The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Scripts & Tutorials

Notices

Scripts & Tutorials This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old July 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Derxwna Kapsyla
X-Class Project, Derxwna, #003

Nature: Lax
Chances are, if you've clicked on this, you either know what Touhoumon is, or are curious enough to learn more. Either way, let me throw in some back-information as to what Touhoumon is before I post the Development Kit so people understand what it is I did.

Touhoumon, or Touhou Puppet Play, is a Japanese Pokemon Hack of Fire Red which replaces Pokemon with the various characters from the prolific Japanese Curtain-Fire game, Touhou Project, produced by Team Shanghai Alice. There are numerous different Touhoumon games (Aqua + Yui, 1.8x, Another World), all with different ideas, but keep the same basic concept - Touhou characters serving as the obtainables in the game.
Example video: Touhou Puppet Play 1.53 Official
I've hung around Touhoumon hackers for many hours on end, and their projects always seem to slip through - lack of understanding, lack of patience, lack of something which makes their projects fall through. No stranger to the pain of constant defeat of hacking, I sought out to create something to help these people create their own Touhoumon game - one that isn't bound by the limitations of a rom. And thus, the Touhoumon Development Kit was created.

With that preface out of the way, the Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit, or Touhoumon DevKit for short, is based off of the latest version of Pokemon Essentials, Version 8 (And I shall continue trying to update as each version comes out.). Like how Touhoumon hacks keep the same core of Pokemon games, the DevKit keeps to the same basic core of what Pokemon Essentials was programmed and developed for.

With that, I will now post the main features and showcases of the Touhoumon DevKit. For a Visual experience, I have included Videos and Pictures of what I have on hand at the bottom of the post.

Mechanics
  • All Touhoumon from the various games and official works, barring 13 (At the present moment). VIVIT is also included. For those that have it, the evolutions work as simple as "Chibi-Normal-EX". I have also left the Pokemon up to Generation III in there, for those who wish to have Pokemon in their game as well.
  • Moves from the 1.5x era of games, extracted directly from Touhoumon Aqua + Yui

Graphics
  • Icons for the Touhoumon, ported directly from 1.8. Some are missing, but the few that are did not exist in 1.8 games.
  • Maribel and Renko are set as the protagonists; Their Overworlds, their Back-Sprites, Trainer Sprites, Map-Icon sprites. All are set in the development kit.
  • Backgrounds for the Continue Menu are changed - they alternate between a Yin-Yang orb and a Mini Hakkero.
  • The Title Screen graphic was changed to say "Touhoumon Essentials" instead of "Pokemon Essentials"
  • Some Touhou Characters have Overworlds and Battle Sprites. There will be more later on.
  • A mass of Overworld sprites were added. I can't quite remember the source, but if I do, I'll be sure to add it to the credits.
  • All of the Orbs from Touhoumon are included, but they do not replace Pokeballs. They are there for those who wish to use either-or.

Exploration Additions
A few new areas were added for the sake of showing off the DevKit. They are as follows:
  • Barrier Cave - It's the linking maps between the Pokemon Essentials maps and the Touhoumon DevKit maps. You also battle 5 trainers there in order to gain access.
  • Border's Edge Village - The main place where the Touhoumon DevKit will be featured. Currently mild, but will improve in later versions. Features the DevGym, and the first working example of a Hotel system.
  • Dilapidated Shrine - A wild battle area with an old Shrine. If you go up to the shrine's door and examine it, your Pokedex will be upgraded to National Listing.

Other Features/Overlooked Features
  • Official Development Credits - You can examine one of the signs by the Pokemon Center in Border's Edge Village and it will start playing them. (The song used for the credits is ?? ~ Innocent Treasures)
  • Flash Video Player - You can examine one of the signs by the Pokemon Center in Border's Edge Village and it will start playing the flash video. The example flash is [S] Lloyd: Enter from a Homestuck fan-session.
  • The Pokedex now differentiates between Pokemon and Touhoumon. Everything that has an ID number beyond 386 in the Pokemon.txt file is classified as a Touhoumon.
  • Various instances of the word "Pokemon" were phased out for a more neutral pronoun (Eg. "Party", "Species", "Target")
  • There is a VERY brief, VERY rough version of the intro to Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version. It does not advance past the Introduction phase of the game, and is not in a playable state. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO GO ANY FURTHER AFTER IT SAYS "ACT 1", AND WILL LOOP THE BATTLE WITH RED REPEATEDLY.

