The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:13 AM
SSJboku
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJboku View Post
UUUGGGHHHH.....i'm stuck again....at Flamerny city, don't know where to go.....gym is blocked and I can't get into the cave MT. Volcano because some guy says that only some trainers are allowed to get in here
Please , anybody ??? This game is really great and I want to continue playing it
Old September 14th, 2012, 04:39 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Please , anybody ??? This game is really great and I want to continue playing it
Did you battle Prof Ellie? If you battle him/her you can go into Mt.Vulcan.
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:40 AM
SSJboku
Unhatched Egg

Yes, I battled her, then i want into the pokeball factory, and now I can't go anywhere
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

In these two images, I am facing a tile that should be walkable but for some reason has not been flagged as passable.

The grammar in the Pokédex entries needs work still. So far the storyline bits, trainer comments, etc. aren't too bad.

I am at the Feebas appearance area of the storyline. I have used my Pokéballs thinking I can buy more, and now cannot capture the Lv.3 Feebas facing me. Obviously I have to move on without it, but will I be able to capture another later? (EDIT: Never mind, I see I can...I just thought of checking the Pokédex just now and found it's the one to be found in the most places.)

Humorously, one can run away from the Feebas and it vanishes...should be a no-run battle methinks...

Speaking of the Pokédex, nice mix of Pokémon in later areas of those already seen in trainer battles; I look forward to getting a Stunky for some reason among the Fakémon. Glameow appeared to me occasionally on Route 402, and I think it's the strangest looking so far, but I believe it replaces Skitty due to the Fake Out move...am I right? I don't think Meowth learns it that early. (I also just looked it up, and Stunky too; clearly I don't know the Gen. IV Pokémon yet, though the Gen. V stand out having completed the Unova Dex.) However, now that I am looking at the Pokédex, why is Charmander's entry not added to the Dex at 004? And why is Feebas the last entry at 140 when I have Pokémon over that? I thought Oak gave us the National Dex? Cascoon (and eventually Silcoon/Beautifly, but that's it for now, though Wurmple is also missing) at 268, Shinx at 270, Chikorita at 152, and Elekid at 239 should all be appearing...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; September 15th, 2012 at 05:52 AM. Reason: First edit because I can. Second edit deleting quote from deleted post.
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:28 PM
snowfur
Beginning Trainer

I've been trying all day to challenge the flamerny gym and I know you have to battle professor Ellie to get into the cave. The only this is I can't find professor Ellie anywhere to battle her. I even went back to the lab where she only repeats the the same dialogue over and over again. One weird thing did happen though because the game did a complete loop where I got to pick my starter again and I had to fight Pearl and Yellow again. I did all the events again but Professor Ellie still won't battle me. Is this a glitch? and does this mean I can't go on? I can't do the walk through walls cheat either because I play on vizzed.com and prefer not to download things on my computer if I don't have to since my laptop is really slow.
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowfur View Post
I've been trying all day to challenge the flamerny gym and I know you have to battle professor Ellie to get into the cave. The only this is I can't find professor Ellie anywhere to battle her. I even went back to the lab where she only repeats the the same dialogue over and over again. One weird thing did happen though because the game did a complete loop where I got to pick my starter again and I had to fight Pearl and Yellow again. I did all the events again but Professor Ellie still won't battle me. Is this a glitch? and does this mean I can't go on? I can't do the walk through walls cheat either because I play on vizzed.com and prefer not to download things on my computer if I don't have to since my laptop is really slow.
It's always better to download the latest beta when you start playing. That way, if you hear of a new build, you can replace it yourself without waiting for the site to update; if you then find a game-stalling glitch that works in the older version, you can swap them back around to get around it then go back to the new version, etc. (Provided the area in question isn't new in the build you have the problem in.)

That's just one example. Let's also assume your Internet dies briefly. You can keep playing locally, not on the site.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by Cyclone; September 15th, 2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Removed quote from deleted post.
Old September 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Quote:
The grammar in the Pokédex entries needs work still. So far the storyline bits, trainer comments, etc. aren't too bad.
I already stated I won't be changing Wesley's Sinnoh dex entries because of how much of a royal pain in the ass it is.

