Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Yep, exactly lol. If I'm going to make a reference be part of the actual story, it will be something like the Legend Festival- Its a reference to Pokémon 2000, so most everyone will be familiar with it by now, and its explained enough.

But yeah, the others are fun. Like having Summer Glau on my hacking team, or some of the things we're working on if you "talk" to the computer screens.

Old September 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Dimebag
Demon Cleaner

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
Yep, exactly lol. If I'm going to make a reference be part of the actual story, it will be something like the Legend Festival- Its a reference to Pokémon 2000, so most everyone will be familiar with it by now, and its explained enough.

But yeah, the others are fun. Like having Summer Glau on my hacking team, or some of the things we're working on if you "talk" to the computer screens.
Yeah and i guess the appearance of mudkip in this hack is based in " i herd you liek mudkipz" joke

\m/ KYUSS \m/
Old September 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

^ That's pretty much the only reason, yeah. Admittedly, that's not the BEST reason to replace three Pokémon, but they're certainly better than Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff, so it's not really a loss. Those three weren't suited to snow anyway haha.

Old September 8th, 2012, 06:27 PM
y0r124
EpicTrainer

Nature: Naughty
Cool Hack :D I like it

Keep up the Good work Mateo

Visit Me Facebook

Goto→

I'm Support these hacks :

Thanks to Banner by to123x
Dark Energy (No Banner)
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Having lots of fun with this hack. Random question, is magmar still found in the burned tower? I've been here for about an hour and have yet to find one.
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Magmar is not in the Burned Tower anymore, he can instead be found in the Pal Park/Safari Zone in Fuchsia City. Glad you're enjoying the hack, though and sorry to leave you hanging like that waiting on a Magmar. When I get the time, I plan on putting together a walkthrough of some kind, that would list things like that.

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Magmar is not in the Burned Tower anymore, he can instead be found in the Pal Park/Safari Zone in Fuchsia City. Glad you're enjoying the hack, though and sorry to leave you hanging like that waiting on a Magmar. When I get the time, I plan on putting together a walkthrough of some kind, that would list things like that.
Oh alright, how about houndor? Are they still found in mt mortar? Just trying to get myself a fire type.
Old September 18th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I don't remember changing the wild pokemon in Mt Mortar, although I don't have it with me to double check right now (I'm in class) so they should still be there.If you're wanting just any Fire type though, You can catch Growlithe on the route West of Violet City, and Vulpix are in Union Cave. Also, the elemental stones are available in the Dept. Store, so you could evolve those into Arcanine and Ninetails, or an Eevee into Flareon. I tried to make sure there were some available by Goldenrod. That way you can use Flame Ball to progress even if you didn't start with Cyndaquil.

EDIT: No, Houndour are not in Mt. Mortar. They also never were, according to Bulbapedia. In original GSC they can only be found on Route 7 in Kanto, and in HG/SS they were added to the Johto Safari Zone as well.

Last edited by Mateo; September 18th, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Adding info about Houndour
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
If you're wanting just any Fire type though, You can catch Growlithe on the route West of Violet City, and Vulpix are in Union Cave.
Vulpix should also be located on Route 37. They tend to know Roar, I believe, which can make catching annoying.

Cyclone
"Y'know...my Emolga really wants to shock your Dedenne."

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:24 AM
Satoshi111
Unhatched Egg

An extremaly fun hack. Great work Mateo!
I support:

By Banner by to123x
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:45 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Thanks mate! Glad you enjoyed it.

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Nomen0123
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Thanks guys! I knew it probably wouldn't get a ton of hits immediately with it not being Christmas time right now, but glad you guys enjoy it!
where do I find Mudkip? whould really want one
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

You can get your first one in a trade in Kanto (trade with a man inside Pewter Museum of Science). After that, you can breed to get as many as you want.

Old October 19th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant
This looks interesting... I will have to try this! There are not enough 2nd Gen hacks out there. Thank you!
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Agreed, there aren't nearly as many Gen II hacks as I would like to see, but there are still a handful of us that enjoy playing and hacking that generation. I hope you enjoy the hack, and feel free to post any comments or questions you have about it.

Old October 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM
IchigoNeko
Unhatched Egg

What emulator can you use to play this?
Nya nya~?
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

It should run in any gameboy emulator for the PC, including the most common one (VBA) and I've played it without problem on GBC A.D. for Android phone. Beyond that I can't really say, since the only things I have to test it on are a PC and an Android phone.

