The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild

Advertise here
BW079: Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!
Airs: May 3rd.

Summary

"In Astilbe Town, Ash and his friends meet a boy called Suwama. He is the former Trainer of the Tepig Ash is currently raising and abandoned Tepig because he thought it had no talent for battles. To prove how useless Tepig is, Suwama challenges Satoshi to a double battle."

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old April 7th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I bet this is the episode with Tepig evolving, just watch this space...

At least we'll finally see Tepig's Trainer.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old April 8th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Oooo! This episode does seem really interesting. I can't wait to catch this. I agree with Hikari10, if it isn't this episode I'll be disappointed. I'm guessing the Emboar will belong to Suwama.

What should really happen though, is Ash call an officer Jenny or something, telling her what he did to Tepig (tie it up and left it to starve) then he should be locked up for Pokémon Cruelty or something. :x

Old April 8th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

This is a much better time for Tepig to evolve then against Brycen. It seems to set up well for Tepig to face it former trainer. I am just curious as too who well team up with Tepig, hoping for Palpitoad, Boldore, Krokorok. Regardless of who it is I don't get the feeling that this will end up in a win for Ash.

Old April 9th, 2012, 02:47 PM
miltankRancher
Mega Ampharos is the one.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to miltankRancher
I agree with kenshin that this episode is indeed a better episode for Tepig to evolve. I mean, backstory. History. What else do Tepig needs? Will the battle be doubles? If it si, I hope I can see more of Boldore's fighting power. Or Krokorok. Either one is fine.

I am a Roleplayer

...and I am PROUD of it.
Lanistae Jacet [Lies of a Trainer]
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Soo Pignite learns Fire Pledge.
Old May 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Yes it would seem that Pignite did. I like the animation of it as well.

As for the episode itself Suwama struck me as a jackass like the other Fire types that have been released i.e. Charmander and Chimchar. Especially considering he was faking that he cared. I am quite happy though that Pignite got his victory and snuffed Suwama in the end. I don't get the feeling Suwama will be back, he feels more character of the day then anything.

Old May 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

I watched this episode and I loved the flashbacks of Tepig being treated badly by Suwama.

Pignite's Fire Pledge had one awesome effect, one of the best move effects so far.

I give this a 10/10.

Old May 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM
AquaticWartortle
Teh Best Wartortle

Nature: Quiet
I loved how they had Tepig's former trainer in this one that was a mono Fire & they actually battled unlike Damian. Even though Suwama looks sick/eire, it was still a great episode!

Credits: XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Ducklighter
Throw caution to the wind.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
Although it's a great episode for Tepig to evolve in, it would seem too predictable too. I don't know but Chimchar faced Paul's team repeatedly before it really evolved but things seem to be going really fast so I wouldn't be surprised if he evolved in this episode.

I doubt it'll be the last we'll see of this trainer either. They could be setting up a new rival for Ash. Something similar to the role Paul played.

Also, I have yet to see the episode so all this could be irrelevant and wrong lmao

EDIT: I just watched the episode and it was bloody fantastic. The flashbacks were amazing and the best part of the episode was the unexpected evolutions because I was expecting it to be during a move with the rival team. I thought the relationship between Snivy and Tepig/Pignite was great. It showed friendship in Pokemon which I loved.

Last edited by Ducklighter; May 6th, 2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old May 6th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I watched this episode and I loved the flashbacks of Tepig being treated badly by Suwama.

Pignite's Fire Pledge had one awesome effect, one of the best move effects so far.

I give this a 10/10.
Fire Pledge was definite great animation, but really now that I think of it so was Heat Crash, Fire Spin, and Flare Blitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticWartortle View Post
I loved how they had Tepig's former trainer in this one that was a mono Fire & they actually battled unlike Damian. Even though Suwama looks sick/eire, it was still a great episode!
I am definitely glad they building, it seemed like a more constructed episode then just Damian dismissing Charmander. He either looked sick like you said or he has been up a few nights and has sleep disorders xD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducklighter View Post
Although it's a great episode for Tepig to evolve in, it would seem too predictable too. I don't know but Chimchar faced Paul's team repeatedly before it really evolved but things seem to be going really fast so I wouldn't be surprised if he evolved in this episode.

