The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old September 14th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu

Advertise here
Spiky's DS Map Editor
by Spiky-Eared Pichu

The next step after Pokémon Gen IV Map Converter is here! Including all the features from the original tool, SDSME opens the way to matrix and header hacking. It also includes 3D viewers for maps and buildings, and visual editors as well. Everything can be done with only a few clicks!

Supported games
  • Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (All languages)
  • Pokémon Platinum (All languages)
  • Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (All languages)
  • Pokémon Black and White (All languages)
  • Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (All languages)
Features available in the current version
  • Header editing
  • Map editing (includes section import/export and permission and building editors, as well as tilesets)
  • Matrix editing
  • Text editing
  • Script and event editing
  • Wild Pokémon editing
  • Trainer editing
Translators
  • Italian: Pichu2000 and xAlien95
  • French: Link_971
  • German: Dragonflye
  • Chinese: Pokewiz000

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Download

v1.8.1 (23/6/2013): http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Note: .NET Framework 4 or a newer version is required to run the tool

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Last edited by Spiky-Eared Pichu; June 23rd, 2013 at 07:23 AM. Reason: New version 1.8.1
Old September 15th, 2012, 10:19 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Woah, I'm surprised no one's posted yet!

Finally a DS Map Editor I'm gonna download this now!

Good job Spiky-Eared Pichu!
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:06 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Wow! This is awesome! Thank you Spiky-Eared Pichu! Now I can do without 3D Material Editor and the other plugins!

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
This is awesome! Spiky you are the future for the hacking ds

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old September 16th, 2012, 01:18 AM
pichu2000
Smoochum

I think this tool may be a good NPRE's partner!
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Thank you all. Remember to report bugs if you find any, it'll really help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Wow! This is awesome! Thank you Spiky-Eared Pichu! Now I can do without 3D Material Editor and the other plugins!
You will continue to need the 3D Material Editor and the plugins. The tool has a nsbmd importer/exporter, which means you have to create the nsbmd yourself. Also, remember that the nsbmd you import must be texture-free; the btx files are linked to maps using the tileset value in that map's header.

Beta 2 available!!

Old September 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
Thank you all. Remember to report bugs if you find any, it'll really help

You will continue to need the 3D Material Editor and the plugins. The tool has a nsbmd importer/exporter, which means you have to create the nsbmd yourself. Also, remember that the nsbmd you import must be texture-free; the btx files are linked to maps using the tileset value in that map's header.
Umm... I got a question is .NET Framework 4.5 the latest .NET Framework version?
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:28 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Umm... I got a question is .NET Framework 4.5 the latest .NET Framework version?
Yes, it is. But I've got .NET Framework 4, and I'm able to use this tool. I've disassembled it, and it's programmed with .NET Framework 4.

You can download it from Microsoft website, google it

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Sark

Wow.

WOWOWOWOWOW.

Any tutorial on how to easily use this? For a real beginner.
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sark View Post
Wow.

WOWOWOWOWOW.

Any tutorial on how to easily use this? For a real beginner.
I'll make a tutorial soon, because the tool is pretty powerful and I don't want people to get lost in that ocean of bytes and buttons (specially in the header editor). In the meantime, I'd suggest to mess around a bit with everything. Find out what everything does, and try things. With this version you can fully edit maps or even move maps around Sinnoh. Thanks for supporting the tool!

Beta 2 available!!

Old September 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm looking forward to the matrix editor and the model editors the most. I have to congratulate you for doing something nobody else wanted to.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:14 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

I don't know what's wrong with my computer The program opens but it can't open the ROM, I got a fresh DIAMOND rom and it says that it Could not find a part of the path, I got .NET Framework 4 Installed but when I try to install 4.5 it says that it's not compatible with my computer...

I'm using Xp...

Guys, help?
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
I don't know what's wrong with my computer The program opens but it can't open the ROM, I got a fresh DIAMOND rom and it says that it Could not find a part of the path, I got .NET Framework 4 Installed but when I try to install 4.5 it says that it's not compatible with my computer...

I'm using Xp...

Guys, help?
When does the error happen? Is it before the game is detected? Before the headers are loaded?

I can understand why it happens, though, and it'll be fixed in the next release.

Beta 2 available!!

Old September 17th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Dr.Razor
Yellow Remaker

This gets me back into romhacking ! Let the R/S/E remake begin =)

http://docrazor.blogspot.com/
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Jayme Moore
Unhatched Egg

I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I tried to open a Soul Silver ROM I got the following message: Unsupported ROM file.

Is the ROM meant to have a certain file extension?

By the way, this looks awesome.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just re-read your post and noticed that HGSS isn't supported yet. Wow, I'm dumb.

Last edited by Jayme Moore; September 17th, 2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Nevermind...
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Tan and Teal
DS ROM Hacker

Nature: Careful
Woah... You really meant huge. So you can do all of it? Texture, Models, Buildings, and even moving maps around Sinnoh (which is like everything for me) etc. ? ...That's actually not too hard to believe, considering how much you've already done. So we've finally reached this point. That's great. Amazing work, Spiky-Eared Pichu. :D

Last edited by Tan and Teal; September 17th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:49 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
When does the error happen? Is it before the game is detected? Before the headers are loaded?