Last edited by Mateo; October 20th, 2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: yep
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:27 PM
Necrum
The box. You opened it. We came.

Nature: Adamant
It works on Lameboy for Flash Carts. I just started last night, and I'm liking the graphical changes. I was just curious, is Red still present in the game? And if so does he have a new team with a more Christmas-y theme and perhaps more of a challenge?
Pinhead
Moderator of Pain
Paired with Orianna

Challenges
Carnival of Horrors
Monotype Challenge
Ones That Got Away

Trade Info
1435-4289-9306
TRT DB Shuppet!
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:19 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Red is very much present. He is not the final trainer, but he plays more of a part in the games. His team is based on Heart Gold and Soul Silver, so it isn't particularly Christmasy or un-christmasy, really. If you want a spoiler as to who the new final trainer is, look at the support banner :p

Also, the final trainer is definitely a challenge.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
IchigoNeko
Unhatched Egg

Hmmm... Thats what I use... I've never had to deal with this type pf file before... I think I messed up trying to attach it to a ROM...
Nya nya~?
Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:09 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoNeko View Post
Hmmm... Thats what I use... I've never had to deal with this type pf file before... I think I messed up trying to attach it to a ROM...
I think you might've patched the hack on the wrong ROM. Make sure it's Pokémon Gold Version, and make sure that it's the English Pokémon Gold, because you might have one in a different language. So I would advise you to check the ROM that you tried to patch, 'cause you never know if it's in a different language such as Spanish. lol
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchigoNeko View Post
Like PokemonShinySilver said, its probably a problem with patching. Just double check that you applied it to the right file. The one I used is the English rom, and the file name should probably be something like "Pokemon Gold (U)". Also, I sent you a message with another *ahem* work around if you continue having problems.

Old November 4th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Luna The Absol
Champion of Telea

Nature: Timid
hey guys, what are ya gonna do next? Cause I still need people to help with a Fire Red hack. And I'm gonna need pros cause I need 5 gen

..wait i just read a comment above me.....well in your banner their is Lucas, Crystal, and the female character for Fire Red.
idk how to make cool ones everyone has.
Please support pokemon: dark soul and please
if you can script, sprite, or design, we need you.
And if you could make a cool looking signature band would be good too
like this one

please support us
by making our first support band

Last edited by Luna The Absol; November 4th, 2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I have almost no experience hacking Fire Red, honestly. Probably wouldn't be very much help with that project.

The next project I've been working on is Pokémon Spirits and Legends, the prequel to this hack. It's still in early development and planning stages though so not a whole lot to see there yet.

Also, that's right about the banner. Since one is the player and one is the rival, the last one is the final trainer. She isn't in Mt. Silver though, she is somewhere in Kanto (But you still have to beat all the gyms like you would to go to Mt. Silver).

Old November 19th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Mateo
Johto Region Champion

I know this is a double post, but its been a bit since the last post, and I had an update, as well as a question for people.

First off, I've announced on Skeetendo that I will be making some changes and updates to this for a release in December.

Some minor updates will include:
-Fix the bug with Mewtwo re-spawning each time you beat the Elite Four
-Fix a bug with the legendary birds not properly closing the text-box after the battle
-Fix a visual bug with Elm's Aid in Violet running down where there is no carpet to leave.
-Changing some of the text that is still the same as the original game and was overlooked
-Updating the remaining trainer sprites that are dressed inappropriately for the snow
-Updating the Title Screen

Some more notable changes will include:
-Changing Trade Evolution Pokémon to evolve without trading
-Completely changing the Trainer House in Viridian, so it will be fun and varied without needing to use Mystery Gift (which is impossible in emulators anyway)
-Adding in a few new locations
-Adding a new gameplay element (using an incense burner to attract wild Pokémon that aren't normally found in the area)
-Changing a few of the events around that are still a little too close to original Gold

The most notable change is:
There will be two slightly different versions. One where you play as Hiro, and one where you play as Kris. The storyline will be the same, but there will be other differences to the Kris version.
-Graphical changes to the bag and trainer card
-Changes to the Rival encounters, since he needs to act like Hiro (naturally).
-Changes to your room decorations and other minor things like that
-Other changes might be implemented as well, depending on how time goes.

Also, Luigi-San on Skeetendo has made another sprite for Kris. I want you guys to vote on which you like better.

For easy comparison, blown up and side by side.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here