I doubt it'll be the last we'll see of this trainer either. They could be setting up a new rival for Ash. Something similar to the role Paul played.

Also, I have yet to see the episode so all this could be irrelevant and wrong lmao

EDIT: I just watched the episode and it was bloody fantastic. The flashbacks were amazing and the best part of the episode was the unexpected evolutions because I was expecting it to be during a move with the rival team. I thought the relationship between Snivy and Tepig/Pignite was great. It showed friendship in Pokemon which I loved.
The thing with Paul is he was Ash main rival and there was no doubt we would see him again and multiple times. Suwama could possiblely be a one and done character only there to severe purpose as a component to tie up the loose ends with Tepig/Pignite. We could see him at another Don Tournament. I just don't feel he is going to really show up or at least make much of an impact if he does. And Ash really doesn't need any more rivals since he has Trip, Stephan, and Bianca. Although it would be interesting too add another one, Suwama doesn't strike me as the other one the way he fared against Ash. And I am glad Snivy got some character development as well, I always love it when they show the relationships between the pokemon.

Old May 6th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Ducklighter

Send a message via AIM to Ducklighter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ducklighter Send a message via Skype™ to Ducklighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
The thing with Paul is he was Ash main rival and there was no doubt we would see him again and multiple times. Suwama could possiblely be a one and done character only there to severe purpose as a component to tie up the loose ends with Tepig/Pignite. We could see him at another Don Tournament. I just don't feel he is going to really show up or at least make much of an impact if he does. And Ash really doesn't need any more rivals since he has Trip, Stephan, and Bianca. Although it would be interesting too add another one, Suwama doesn't strike me as the other one the way he fared against Ash. And I am glad Snivy got some character development as well, I always love it when they show the relationships between the pokemon.
Yeah, I do see what you mean but I think considering the fact that Unova is meant to be slightly different, it wouldn't surprise me if Ash had a lot more rivals. Suwama didn't seem like much of a rival because Tepig beat out two of his evolved Pokemon and I do think you're right about the tying up loose ends with Tepig but it would be quite interesting to see Suwama return and demand a rematch and just become a pest.

I really did love the development Snivy got because I think the last relationship I saw was the one between Scraggy and Axew. I'm glad they're zoning more in on the relationship because the accompanying Pokemon because it is important. I would love to see a bit of a romance plot between Snivy/Pignite or something like best friends.
Old May 6th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Another reason I don't see Suwama as too much of a rival is like Aquatic Wartortle said, Suwama is mono type Fire. Whereas most of the rivals if not all have a mixed team. And beating both of his pokemon with just Pignite doesn't seem to have me believe he is a worth while battler anyways much less a rival. You can always train a pokemon up but that doesn't mean you know how to use it, and that's how I feel about Suwama.

There is also the relationship between Oshawott and Pignite as well as more of a rival relationship. So I hope they explore that more as well. Then the rivalry between Snivy and Emolga

Old May 6th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Ducklighter

Yeah, I do see it now. It does seem to be a nice little neat end to a big question mark in Tepig's life. Him evolving essentially had him move on from Suwama as his trainer. I would still like to see him because of arrogance towards Pokemon (what I could make out since there wasn't an english sub) seems to a pressing issue. I would've enjoyed Officer Jenny getting involved for his treatment towards Pokemon. So the fans that there is some kind of punishment towards treatment of Pokemon. (I suggest a Pokemon PETA lol).

Relationships with the travelling Pokemon should be spotlighted more often because they can't all get along and I do notice that Pikachu is essentially pitted as the peace keeper/leader of the bunch, obviously but I'd love him to get into a bitter relationship with one of the Pokemon or the future ones Ash/Cilan/Iris catch. I'd love something to involve Pikachu more.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:50 AM
Riptobazooka
Unhatched Egg

Hey, this episode aired in US just this weekend! Here is Suwama's Dub Name:

Spoiler:
Shamus

Anyway, this episode relates to Damien's Charmander Episode lol.
I enjoyed it through and through because Tepig evolutions are my favorites.
Old September 14th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Finally watched this in English today.

Suwama/Shamus' dub voice was a bit of a disappointment to me but this is still my fave Unova episode so far.

I loved Snivy's personality here, given she was abandoned by another Trainer as well.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here