The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:57 AM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

Advertise here
So some people seem to get a bit sad when it rains etc, but how do you feel when it rains? Does it make you sad and gloomy or do you feel happy and refreshed when it rains? Or does rain effect you in a different way?
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Sodom
The Bible just got a whole lot sexier.

Nature: Adamant
Rain is a mood elevator for me when I'm either staying at home or going to work. I love the sound of rain and the fact that I have an excuse just to stay inside and waste the day without feeling guilty that I should be out doing something, and I love it when I'm at work because it means work will most likely be quiet and I won't have to do much I also love rain when I'm in bed. It's such a soothing sound as I'm drifting off to sleep.

The only time rain bums me out is when I have to go out and do something. Then it just adds a whole extra tedious layer to my plans for the day and makes it that little bit more stressful. Particularly if I'm driving.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 17th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I don't feel sad, exactly. I just get annoyed, because more often then not, I had some stuff planned for the day. I also hate getting stuck outside in the rain, so in those cases I get mad.

New York and it's random storms smh
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:47 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I love rain, except if I have to walk home in it on the way back from school. The sound it makes while you're snuggling up to a warm fire, or in bed aaaa.
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I actually like the rain part from me being out in it but as I live in rainy old Britain I'm used to it
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Esper

Rain feels nice. It's cooling, but kinda insulating as well. It also looks pretty, sounds pretty, and when it's over there's that nice after rain smell on everything. When it rains the hills turn from brown to green and my allergies to grass and pollen and stuff like that go away. I love rain.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Denny Hamlin
accept d e f e a t

Nature: Brave
Rain is amazing. Like Raichu mentioned, it's a mood elevator. Whenever I hear rain, I shut off my TV, my music, and everything that makes sound around the house so I can clearly hear the rain from the outside. At times I actually open the window so I can hear the raindrops! <3
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Rain is very calming and gentle to me. The sound is very relaxing and I dont mind it at all.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
It makes me feel a bit irritated when it rains.. because my hair gets mega-frizzy :cc But..

@_@ Listening to the rain at night in bed is the best feeling ever. Now that I have skylights in my flat, too.. it is so incredibly nice to lay there and listen to what feels like the rain dropping all around you but not getting wet :3
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
I love rain, and I love thunderstorms even more. I remember spending one night watching one over the sea while my dad was watching TV. I think I was more entertained than him!
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I like the rain too, makes the nearby trees and bushes seem more alive and have a slight fresh smell.. Gets really cold, below 32 F (0 C) then it falls as snow. Seattle is know for rain, but its no where near the rainiest city. I got used to the rain, I also love that first cold feeling of rain hitting my head.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: X - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 1/8 - Game Y - Location: Santalune City
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
RAIN!!! i love the rain same way a fat kid loves cookies..chocolate cookies to be exact lol... i love to dance in the rain i love to watch it washing everything around dust,pain sadness...showing the fake of people (when make up ruined and show the real face of girls) xD

since i was young i looked at it as tears of the sky that ends with a happy rainbow smile...but i do admit sometimes it make me feel grife or nostaligic to some people!

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Avishka
bye. o/
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
I LOOOOOOVRE RAIN AND THE RAINBOW AFTER RAINS!!! <3 <3 <3
Rainy season is the best except that my clothes are always wet and my school books also get wet which take hours to dry

Old September 18th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I forgot to mention, I also love torrential rain. Which I experienced in Mexico my grandma asked me to buy her something from the store, and it was really pouring rain... It was a fun walk!! Glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes rain.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: X - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 1/8 - Game Y - Location: Santalune City
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
It really just depends, for me. Sometimes it'll rain in the most inopportune moments, like right when I want to go somewhere important and that's when I'll hate the rain the most, but otherwise I don't really have an issue with it lmao. u__u
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:29 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

The sound is nice. Being in rain is refreshing in ways but I'm not emotionally swayed by it.
I like it mainly because it's a life-giver; just a nice thought that such a process is continuing.
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I love the rain, sometimes I hate the rain. Sometimes I like to jump in the puddles and go outside with my arms up to the sky and look up and have it rain on me, and sometimes I like to stay inside because it's too murky and dark outside. It really just depends on my mood. But I always love the sound of rain gently tapping on the window.
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
As long as it isn't the middle of Winter, I actually like the rain (or, at least, I've become accustomed to it living on the "wet coast"). Winter rain is the worst, though. When it's dark outside at like 4:00 and just a few degrees above freezing, I have absolutely no desire to leave the comforts of my own home to go outside in the rain.
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

It's my favorite. 8) Ironically, haha, considering I live in LA. We don't get a lot of rain here. :/

That's part of why I'm planning on moving to San Francisco. The rain and the fog are just beautiful. There's something just inherently soothing about a cloudy, rainy sky.
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:31 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
With the weather I've been having, I'm surprised I haven't made a reply to this until now.

Up here in Alaska some of us've been facing strong wings, plenty of scattered rainfall from a sprinkling to flash flood warnings (and, in a few cases, "mini" tornadoes), and I still enjoy it. I've even walked home from school in the rain with an Oreo McFlurry in hand just hours ago. (I ate it.)

Probably like many others, though, I hate when it rains during the winter. I always get disgusted by slush; I actually do whatever I can to avoid walking in it.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Rambagos
Mime Jr.

Nature: Modest
I love rain. Their sound was pretty and I feel my lonely had been thrown away because it. I will always love rain since it doesn't annoying and make a disaster.
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I actually love the rain, it feels amazing to be outside in and it's so cosy being inside! The sound of the rain is lovely, watching it fall is beautiful and the whole package is great :D The only thing I'm not too keen on is when it's that annoying rain where it's hardly raining but somehow you get absolutely soaked through to your skin. But generally speaking I love rain :3
Old September 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
Rain is my favorite kind of weather. The absolute best days are when it's raining early in the morning and it continues throughout the day. That's rare here, which is unfortunate, but apparently this place would flood if it did.
Old September 21st, 2012, 02:06 PM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
It's my favorite. 8) Ironically, haha, considering I live in LA. We don't get a lot of rain here. :/
Far from ironic, actually — it's typically characteristic of communities that don't see much rain to be elated at its appearance, as seasonal rains are or once were a lifeline.
Old September 21st, 2012, 02:22 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
It really depends on my mood and the situation. I DESPISE rain when I'm camping/in the forest. On my way to the bus stop, I don't mind a light drizzle and occasionally just have fun getting soaked. Sometimes it's fun to get caught in the rain and be sopping wet from head to toe.

I love listening to rain/thunder as I go to sleep. :) :) :)

Sponsored Links

Advertise here