conclusion? Ash is a total fully noob with no skills even after he traveled all the regions and went to orange islands and defeated alot of GYM leaders and made his pikachu level 100 or something after all this time and he never evolved him and he always had the excuse " I love pokemon " and he is always 10 years old even after 15 years in real life and probably like 30 year in the anime timeline .. because ash overcame 3 months in 2 episodes o-o of the firist Season .. so yea... and team rocket is always stupid and in BW he is kinda nice but yea .. so the main conclusion is Ash is a noob and always going to be a noob and pikachu is a totally weak pokemon at season of the anime
Old Posted September 11th, 2012 (10:25 AM).
kokotko
雷君

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to kokotko
I don't think that Ash got lamer in the later gens. I'm falling behind a lot(watching Advanced Battle) and still notice that Ash gets most of his badges based on some kind of magic handicap imposed on his opponents. When I watched him get his fifth badge I almost swore never to watch that serie again. The way he beat the leader's ultra experienced Swellow by his freshly evolved, after getting punched down like hell, he 1HKOd the foe with aerial ace...
Now say what do you think about it,

ポケットモンスター RULEZ!!!
Gotta experience 'em all!
Old Posted September 13th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
weedle_mchairybug

Originally Posted by kokotko View Post
I don't think that Ash got lamer in the later gens. I'm falling behind a lot(watching Advanced Battle) and still notice that Ash gets most of his badges based on some kind of magic handicap imposed on his opponents. When I watched him get his fifth badge I almost swore never to watch that serie again. The way he beat the leader's ultra experienced Swellow by his freshly evolved, after getting punched down like hell, he 1HKOd the foe with aerial ace...
Now say what do you think about it,
Yeah, I know. And it's even more insulting when you remember that one of the previous main characters (Misty) was forced off the show to become a Gym Leader, and via a very poorly-thought out reason to boot. Having Gym Leaders lose to pokemon in a manner that is far too similar to JJM's losses (eg, losing to pokemon that they not only are fully capable of beating, but literally anyone can beat, remember how JJM lost really pathetically to Ash's caterpie despite their pokemon being vastly stronger and more experienced than it, but also it being severly weakened from an earlier fight with a Pidgeotto, the same one that they beat?) really cheapens their purpose. It's almost as though they're deliberately trashing on her character by doing that. I won't forgive the writers for that.
Old Posted September 13th, 2012 (03:33 PM).
kokotko
雷君

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to kokotko
Yup, many gym battles, aiming to present Ash's innovative and experimental ways of winning actually wind up making the leaders look like total n00bs. It's quite foolish as they should provide much harder challenges. Guess the writers sometimes run out of ideas...
As for Kasumi, according to me, she was a very good character. I actually cried in the episode Gotta catch ya later, knowing she would leave the trio. Anyway, I think Haruka and Masato are good, too

ポケットモンスター RULEZ!!!
Gotta experience 'em all!
Old Posted September 13th, 2012 (03:40 PM).
weedle_mchairybug

Originally Posted by kokotko View Post
Yup, many gym battles, aiming to present Ash's innovative and experimental ways of winning actually wind up making the leaders look like total n00bs. It's quite foolish as they should provide much harder challenges. Guess the writers sometimes run out of ideas...
As for Kasumi, according to me, she was a very good character. I actually cried in the episode Gotta catch ya later, knowing she would leave the trio. Anyway, I think Haruka and Masato are good, too :)
I never said I felt May or Max were good. Actually, just between you and me,
Spoiler:
I severely disliked May largely because her character and design reminded me far too much of the female anime stereotype that was often depicted in anime, including the other female contestants in the Pokemon episode Princess vs. Princess, or how the female characters behaved in Love Hina.

Either way, it was bad. Even worse considering how they're treating Gym Leaders now, and not only that, but they actually kept Brock even though Pewter Gym was in far WORSE condition than Cerulean Gym ever was. At least Cerulean Gym had the problem with Misty's sisters being gone for three months. Going by what was shown by Lola's horrible management of Pewter Gym, it's a surprise that it even remained operable, especially in light of it failing two out of three parts of the basic exam (uncool and unsafe. You know what I'm talking about).
Old Posted November 8th, 2012 (03:13 AM).
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Ash is a good trainer, but at the same time a bad trainer. He's good to his Pokemon and trains them well, but he's also, er, not wise about his decisions. He has a good battling strategy, but it's not as great as the others'. It's 50-50 for me, but I don't think he's a noob anymore.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links