Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Notices

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Jolteon*'s Avatar
Jolteon*
Super Boss Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
I am brand new to the UU tier, which is why my team may seem like a random conglomerate of Pokémon thrown together. Anyways, all the help I can get is good.



Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Psychic
- U-turn

This is my main lead. I am considering switching Roost for Confuse Ray, because that has been used against me and it bugs me so much. The rest of the set is a pretty basic Xatu set. I lead with it to mainly cripple the opponent with Thunder Wave.



Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Ice Punch


Switched out Charizard for it. Good Physical Sweeper




Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

This guy is my Special Sweeper. He snaps necks and cashes checks like nobody's business. I might but Sniper on him, but Swift Swim is oh so helpful against rain.


Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake

He gets physical. I really like this guy, but I might switch him for a Moxie Heracross or Moxie Scrafty.



Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Def / 52 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Great guy. I love him to bits. He never fails me, except when he passes out.



Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Stored Power
- Roost

My V.I.P. I can't see any changes too him (but if you have suggestions I'll take em. He's swept 6-0 before.


Again, any help is helpful. Thanks

Importable Version
Spoiler:
Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Def / 52 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spd
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Stored Power
- Roost

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Psychic
- U-turn

Charizard @ Leftovers
Trait: Solar Power
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- SolarBeam

Last edited by Jolteon*; September 13th, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
  #2    
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:25 PM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
If you're using a Careful nature on Xatu, replace Psychic with Night Shade, since Careful will weaken Psychic because Careful lowers Special Attack. If you do choose to keep Psychic, replace the Careful nature with a Calm one.

I definitely agree on replacing Charizard, considering that both it and Darmanitan are Fire Pokemon, adding on some unwanted Water and Rock weaknesses. Your team is full of Special attackers (Darmanitan is the only physical attacker here), but I can kind of see Raikou setting up on Special walls with CM then hitting them really hard, even though it takes a while. Still, another physical attacker can't hurt, like Scrafty:
-Dragon Dance
-Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb

or
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Rest
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin

  #3    
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Jolteon*'s Avatar
Jolteon*
Super Boss Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
If you're using a Careful nature on Xatu, replace Psychic with Night Shade, since Careful will weaken Psychic because Careful lowers Special Attack. If you do choose to keep Psychic, replace the Careful nature with a Calm one.

I definitely agree on replacing Charizard, considering that both it and Darmanitan are Fire Pokemon, adding on some unwanted Water and Rock weaknesses. Your team is full of Special attackers (Darmanitan is the only physical attacker here), but I can kind of see Raikou setting up on Special walls with CM then hitting them really hard, even though it takes a while. Still, another physical attacker can't hurt, like Scrafty:
-Dragon Dance
-Hi Jump Kick/Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb

or
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Rest
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
Thanks for the quick reply. What about Confuse Ray over roost?
  #4    
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon* View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. What about Confuse Ray over roost?
No. Xatu's defenses aren't high enough to withstand loads of repeated hits, so Roost's recovery is really important.

  #5    
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Fairy's Avatar
Fairy
スカイハイ
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: in the flowers
Gender: Female
Hey there! Great looking RMT and team Jolteon*! Definitely well done.

I'm just nitpicking.

Since you have a secondary, reliable STAB in Dragon Pulse, Kingdra might like Hidden Power [Electric] over Surf to help against Empoleon, who completely walls this set.

Also I see CB Rhyperior giving this team a bit of trouble --save Raikou pulling a switch in, although HP [Grass/Water] may help-- but at least testing out that Heracross over Darmanitan might be worthwhile.

Otherwise, very strong looking team. Please let us know how it goes and good luck!


メガ レックウザ
pairbrothersmodtwingallerycredit
bell treepixel jointfairy clubacnl club
pokemon faefriend codedream addresshomestuck club
  #6    
Old September 14th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Jolteon*'s Avatar
Jolteon*
Super Boss Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial357 View Post
Hey there! Great looking RMT and team Jolteon*! Definitely well done.

I'm just nitpicking.

Since you have a secondary, reliable STAB in Dragon Pulse, Kingdra might like Hidden Power [Electric] over Surf to help against Empoleon, who completely walls this set.

Also I see CB Rhyperior giving this team a bit of trouble --save Raikou pulling a switch in, although HP [Grass/Water] may help-- but at least testing out that Heracross over Darmanitan might be worthwhile.

Otherwise, very strong looking team. Please let us know how it goes and good luck!
What Heracross?
  #7    
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon* View Post
What Heracross?
I'll assume that you're not sure on what Heracross set you want to use. Choice Scarf + Moxie is your best bet because it can tear through things fast:
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie

  #8    
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Jolteon*'s Avatar
Jolteon*
Super Boss Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I'll assume that you're not sure on what Heracross set you want to use. Choice Scarf + Moxie is your best bet because it can tear through things fast:
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Is that actually a better option over darmanitan, or should i switch it out for scrafty?
  #9    
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:54 PM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolteon* View Post
Is that actually a better option over darmanitan, or should i switch it out for scrafty?
It might be a better idea to use this over Scrafty; you don't want to have more shared weaknesses on the team.

 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:36 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.