Last edited by giradialkia; September 15th, 2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: quoting deleted post
Old September 15th, 2012, 04:20 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Guys, jeez. If there's a post you believe breaks the rules, please just report it. That's the most helpful thing you can do- do NOT start arguments. Keep the discussion focused on the hack, and let that be it.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old September 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
dyee

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well you just need to press A button next to it and you will automatically go inside it... I didn;t know there is an event related with its accessibility
You can actually access the hole before needing to go down it. In order to be able to go down it, you have to have defeated the gym leader (I forgot which one, but it was the one that needed you to find Shinx, Snorlax, and Steelix).

Also, I can't seem to find any of the legendary pokemon at the World Champ's. The caves and mountains are empty where they normally should be standing.
Old September 15th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

So once again I come across a wild Pokémon by script, a Pichu. Of course, I have no balls (no dirty jokes, please). This one is AREA UNKNOWN, meaning I won't see it again? Or am I later able to find a Pikachu/Raichu somewhere, and perhaps breed it?

EDIT: Now in 403. One thing I noticed particularly with 402 and 403 is, when entering the Route (402 from either side), you find people suddenly appearing on the screen as if a magician cast a spell. Also, the presence of Red (nice, BTW) and his Croagunk actually causes a massive slowdown due to too many sprites on the screen in 403. Might it have been better to plop him at the beginning of the Route next to the first funny-looking tree, thus clearing the script immediately and preventing this problem? Sure, you might need additional script markers, but it's better than slowing down the game. The university talking guy (who is the one who magically appears in 403) could be moved further into the Route, then. I see that the funny trees are indeed people events and thus sprites, not landscaping, which is what I believe leads to the slowdown.

Again, this is just IMO.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; September 15th, 2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyee View Post
Also, I can't seem to find any of the legendary pokemon at the World Champ's. The caves and mountains are empty where they normally should be standing.
Have you done everything needed for legendaries to appear?
You need to beat specific characters on specific places to make some legendaries appear.
You can check Wes' page for detailed info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
EDIT: Now in 403. One thing I noticed particularly with 402 and 403 is, when entering the Route (402 from either side), you find people suddenly appearing on the screen as if a magician cast a spell. Also, the presence of Red (nice, BTW) and his Croagunk actually causes a massive slowdown due to too many sprites on the screen in 403. Might it have been better to plop him at the beginning of the Route next to the first funny-looking tree, thus clearing the script immediately and preventing this problem? Sure, you might need additional script markers, but it's better than slowing down the game. The university talking guy (who is the one who magically appears in 403) could be moved further into the Route, then. I see that the funny trees are indeed people events and thus sprites, not landscaping, which is what I believe leads to the slowdown.
It's interesting that noone else reported this...
Isn't the problem with your emulator?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
It's interesting that noone else reported this...
Isn't the problem with your emulator?
No, I do not believe the problem is with a stable release of the most popular emulator out there. After all, Nintendo itself has released games with this type of problem. Remember Super Mario Bros. 3 from 1988? If you ever played that in the original form on the NES (I have numerous times), in World 1-2, at the final pipe spitting out Goombas towards the goal, you can stand and wait for four to come on screen which, coupled with the Paratroopa flying in, slows down everything including Mario as you walk to the goal to get your 1-Up for having five enemies on-screen. This is the effect I'm talking about, the slowdown from too much sprite action for the system to handle. It happens in official games, too. I don't know if it's ever happened in an official Pokémon game, but I haven't seen it until now. I've seen it in other cases in the same game (SMB3) as well.

Cyclone

Old September 16th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Oooh, as for the Pichu issue, I know for a fact that you can catch wild Pikachu in the Meadow Zone in the Safari Zone. I've played through the hack before but I can not remember if you can breed Pokemon, and if so, where at the moment. :x As for the Poke Ball issue, one thing I found is that by carrying a Bidoof around with me, thanks to its Pick Up ability I'd occasionally get Ultra Balls.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old September 16th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Oooh, as for the Pichu issue, I know for a fact that you can catch wild Pikachu in the Meadow Zone in the Safari Zone. I've played through the hack before but I can not remember if you can breed Pokemon, and if so, where at the moment. :x As for the Poke Ball issue, one thing I found is that by carrying a Bidoof around with me, thanks to its Pick Up ability I'd occasionally get Ultra Balls.
A Bidoof already found me a Nugget. My first reaction was: "MONEY!"

And if that's true about the Safari Zone, I'd be wise to backtrack and search for Pichu. How common are the Pichus there? I wish we had a list of all Pokémon that can be found; I ought to go looking for that in AdvanceMap.