I believe that is everything that is featured and showcased in the Starter Kit. If you have any questions pertaining to the Kit, I would have no objections to answering them. Please remember to double-check before you report an issue

With all of that out of the way, here are the download links to the DevKit. Please remember to give credit to myself and the developers of Pokemon Essentials when using it.

Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit - Version 1 (Mediafire)
The download is in .7z format, you will need WinRar or 7zip to open it.

Thank you for reading all this, I hope you enjoy the DevKit!
-DerxwnaKapsyla

Videos and Pictures
Unfortunately, this is all I have on hand at the moment
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
  • Touhoumon: Faith and Prayer Version - Demo 3.1 Released
Old September 17th, 2012, 01:19 AM
pkek
Unhatched Egg

o.0 great to see this... although no one seems to have a interest in touhoumon in pokecommunity...
have you tried posting this on nuzlocke forum (the one on zetaboards) theres fair amount of touhou/mon players there just to get more people playing and help out on things... :/
hope this helps
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Derxwna Kapsyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkek View Post
o.0 great to see this... although no one seems to have a interest in touhoumon in pokecommunity...
have you tried posting this on nuzlocke forum (the one on zetaboards) theres fair amount of touhou/mon players there just to get more people playing and help out on things... :/
hope this helps
Ah, I did debate posting it on the Nuzlocke forums, but a few friends of mine advised me it'd be an ill-advised move. Unfortunately, there isn't many places to post this kind of thing.
For more information future news and updates to any projects, the following blogs are where I post information. You can usually hit me with a message there when it comes to bug reports or feedback, or general conversation about something.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
  • Touhoumon Essentials Development Starter Kit for RMXP - Version 1 finished and released.
    The following version is outdated a great deal. Do not bother downloading it. I will have a new, revised version up eventually. If you really want the engine, I can provide you with the current engine Faith & Prayer version uses.
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:26 PM
pkek
Unhatched Egg

ahh icic... well theres a specific forum for touhoumon (where A+Y is updated, can say its the official forum for A+Y/aquamentis)
touhoumon acadamy (taikotime(dot)co(dot)cc)
Old November 22nd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Xero187
Unhatched Egg

Whether this would be valid or not, Touhoumon Wold's Creator (Another World/World Link/Marisa/s Magic World) has a blog type site you may be able to find a place to post news and info about this. I have a feeling since this is not a rom hack, it'll be accepted just as well as a rom hack would, probably more so since it would be technically building a game from the ground up that wasn't a different game to begin with
Old November 22nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Derxwna Kapsyla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero187 View Post
Whether this would be valid or not, Touhoumon Wold's Creator (Another World/World Link/Marisa/s Magic World) has a blog type site you may be able to find a place to post news and info about this. I have a feeling since this is not a rom hack, it'll be accepted just as well as a rom hack would, probably more so since it would be technically building a game from the ground up that wasn't a different game to begin with
If I interpreted what you said correctly, I could possibly contact Aichiya Sanae and have him promote the Development Kit. It's not exactly a bad idea, but I don't want to. I'd also be much appreciative if people didn't go asking him if he would promote it - throwing that out there now to prevent further situations. I'd rather handle promotion by myself, and give it to others to promote when I deem necessary.
For now, the DevKit is fine as it is. There's a new version in the works which overhauls this sloppy one, but wont be released for a while.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Derxwna Kapsyla

Official Development Kit Statement:
I'm putting development of the DevKit on Hiatus for the time being. Reasoning is simple enough - Faith & Prayer Version and the DevKit are being developed separately. If I was to make any changes to Faith & Prayer Version, which is getting active work, I'd have to apply the same changes to the DevKit, and continuously update it. I'd much rather release a version of the DevKit that I know will be stable for everyone using it, and I'll only know that once I've made it further on Faith & Prayer's development.
In summarisation, Please do not download the Touhoumon Essentials Development Kit for the time being, unless you're willing to put up with a few critical bugs and attempt to fix them yourself.
Game Projects:
In Progress:
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links