• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Are Shiny Pokemon becoming easier to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
They are getting a bit easier, but the thing that ticks me off a little bit is that they just put a shiny Haxorus in the game. Now everyone who has spent the hundreds or thousands of hours trying to get one has pretty much been spat in the face.

Not really. If people decided to spend that much time to get 1 Pokemon, that's their problem. (I've never found a shiny when actually trying to.) What about all the people who don't have any shiny Pokemon? Now they can have one of their own too. Some people aren't lucky enough to come across a shiny.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I think it's great that its a bit easier for the people who can't RNG/have never had the chance to run into random shinies. I'm a shiny addict myself, so the easier the better. :3

Patchy

-
Years
I think it's fair. At first I was annoyed (even though I RNG lol) because I'd spent hours in DPP using the Pokeradar and learning how to do it wasn't easy either, but it's quite fair that GF give a few shinies out I think. I know if the RNG was never cracked I'd be beyond elated for this anyway! :P

I still think something like the Pokeradar might've been fairer though. I know it reduced it to a 1/40 chance or something but at least you had to work for it - not that completing the dex isnt work, but you can't AR your way to a 40 chain.

I already have a shiny haxorus but I will have to catch that one, knowing it's just sitting there waiting would kill me hahaha.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I don't care for shinys because all it is the same Pokemon, just a different color and sparkly graphics. I mean I would catch one if I found one, but what difference would it make?

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
Well, I am plased to hear that. I have layed pokemon for years, completed Green, Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Firered, Diamond, Platinum, Heartgold, Black. Each of which I completed five times. I grind considerably, havinga team of 6 level75 pokemon before E4. I have never seen a shiny (bar the red gyarados). I have had nine critical balls on my black though. Caught Reshiram with one on a normal pokeball, Kyurem with one on a quick ball. Well, all these pokedex completions eem tiring, but it should be easier, since I have accsess to 400 already.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I do like that they're becoming more easily accessible, but it does kind of take the novelty out of them.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Yeah, the rate of finding them is getting a bit fairer. I think GameFreak realises, the chances are insane and are trying to boost it up to make it a tiny bit easier for everyone.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
I don't think so. It's like a 1/8000 chance or something

I have a shiny Rayquaza! It's really cool

Last edited:

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Personally, I don't mind that shinies are getting easier to find. I only try to get shinies if I like the color, like orange Chandelure or green Bulbasaur. If the shiny color looks worse on them than the original color, then I just don't bother with them.

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
Yeah.I also know a way to get a great chance of getting them.When you have the item that makes shinies appear easier use the masuda method.Which is breading two pokemon from different countries.Using the masuda method gives a bigger chance of it being a shiny.Having the shiny item will make the chance even bigger.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
They are getting easier to find. Shiny Gible, Shiny Dratini and Shiny Haxorus. Not to mention Shiny Charm (Well tbh you need all 649 PKMN to get that item so that balances it out). There has also been quite a few events with shinies

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I don't really think they're becoming easier to get. I've only seen 2 Shiny Pokemon myself, set-shiny Pokemon not counted. I don't think that by making specific Pokemon shiny they're making them "easier" to get because everyone can have that Haxorus, just as everyone has that Gyarados, so it's not really that special tbh.

SoulSilver10112

George the Poliwag
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
Agreed its getting to easy to get a shiny, but lots of people would really want to catch or hatch one, so they know they worked hard to get it. :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
To answer the thread title, yes, of course they are. It is true that the shiny charm does make it easier to get a shiny Pokemon. Is this necessarily a bad thing? Not at all. At the end of the day, a lot of legit plays will play for ages and not get a single shiny Pokemon, whereas some players who choose not to play 'according to the rules' can just use a cheat device and get loads of shiny Pokemon. I personally have encountered three shiny Pokemon throughtout playing Pokemon in general; a shiny Steelix in Diamond, a shiny Meowth in Heart Gold and a shiny Shuppet in Emerald. I know others haven't found any, so I am quite fortunate I guess. I'm not bitter that I had to get my shinies the 'legit' way since at the end of the day, it's a random chance. I think the shiny charm is a good reward for completing the Dex, gets people to carry on searching for Pokemon after completing the 'Dex and I just think it's about time that players are actually rewarded for it with a worthwhile item, instead of a Diploma that doesn't really do much if I'm honest.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2012
There are a couple enhancements in the game that directly involve shiny Pokemon, which I'm torn between. The items don't make it much easier to catch shiny Pokemon, but nonetheless, it's easier. I guess my biggest concern would be, if it's too easy it sorta takes away the prize aspect. I have a shiny Salamence that I adore and show off like crazy, and it was caught purely on luck! No masuda method or anything. I think it is a good motivator for completing the dex, however. And a much better reward than a diploma :P

Years
I have to say that they are making Shiny Pokemon easier to find in this game, however you need all 649 Pokemon to get the Shiny Charm which increases the shiny encounter rate. So yeah, it is something you have to work towards.

I mean, Shiny Pokemon normally have a 1 in 8,192 chance of being found so using this Shiny Charm would take away the rarity factor cos well, it's better to do hard work to catch or hatch a shiny.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I hacked the Shining Charm into my game and it hasn't kicked in yet, getting pretty bored of exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back