The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I'm going to wait until they announce a Zelda game. Though I wish Nintendo wasn't keeping Bayonetta 2 a Wii U exclusive.

Last edited by Zet; September 16th, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:00 AM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
Wow, so apparently the Wii U pre-orders are already out for GameStop.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old September 15th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed

Summarizes it nicely.

Knowing me I'll get the Wii U and not any other system because I'm poor but I haven't skipped a Nintendo console since the Color TV Game, haha.
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM
FierceDeity1
Beginning Trainer

Not looking forward to forking out for a second controller.
Old September 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
<snip huge gif>

Summarizes it nicely.

Knowing me I'll get the Wii U and not any other system because I'm poor but I haven't skipped a Nintendo console since the Color TV Game, haha.
I remember posting that GIF a while back. lol But it's nice to see that the response for this system is relatively positive. I'd preorder but I'm poor too. Might wait for Boxing Day - Provided there are any left.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old September 15th, 2012, 11:01 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
Not looking forward to forking out for a second controller.
You probably won't need to, for the majority of games.
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm not sure whether I'll be getting this just yet, maybe for Christmas or something but it's not something I desperately want.
I do hope they make a Mario Kart for the Wii U which I'm sure they will since they made one for each major console Nintendo have developed.

Old September 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
wii u needs a mulitplayer pokemon game and only one controller do are you able to use the gamecube controller (hate the wii's controller) aside from gaming tvii looks good
Old September 15th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Got my Wii U Deluxe Kit preordered! Target was sold out, Walmart was sold out, GameStop was sold out, Kmart was sold out, Amazon was sold out, and Best Buy was sold out. But Toys R Us came through! Totally Psyched! :D

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old September 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
-reads off gif in excitement- WAIT. WAIT. Did I just read Earthbound HD? What...like...for real or is that just being sarcastic because ummmm omg if that's true i'm gonna go away and like...idk. Do something happy!!! For a long time!! Till release date...!! it's lying for real though isn't it...right?
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:19 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
-reads off gif in excitement- WAIT. WAIT. Did I just read Earthbound HD? What...like...for real or is that just being sarcastic because ummmm omg if that's true i'm gonna go away and like...idk. Do something happy!!! For a long time!! Till release date...!! it's lying for real though isn't it...right?
Yeah, it's a joke. =p (I think the gif is a few months old too).

I know I will likely end up getting the WiiU sooner or later, but I am unsure of when that would be. Not sure about launch as I have spent/will spend a lot of money already on a trip early next year, and already have lots of stuff to do on my 3DS. And just Pikmin3 is not enough for me just yet, as amazing a series as that is and how good it looks thus far. Australia's prices are predictably more than everyone elses, but on the flip side they could have been worse! So hmm.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old September 15th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Luigi-San
Decisions, Decisions...
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
Details regarding how to transfer Virtual Console and WiiWare games (and Miis, too) from Wii to Wii U:

Quote:
Wii U owners can wirelessly transfer content such as Miis, and WiiWare and Virtual Console games to their Wii U systems. Both systems will need to be connected to the Internet and the Wii U will need an SD card to facilitate the transfer. The process is very similar to transferring content from Nintendo DS to Nintendo 3DS or from Nintendo 3DS to Nintendo 3DS XL;
http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/09/d...tween-systems/

<--- Level these up!

<--- Join us!
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I don't think I'm going to get the Wii U any time soon, if I'm being honest. I'll end up getting it eventually, but this is actually the most lukewarm I've felt about a Nintendo console in many, many, many years. I definitely can't imagine me getting it in time for this Christmas... maybe not even next Christmas, if there aren't many great games for it.
Old September 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM
ゆりあき
"The Nature-Loving Gynoid!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
That's an impressive .gif, it made me laugh; Kudos to the person who made it. Usually, I'm also too poor to afford anything but Nintendo's consoles, so the Wii U will probably be the only thing I get this gen as well.

I'm still not completely sold on the tablet, but because the Wii U is compatible with Wii controllers and has it's own Pro controller my concern isn't enough to make me not want the system. That said, I wonder how much a "Budget Version" of this console would cost, i.e. just the system without the gamepad. It seems unlikely they'd actually sell it that way, though. Afterall, the controller is one of the things that is supposed to set it apart from the Wii/PS4/XBOX720.

I think the Wii U itself looks really nice.
Old September 20th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
I don't think I'm going to get the Wii U any time soon, if I'm being honest. I'll end up getting it eventually, but this is actually the most lukewarm I've felt about a Nintendo console in many, many, many years. I definitely can't imagine me getting it in time for this Christmas... maybe not even next Christmas, if there aren't many great games for it.
I'm honestly in the same boat here. Ever since I can remember with the N64 I've had every single Nintendo console practically when it came out. I've had bad experiences with rushing consoles, so I'll wait for a while. Funny though, my mum wants to buy it for me for christmas and my birthday together (since they're close) and I don't really want it. When I get the money, or can slowly pay it off, I'll do that, but until then I'm not getting it.
Old September 21st, 2012, 01:30 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
I don't think I'm going to get the Wii U any time soon, if I'm being honest.
I don't think I will get one at all, but older members will know why I don't want it! XD

I would have to see majorly good games released for it before I can consider getting it.
However, I can see Nintendo are trying to win back the 'Hardcore' gaming groups more and more now, but I think it might be a bit too late.

However, they will still steal Christmas sales, as usual.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:11 AM
Team Fail
A Little Bit Of Sparkle
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I might try squeezing one in on Boxing Day if they're still in stock. Preferably a WiiU Deluxe kit.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I know I wont want a Wii U for a long while.. I am definitely disappointed with the 3DS.. :c
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

I want one, but the desire isn't like it was when the Wii came out. Thankfully it's sold out so it's a thing I won't even consider for quite a while. I don't want to miss the launch of the next Zelda game. So I can buy it and never play it.
Old October 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I would get one if I had the money! I think it looks great, might get one for Christmas! Love the launch line-up too!
Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:52 AM
zephyr6257
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)

I still play my Wii every once in a blue moon, but refreshing it would be nice. I think the Wii U is too underhyped. Sure, it isn't as awesome as when the PS came out and revolutionized the gaming industry, but it is quite an interesting console which I'd like to experiment with. It would be quite a thoughtful gift if someone gave me a Wii U, but isn't really something I really want, like cookies from Nica, or a recording studio~ :3
Old October 7th, 2012, 03:49 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I got to try it out recently for a good two hours at a VIP event (I was lucky enough to win a Nintendo event suddenly, heh).

It seems pretty solid, tbh. That gamepad has a lot of potential and felt sturdier and lighter than I had expected. ZombiU looks fantastic too with the graphics (far superior to the Wii's) and the AI is fairly decent too, especially for what was a demo. Nintendoland looks better than the WiiPlay game the Wii had as well; the few games I tried from that were already more enjoyable and also more challenging (although on that note the main way it shines is in multiplayer games). All in all pretty impressed and certainly getting one sooner or later now.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
So, with the Wii-U just over a month away for everyone, who is getting excited about it?

Have you had chance to look into the games that are coming out for it? Are you still on the fence or are you 'gun-ho' about getting one?
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
When I get the money, I'll buy one.
Mainly for LEGO city undercover, that poo looks awesome!! <3
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Went
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
The launch games don't really excite me so I'll do as with every console and just wait until there is some sort of offer or the first big Mario/Zelda game is announced. Got the GC with Mario Sunshine, DS with Mario 64 DS, Wii (this one on release) with Twilight Princess and 3DS a good amount of months later with Ocarina. So I'll wait for that. NSMBW2 isn't really a killer app in my books :\
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links