I can understand why it happens, though, and it'll be fixed in the next release.
After the ROM has been loaded... Once you open the program all seems to be fine but, when you load the ROM it says that it could not find a part of the path...
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Oh wow, brilliant! I'm glad we have another map editor for the 4th generation... but not just a map editor... but a matrix editor as well!

So I was really excited and immediately downloaded this tool and gave it a try with Pokémon Platinum.

It unpacked and then I looked into the map matrixes, I was amazed how the different map matrixes and how each one was different for indoor and cave areas. Just as I thought there was something very different about the map matrix with indoor areas and stuff. The main area where all the towns, routes and cities are situated on Matrix 0 as we know already.

But then I decided to take a look at the BMD0 model of the map data on Twinleaf Town. But when that happened, I chose Texture 0 for it's textures, and while it was loading in the Debug menu of nsbmd.exe, it crashed at where it said this:
Code:
convert matid = 8
	tex 'nsand': 16-Color [16,16] texsize = 00000080
	pal 'sandset': pixelnum = 256, repeat = 03
Obviously it doesn't seem to like loading certain textures, or maybe there's more textures in the BTX0 file than what nsbmd.exe is limited to.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Oh wow, brilliant! I'm glad we have another map editor for the 4th generation... but not just a map editor... but a matrix editor as well!

So I was really excited and immediately downloaded this tool and gave it a try with Pokémon Platinum.

It unpacked and then I looked into the map matrixes, I was amazed how the different map matrixes and how each one was different for indoor and cave areas. Just as I thought there was something very different about the map matrix with indoor areas and stuff. The main area where all the towns, routes and cities are situated on Matrix 0 as we know already.

But then I decided to take a look at the BMD0 model of the map data on Twinleaf Town. But when that happened, I chose Texture 0 for it's textures, and while it was loading in the Debug menu of nsbmd.exe, it crashed at where it said this:
Code:
convert matid = 8
	tex 'nsand': 16-Color [16,16] texsize = 00000080
	pal 'sandset': pixelnum = 256, repeat = 03
Obviously it doesn't seem to like loading certain textures, or maybe there's more textures in the BTX0 file than what nsbmd.exe is limited to.
I've noticed that texture0 is a debug texture set that was seen in some really early screenshots of the game from Japan. There's some textures that it's missing. You can render it in-game through some manipulation tricks, but it seems some programs don't render it properly because it's missing some.

If the source of that NSBMD program was released, it'd be awesome because we can fix that bug.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world

Last edited by Team Fail; September 18th, 2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I've noticed that texture0 is a debug texture set that was seen in some really early screenshots of the game from Japan. There's some textures that it's missing. You can render it in-game through some manipulation tricks, but it seems some programs don't render it properly because it's missing some.

If the source of that NSBMD program was released, it'd be awesome because we can fix that bug.
Ah I see, well if we knew assembly. I'm sure we would've disassembled the .exe by now. I wonder who actually made NSBMD?

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Anyways, is anyone else able to edit the matrix? I get errors when it tries to save. It errors with "Could not find a part of the path {filepath}. However, the path exists.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old September 18th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Anyways, is anyone else able to edit the matrix? I get errors when it tries to save. It errors with "Could not find a part of the path {filepath}. However, the path exists.
Oh my, I haven't tried editing the matrix as of yet. I'll have to check it out and see what happens. And do a bit of messing around with it to see how many bugs I can find in this tool.

Old September 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Oh my, I haven't tried editing the matrix as of yet. I'll have to check it out and see what happens. And do a bit of messing around with it to see how many bugs I can find in this tool.
The only real bugs I'm having are with the matrix editors. I can't seem to save them, although I think it'd be nice to add a save button to the Movement Permissions editor, instead of having it autosave at intervals because when I'm editing them, I can only do a few things before I have to wait a minute because the program quits responding for a moment while it saves the permissions.

Edit: Minor heads up: If you want the most efficient use of the program, I recommend you NOT run it from a flash drive or SD card unless you wanna get brownie points for being patient. It opens a rom very slowly, I think the rate of transfer is bottlenecking the program from running efficiently.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Last edited by Team Fail; September 19th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old September 19th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

ERMAHGERD!
Like, ermahgerd O,O
I love you, so much right now.
Like, FINALLY! This is just the step we needed in hacking right now, er mah gerd!
Great job, really. This opens the horizon for so much more, I'm gonna cry :)

Old September 20th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

I have taken all your suggestions and bug reports into account and I'm working on a new version. The features it will include are:
  • Faster matrix editor (now it loads instantly).
  • New saving method for move permissions. There will be a "Save Current" button instead of an automatic save feature (some people complained it was slow).
  • Event and flag editors.
  • Partial HeartGold and SoulSilver support.
  • Fixed read/write operations (shouldn't give an error at startup anymore).
I hope you'll like it when it is released. Thanks for your support!

Beta 2 available!!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here