The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 19th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
what i mean by that is, when you're listening to something on itunes, for example, do you choose an album and play it all the way through, then move on to another one? do you listen to one album, one song at a time on repeat one until you get bored of it, and move on to another? do you put it on shuffle and get surprised for what comes up? and so on and so forth.
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
If it's a new album, then I like to take the time and listen to it all the way through. Sometimes I have to listen to the album a few times so the songs leave an impression on me, with usually a few of them standing out more than than the others. Those are the songs I'll end up playing the most from the album.

In the case of multiple new albums, I'd usually listen to each album all the way through once before listening to them all on shuffle. However, if one album in particular stands out above the rest, then I'd spend more time listening to that album instead.

Sometimes I hear a song I really like, for example, right now it's "Ready or Not" by Bridgit Mendler - don't judge me - and I'd just play it repeatedly until I wear it out or I become obsessed with a new song. This can apply for albums as well.

On some occasions I leave my iTunes open and have it on shuffle. That's usually when I don't know what I want to listen to, so I let iTunes decide for me.

The story of my life. The End.
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
I don't listen to music on the computer often. On my iPod, though, I'm completely random. And I mean completely. Sometimes, I'll play the first song in an album and be too lazy to go do anything, so I'll end up listening to the whole thing. Other times, I'll be ridiculously fickle and keep going to random song after song. Sometimes I don't even wait for the song to end, and just start a new song in the middle of one that's playing.
Old August 19th, 2012, 05:11 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
I'll try to go through a whole album but most of time I end up switching past the 5th song, at the most. Depends on my mood. It bothers me if I don't listen to the songs in order, I want to consume the work as the maker intended...so I assume.
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Esper

With an album I've never heard before I usually play it once through, then go back and listen to the songs that stuck out a few more times. After that it becomes part of my collection to be listened to on shuffle. If I feel like listening to a particular artist I'll listen to all their music on shuffle. If I want to listen to a specific album I'll still listen to it on shuffle. I only don't listen to shuffle outside of new albums when I want to listen to a single song in particular. I find that the order of tracks on albums is almost never how I want to listen to the songs. Plus I like the variety of not knowing what's coming next.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 20th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Elzar
Beginning Trainer

Mostly youtube when at home these days, then the second source would be the radio of course when in the car. I use to use Itunes and other similar sources more often and download music but that becamse quite expensive considering most songs were over $1. I will also from time to time use the music on demand service on my cable provider however that can be quite annoying because you have to chose your genre and wait for a song you want to listen to come on.
Old August 21st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I'm almost always listening to music whether it be on my iPod or on the computer through iTunes. I'll normally just put it on my playlist of my favorite songs and just let it go. I actually don't own very many complete albums on iTunes, but if I really feel like listening to one that I don't have then I'll go to Youtube.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I usually either play an entire album, or just listen to a single song on repeat for an hour or so. Sometimes I may even replay the entire album a second time, and then go find another one to listen to. I don't have iTunes at the moment - I haven't had it for the past year since my hard drive crashed - so I listen to music on YouTube or from my iPod (which desperately needs new music.)

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:49 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I will loop the same song for literally days.. then move to another. Or alternate between two or three songs for like a week or two. @_@ I find it easier to work that way.. so I am not distracted by the song but I am also entertained.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:17 AM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
Unless time is an issue, I tend to listen to full albums. If it's a new album, I'll put it into heavy rotation, but I don't really listen to it back to back more than a few times. If I don't have the time, though, I'll just listen to a single song and then choose another afterwards. I've got music for all moods.

I tend to just like to take music in the way it is presented, in proper order. I dunno why exactly, it just kinda became a thing once I started listening to prog. Concept albums and whatnot.
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:00 AM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
I don't really listen to "Albums" Just random songs here and there on Youtube. Sometimes a Album if it matters. and if i'm on the go, shuffle through my music, or use Pandora.

I don't use iTunes for anything, so just Youtube and Pandora.

Old August 25th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I shuffle. Almost always. If I don't use shuffle, I'm either listening to a certain album or I'm listening to everything I've recently downloaded cause I'm tired of all my old songs lol.
Old August 26th, 2012, 01:08 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I've got a crapload of comedy, stuff I don't want to listen to, and just plain noise (lol I know) so I usually make a playlist of all the songs I like atm and put it on shuffle.

