The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambo Dos View Post
Can you revive fossils in this beta?
yes, you can. If im not mistaken, you can revive them at Mystic Falls

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 14th, 2012, 05:53 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Yes, Mystic Falls is where you can revive the fossils. 2 more fossils, Sheldon and Cranidos, will also be available later in the hack and you can revive them in Montage Fortress. So there will be 2 places to revive fossils. Aerodactyl will also be available later.
Old September 16th, 2012, 04:18 AM
anugrah6
Togepi

I have got fourth badge from iceland gym i dont know what to do next please help
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:31 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrah6 View Post
I have got fourth badge from iceland gym i dont know what to do next please help
After you get your 4th badge and defeat Evil Pete on Numassity path, the beta ends. The full game is in working progress and will be released by the end of the year. With Part 2 coming sometime next year.

I have a Question about a small idea I thought of looking and playing competitive battles. In standard play, most people use Ditto's new Imposter Ability and use a Choice Scarf with it. That's pretty much 99% of Ditto's sets you'll ever encounter when playing against someone. I have no idea (I don't think anyone else does either) how to create Ditto's imposter ability into a gba hack. For those who don't know, imposter makes ditto instantly transform into the opponent's Pokemon as soon as it comes in the battle and copies all of it's stats(except HP), boosts, and moves.

Here's my question, do you think it would be cool and make Ditto much more useful if I gave it the Speed Boost Ability? It's the closest way to imitate the standard Ditto we see in current gen and will somewhat feel like Imposter Choice Scarf'd Ditto(It''ll be faster then your opponent's Pokemon possibly as soon as it comes in. You would still have to Transform though, sadly).

It's just an idea and I would like some opinions on it. Thanks.

Last edited by DrFuji; September 16th, 2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old September 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
I have a Question about a small idea I thought of looking and playing competitive battles. In standard play, most people use Ditto's new Imposter Ability and use a Choice Scarf with it. That's pretty much 99% of Ditto's sets you'll ever encounter when playing against someone. I have no idea (I don't think anyone else does either) how to create Ditto's imposter ability into a gba hack. For those who don't know, imposter makes ditto instantly transform into the opponent's Pokemon as soon as it comes in the battle and copies all of it's stats(except HP), boosts, and moves.

Here's my question, do you think it would be cool and make Ditto much more useful if I gave it the Speed Boost Ability? It's the closest way to imitate the standard Ditto we see in current gen and will somewhat feel like Imposter Choice Scarf'd Ditto(It''ll be faster then your opponent's Pokemon possibly as soon as it comes in. You would still have to Transform though, sadly).

Sounds like an interesting choice. Aside from breeding, Ditto is useless in gen. III games. Implementing something like impostor is something quite hard to do, it would involve a heck tons of ASM for it to be done, so putting in Speed Boost will likely make it useful without requiring too much work.
Old September 16th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Well... Speed Boost would probably work but it still would be far from the Imposter Ditto which is pain in the butt if it's used against speed boosted Pokemon :/

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:31 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
After you get your 4th badge and defeat Evil Pete on Numassity path, the beta ends. The full game is in working progress and will be released by the end of the year. With Part 2 coming sometime next year.

Something I learned from hacking for many years is that, competitive play just doesn't go too well with the games. I competitive battle myself and I have thought about it, but some things just wouldn't have the desired effect I would want (and most people wouldn't even know how to use these sets and such).

Ditto, with imposter, is technically uncounterable if switched in correctly. It's a beast. But think about it...with speed boost (that wouldn't really make sense...), it would get boosted one stage after it comes in. So assuming it comes in on a safe switch (since it's stats are so low I doubt it would even survive one hit), it can transform...and get here's another point: the reason Ditto is so beast in competitive play is that most pokemon counter themselves. In the games, pokemon aren't gonna have "movesets" that you can pick on the spot. So if a Ditto transforms into say...in your hack a Pichu. Pichu knows...no ground moves...so it would just be kinda useless. And Ditto's HP sucks and it will die soon. So there's a long winded example lmao.

I would just leave competitive play out of it, it's okay here and there to add some things, but remember most people won't even know how to use them and will just disregard it entirely.

Oh, but if you wanted to make a Ditto as a boss, you could just make an event that has the Ditto transform before taking you on...since no matter what it would (in the case of imposter) transform into the first pokemon you send out anyway...
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:17 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:

Well to be honest I never used Ditto to battle with it. the only suggestion i could give you about it is to make it appear shiny.. you know given as a trade or gift poke from someone.. Talking about that is a breeding center available yet in the beta???
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:51 AM
anugrah6
Togepi

Thank you
But actually in any hack i haven't used ditto at all not even in the games
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:18 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Well to be honest I never used Ditto to battle with it. the only suggestion i could give you about it is to make it appear shiny.. you know given as a trade or gift poke from someone.. Talking about that is a breeding center available yet in the beta???
There's one on Nursery Road, but I'm not sure if it's buged or not. I think someone mentioned it wasn't working properly. I'll check it out sometime later.

