Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota

Advertise here
Haha, I'll admit, perhaps this is sort of an advice thread of sorts (I'm suffering, give me a break). But I'm sure many of us have gone through those days where it's just ridiculously hot. Like, sweating in places you never knew you could sweat from hot.

So you're suffering from this heat. What do you do to cool down? I'm sure many of you would go and say you'd turn the air conditioner on, but that's too easy. So, give me a good second if that's your answer. Perhaps you go to the beach, hit the shower, go for a bike ride? Tell me all! Happy posting!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Truality
Left for good

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Truality Send a message via Skype™ to Truality
I don't even have an AC to turn on :<

I have a huge comic collection, though, from which I usually dish out a few to play the role of the fan. Alternatively, lots of cooled water and a cold shower.
This is my December . . .
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Diet and go outside and exercise as much as possible to get used to it. I live in a desert, and I never get hot. lol (Well, lived... I just moved to Seattle, and it's only like 75 here... way too cold for me now. lol)
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:36 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I cool down by turning on the air conditioning indoors or trying to find shade outdoors.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:24 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Get some ice cubes and rub them on your body and put one in your mouth to suck on.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair
Old September 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
I just take a cold shower and stay inside at the AC. Or if possible, I go to a friend's house or a family member's house and jump in their pool. That's a better way to kick the heat.
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life

Last edited by Denny Hamlin; September 3rd, 2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: ew smilies, forgot to turn those off >_<
Old September 3rd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
At home, fans. I've got one that points at me at the desk so I hardly ever get hot while I'm here. Water, with ice if it's really hot. Sometimes the cold shower if it's desperate. (My house has decent AC though so that's usually last resort.)
My FC is 1177-7075-4188
Dunsparce/Audino/Eevee Safari
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:41 AM
Esper

I get naked. Or semi-naked. Or if I have to wear something decent then really short, thin clothes. And I stay indoors where it is cool and leave the lights off because darkness feels cooler.

Sometimes I'll go to the beach, but I don't always even want to take the time to do that because it feels too hot.

deviantart blog pair
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Get in the car and crank up the air conditioning because there ain't one in our house... the family is too cheap to even get a window unit.

Right now, I'm trying my best to keep cool with fans. They don't really work that well in the afternoon when the sun is beating down into my room. I'll use freezer packs as well if certain parts of my body (my upper back is miserable for this) get excessively hot.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I have a pool so I usually use that when the AC doesn't work. Outside of that, I go to 7Eleven for a nice cold slushie :D

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
If I'm out and it suddenly gets really hot, then I try and find the shadiest place possible and stay there for as long as I can. If I'm inside, I open up all the windows, turn off the lights and bask in the cool darkness. Apart from when I'm driving, nowhere that I go to has air conditioning, so I've got to make do with what I've got, unfortunately.
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

I'd put ice cubes or cold running water on my wrists, palms facing up. I have to sit down if I get too hot. >.<
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I just...sit really still most of the time. I can't really beat the heat, I just wilt. :(
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi-san View Post
At home, fans. I've got one that points at me at the desk so I hardly ever get hot while I'm here. Water, with ice if it's really hot. Sometimes the cold shower if it's desperate.
This is it for me too. Sadly my flat doesn't have A/C but luckily it doesn't get that hot @_@ Cold on the other hand.. it gets cold and I am looking into buying a nice electric blanket <3
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old September 17th, 2012, 05:17 PM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
We have AC in our house but currently it's broke so to cool down, I just turn on the fans and open the windows. If it's really hot , I wet a towel with cold water, freeze it, and put around my neck. It really works.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old September 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
its nice and cool in new york
Old September 17th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

I usually wet a washing cloth and wipe the cool water on my face.

Also, when I get thirsty in the hot weather I like to have nice cool drinks.
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
CarefulWetPaint
Time to Say Goodbye
Community Supporter

I get naked! Jks. I actually just take my shirt off then sit infront of a fan if it gets too hot.
If it gets REALLY hot I just run on down to the beach and hit that up like a true Aussie.
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:26 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Ironically it's raining here right now.

But when it's gets really hot which should be in a couple of months here, it gets hot. Although, I usually just fight it with an army of fans, and cold glasses of water. Plus we have an air conditioner too, which is great.
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I know the hot feeling, I remember when it got up to 103 F (39.4 C) in Seattle (July 29th, 2009) I could barely stand it, sitting in front of the AC eating ice cream didn't help much.

Helps me out during the heat is fan, loose clothing (shorts, shirt outside-none inside). Ice water helps, air conditioner on, eating ice cream too.

btw QuilavaKing we live in the same city, Seattle. Cold? just wait for the snow to fall.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Doesn't ever happen really in Boston, but I will answer anyway. Most of the time I will go swimming at a friends pool or just stay inside with the AC on.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I may fan myself, but it'll be ineffective and I'll end up losing energy. I'll sit in the shade if I can, assuming it's outside. That's really the most I'd do. Otherwise, I'll probably complain to myself about how hot it is and that'd be that.
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Other than always having my water bottle with me (even around the house) or maybe taking a cold shower, all I really ever do is wait it out. There isn't any AC in my house, so I find putting on the fans just blows the warm air around even more. Oh, and ice cream always helps out a bit, too.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old September 20th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Complain a lot and have a cold shower, works for me :3 Plus I know this sounds stupid, but closing your eyes and picturing a cold place like a huge snowy mountain or something does seem to help too xD As run your fingers lightly across your skin so it tingles and makes you shiver, that feels cold too :3
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here