When I get a new album, I listen to the first two and get distracted by other stuff and forget to turn off shuffle and so I'm listening to other stuff after like the second song in.

Old August 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
This is what I do. When I'm driving in my car I play music with subs. When I'm at home I listen to music with a sound system.. So very very loud and I use my Ipod.
Old August 26th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
With a new album like others I will listen to it all first. I'll choose my favorites and add them to my cell phone. I still have my old red cd player that I use to listen to the new album, before adding to my computer then cell phone.

Listening to music (non Pokemon songs) I add them to my cell phone organized my sub genre (like Grunge, Hard Rock, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Shock Rock, all have at least 20 songs) and just play them with shuffle turned and repeat on. So once all songs have played in a random order, they will play again in another random order. So my last.fm page has not been updated in months.

At home I leave my cell phone charging on pc and I use the external speakers and plug them in on the earphones. So loud music. At clinic appointments, bus, or other public places that I'm going to be, then I take my earphones with me.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:46 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
With a new album or an album I love a ton, I will listen to it full. I prefer listening to cds on my CD player instead of on iTunes, cause I feel more into for whatever reason. If I just want to listen to music, I usually just put my iPod or iTunes on shuffle. Or if I want to listen to just a certain artist/band, I'll search music by just them and put their songs on shuffle. I use Spotify alot too, which I use for albums or songs I don't own and if I like it I eventually buy it and add it to my library.

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:04 AM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Lol I don't have complete albums. It'd be annoying to hear the same voice anyway. I shuffle thebsingson my iPad, and if I'm sick of a song, I just skip it. :>
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:03 PM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

When I was younger I used to just shuffle and skip the ones that I didn't want to listen to, but now I almost always listen to an album in its entirety. When I first started my music collection in the 90's I would listen to whole albums cause I had a discman and walkman and it was a hassle to changed discs or cassettes just for one song. Then when the whole digital music revolution started in like 00 or 01 I started downloading music from LimeWire and then iTunes and it changed the way I listened cause I would download singles or import only specific songs from CDs. But, when I started seriously collecting albums (either on CD or more recently on vinyl) it changed back to listening to full albums out of enjoyment rather than convenience.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
I divide mine in playlists by genre, Metal/Rock, HipHop/Rap, etc. Most of the time I'll have my music on shuffle, unless I'm listening to a gapless album, or like the song that is gonna play after the one I'm currently listening to.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
When I get a new album on my Zune, I'll listen to whole album and delete the songs I don't like, and just play what I like. There are very few albums that I've kept all the songs on. I very rarely put any of my music on shuffle.
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog's Avatar
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog
Ohonhonhon!~

I get a few new songs (not usually from the same album or even the same genre) on iTunes. Then I put those in a playlist and shuffle it. I listen to that over and over until I get sick of those songs. Then I listen to whatever music I have that doesn't completely annoy me at the time, until I get another iTunes card. xD
Old September 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

I listen to music with my ipod and Pandora. If I fall in love with a song I listen to it in till I get bored with it. I might listen to a whole album if I really like the artist. But most of the time I usually Jump around and I'm the same way with my Pandora too. I don't use the shuffle button but I do use Genius playlist a lot.

Old September 10th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Shuffle with a variety of artists and albums on the playlist. Back in the days when I used to buy albums I'd listen to it all the way through (then create mixtapes with the tracks I liked ). But now, I like to have my music player set up like my own personal radio station where songs and artists are played randomly.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:28 AM
FierceDeity1
Beginning Trainer

Yes full albums when I'm in work or at home and single songs when I'm having a drink with friends
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
CarcharOdin
Master of The Universe
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
On computer, I divide mine by genre and blast away whatever I feel like. Same on my mp3 player though. However, when I'm in the mood to try out new things that I don't technically own, I go to Pandora.

Other than that, I listen to full albums.

I always bring some CD's in the car with me. These days I find driving around blasting Judas Priest in my car to be a very pleasant experience.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links