Thanks everyone for your opinion on the ditto idea.
Old September 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Be glad you did not encounter it in competitive battling...
This Ditto transformed into my 3 QD Volcarona... and with Choice Scarf, I could only watch my team getting owned.

Old September 18th, 2012, 02:35 AM
alienhunterx

Then that means I got lucky...:D
Old September 19th, 2012, 06:32 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Good News. I'm almost done with the game. Tajaros just has to script quite a few important events, but after that, it should be ready to be released. Depending on the amount of free time he will have in the upcoming weeks will determine the release date. Who knows, it may be released around early-mid November instead of the Christmas Day release I had planed.
Old September 20th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Good News. I'm almost done with the game. Tajaros just has to script quite a few important events, but after that, it should be ready to be released. Depending on the amount of free time he will have in the upcoming weeks will determine the release date. Who knows, it may be released around early-mid November instead of the Christmas Day release I had planed.
So soon? o.O I do hope it won't be rushed...

Old September 20th, 2012, 01:31 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

i hope you revamp the maps or hire a mapper to enhance some maps xD you should also gather some beta testers so you can fix bugs before releasing the game with lots of bugs. anyways for the second rom will you make a new thread?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old September 20th, 2012, 02:57 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Ohhh so early thats good news... Too bad I am stuck now with many projects...
Old September 20th, 2012, 07:45 PM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Don't worry, it's not being rushed at all. I've still got 3-4 more towns/cities to work on it, and a fair amount of trainers that still need editing. Tajaros still has to make specific scripts I need as well. So it'll be awhile before it's released, but not too long. Everything's already planed out to the end of the hack and I've gotten A Lot done in the pass 3 days. But Yes, DR2 will have it's own thread once this one's fully completed and bug-free. I'll also have a good amount of pre-release pics posted a week before the release of the full hack as well.

I'm working hard, ppl! Also, if anyone has any early ideas for DR2, I'd love to hear em. Like DR1, DR2 will have one special guest that's from another series of anime or video game culture. Some early picks would be welcomed from the community. The only request with this that I have is to make sure it's someone I can fit into the Pokemon world with a reasonable explaination. I can't have Sora from Kingdom Hearts in the hack or something like that. Choose names that are accustomed to controlling their own set of creatures in some way.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:05 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Don't worry, it's not being rushed at all. I've still got 3-4 more towns/cities to work on it, and a fair amount of trainers that still need editing. Tajaros still has to make specific scripts I need as well. So it'll be awhile before it's released, but not too long. Everything's already planed out to the end of the hack and I've gotten A Lot done in the pass 3 days. But Yes, DR2 will have it's own thread once this one's fully completed and bug-free. I'll also have a good amount of pre-release pics posted a week before the release of the full hack as well.

I'm working hard, ppl! Also, if anyone has any early ideas for DR2, I'd love to hear em. Like DR1, DR2 will have one special guest that's from another series of anime or video game culture. Some early picks would be welcomed from the community. The only request with this that I have is to make sure it's someone I can fit into the Pokemon world with a reasonable explaination. I can't have Sora from Kingdom Hearts in the hack or something like that. Choose names that are accustomed to controlling their own set of creatures in some way.
How about Kirito from SAO? (It's my avatar and sig)

Let's say after they finished floor 100 in Aincrad somehow they got transported to the Pokemon Universe... Something like that... xD then they got teleported in the OMNI Region, maybe Kirito can bring Asuna with him...
Old September 21st, 2012, 09:12 AM
ererbus

Send a message via Skype™ to ererbus
Wow this is awesome i have already started playing the game and i simply love it the minisprite of the hero needs work but it is okay great job
Old September 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM
Ach7AC
Mime Jr.

Quote:

What about Shigeki from Telefang? He could be a gym leader and use high-level Denjuu as his Pokemon.
Old September 21st, 2012, 11:15 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:

Good to hear that and please be noted from me that keep in mind the balance of levels with our team while battling rivals or other strong trainers.. You know some of them are very over powered... Also I suggest either a character from Beyblade or from Digimon.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Yeah, let's have characters from our favorite anime... guys, think rationally =D
Yami is a king of games, it's normal for him to be able to use Pokémon =D
Kirito is RPG gamer so that might work but having something from no game-like anime is crazy =D
It's like we can have Goku with Vegeta making a fusion and having ultra EPIC fused Pokémon xD

Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:01 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Yeah, let's have characters from our favorite anime... guys, think rationally =D
Yami is a king of games, it's normal for him to be able to use Pokémon =D
Kirito is RPG gamer so that might work but having something from no game-like anime is crazy =D
It's like we can have Goku with Vegeta making a fusion and having ultra EPIC fused Pokémon xD
Haha, Imagine Gogeta/Vegito having some Legendary fusemon's... xD

I think we should put on a poll on this, to see everyone's thoughts...
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:13 AM
aShNEyX
eXPeRt

Nature: Bold
hey guys who are the legendaries in this hack?
Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:14 AM
godlesplay

I wanna see characters from dragon ball in dark rising ! :D fusemon ? - interesting...
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here