EDIT: Another bug. The custom (I think) music when entering Route 403 and the music emerging from a battle on Route 403 are not the same piece of music. After a battle, it changes over to a recognizable theme from R/S/E. Not that I have a problem with that theme, just that the music should be the same.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; September 16th, 2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Because we have that ability.
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:52 AM
SSJboku
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys where to find Snorlax and Steelix in order to beat the poison gym in lauren ?
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Quote:
Remember Super Mario Bros. 3 from 1988?
I do. It was a game on the NES. This is a game on the GBA. Think it through. The problem's on your end.
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
I do. It was a game on the NES. This is a game on the GBA. Think it through. The problem's on your end.
On the contrary, GBA also has a sprite limit. It doesn't always occur; in fact, right now I'm training there without any slowdowns. I think it's when the 402 sprites are registered onscreen at the same time that I have the problem.

After I do a little training at the start of the Route, I'll start working my way through; I did a dry run using save states and found the event halfway through. Once those are cleared, I don't think there will be any further problem.

Cyclone

Old September 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM
flamey678
Unhatched Egg

so i am playing and after i beat team steam in their base they are all standing at the entrance but i cant talk to them what do i do now?!
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
On the contrary, GBA also has a sprite limit. It doesn't always occur; in fact, right now I'm training there without any slowdowns. I think it's when the 402 sprites are registered onscreen at the same time that I have the problem.

After I do a little training at the start of the Route, I'll start working my way through; I did a dry run using save states and found the event halfway through. Once those are cleared, I don't think there will be any further problem.

Cyclone
Using the exact same emulator as you, I played that part before and had no lag whatsoever. I don't even think there are 402 sprites on that area if I'm honest at any one time... But if there is, it hasn't caused lag problems for anyone else as far as we know.

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...

Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Old September 16th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Strange. Well, it happens only occasionally, not constantly...and only right there. It hasn't happened anywhere else in the hack (so far).

BTW, when I say 402 and 403 sprites, cross over from one Route to the other. Briefly, sprites from both maps are onscreen on the same shot. Going far enough into the Route and back removes one until you cross into the other Route again. I think when the 402 one is showing while in 403 it causes the slowdown. After going in a bit it seems to go away, hence why I think having sprites onscreen from both contributes to it.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; September 16th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hey guys where to find Snorlax and Steelix in order to beat the poison gym in lauren ?
Snorlax is north from the Kosaka City and Steelix is waiting with the Gym Leader west from there.

Old September 17th, 2012, 02:01 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Apparently you can catch Pichu quite early where you battle Rival Diamond for the first time...to the right of Central City
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:57 AM
kenshinl
Unhatched Egg

What to do after Luaren league? I just beat it and whent back home....now where should i go?
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Apparently you can catch Pichu quite early where you battle Rival Diamond for the first time...to the right of Central City
Actually, that's why I brought it up. I didn't have any balls left. My question is where ELSE can it be found, or Pikachu to later breed perhaps.

I have JUST looked in AdvanceMap. Pikachu appears in the Safari Zone with a 5% chance of showing up. I'm thinking of changing that 4% one to a Pichu on my copy (leaving Pikachu the 1%); the reason for this being that there is no other Pichu noted anywhere that I know of (unless there's another event later, I dunno), and I don't know if there is a breeding center. If there IS a breeding center, then my problem will solve itself and I will just catch Pikachu, but I'm not hanging around the Safari Zone quite yet (I should make a list of catchables however and do some planning, I need water types; also, I already have a Shinx and an Elekid).

EDIT: All right, where did the bad guys come from all of a sudden in the forest? There was no storyline of their appearing, you just return to the hive where the angry Combees were located and suddenly there are grunts hanging around the place...also, do we ever get the Running Shoes? I'm tired of the snail's pace walking.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; September 17th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Why do you need Pichu so badly? o.O Pichu and evolutions are absolutely uncomparable to any electric evo-line you can encounter (Shinx-line, Tynamo-line, heck, even Elekid-line)
There's no another Pichu event, though.

There was a storyline. You enter the city, Combees are attacking, why are they attacking? Because the bad guys showed up. What do you need more?
Yes, you get Running Shoes soon.
And you still seem to have troubles with speed... Don't tell me... you don't use speed button! o.O

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here