The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
To answer the thread title, yes, of course they are. It is true that the shiny charm does make it easier to get a shiny Pokemon. Is this necessarily a bad thing? Not at all. At the end of the day, a lot of legit plays will play for ages and not get a single shiny Pokemon, whereas some players who choose not to play 'according to the rules' can just use a cheat device and get loads of shiny Pokemon. I personally have encountered three shiny Pokemon throughtout playing Pokemon in general; a shiny Steelix in Diamond, a shiny Meowth in Heart Gold and a shiny Shuppet in Emerald. I know others haven't found any, so I am quite fortunate I guess. I'm not bitter that I had to get my shinies the 'legit' way since at the end of the day, it's a random chance. I think the shiny charm is a good reward for completing the Dex, gets people to carry on searching for Pokemon after completing the 'Dex and I just think it's about time that players are actually rewarded for it with a worthwhile item, instead of a Diploma that doesn't really do much if I'm honest.

Pokémon Aureolin

Old September 15th, 2012, 10:50 AM
william.alsup
Unhatched Egg

There are a couple enhancements in the game that directly involve shiny Pokemon, which I'm torn between. The items don't make it much easier to catch shiny Pokemon, but nonetheless, it's easier. I guess my biggest concern would be, if it's too easy it sorta takes away the prize aspect. I have a shiny Salamence that I adore and show off like crazy, and it was caught purely on luck! No masuda method or anything. I think it is a good motivator for completing the dex, however. And a much better reward than a diploma
Old September 15th, 2012, 02:33 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Its simply 5 years too late to ask this question. Pokeradar came and went.
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have to say that they are making Shiny Pokemon easier to find in this game, however you need all 649 Pokemon to get the Shiny Charm which increases the shiny encounter rate. So yeah, it is something you have to work towards.

I mean, Shiny Pokemon normally have a 1 in 8,192 chance of being found so using this Shiny Charm would take away the rarity factor cos well, it's better to do hard work to catch or hatch a shiny.

Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

Old September 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
dewdott
Gym Leader Joseph

Nature: Brave
it was really easy for me i dont do cheats or anything and so far i got a shiny luxray,latias,latios,raikou,and mightenena
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Lorenzo The Comic
Pokégen User

Nature: Docile
I hacked the Shining Charm into my game and it hasn't kicked in yet, getting pretty bored of exploring.
Old September 20th, 2012, 12:49 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo The Comic View Post
I hacked the Shining Charm into my game and it hasn't kicked in yet, getting pretty bored of exploring.
Exactly.
It doesnt make shinies common or much easier to get. It just makes the chance less cruel. And considering its the reward for catching every single pokemon..... No /thread.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Zozma
I'm a blur

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Zozma
Is it getting easier? I've never even encountered a shiny before and I've never hatched one, despite my attempts. So even if it's "easier," it's still been next to impossible for me. One day, shiny Abra. One day.

My websites:

Old September 24th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

I think so while still being very rare. The only 2 shiny pokemon I've ever seen are Torkoal and Budew(and I didn't have any pokeballs on me. Dang). There so many pokemon whose shiny forms I love, but had given up hope of ever getting them. With the Shiny Charm, I'm actually going to have a real chance for once instead of hoping I get lucky or hacking the game(which I'm terrible at and not going to risk crashing it for).

Real gamers play for fun.
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:21 PM
DACALSTA
Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]

Nature: Calm
as a shiny hunter who has received 3 shinys from Random Encounter i can state that this charm personally for me is useless as i hate egg hatching and meta game hunting but others will definitely want to ger this and to be honest the pokerader's 1/60 is much higher, i feel this charm is for B/W gen

Traded 5 Total:

Bug Types (Including Pre-Evolutions): 4/69
Old May 11th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Please don't post in threads over a month old.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links