The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Ausaudriel's Avatar
Ausaudriel
lieutenant commander
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Frozen North
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
We just finished working on a new style sector, based loosely on the old one with the tiny icons. This version has bigger images than before, making it easier to actually see what you're picking. XD

You can get to it by clicking here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=styleselector

There's also a new "featured styles" box at the bottom of the forum index. Every couple week's we'll change it, maybe having supporters vote on them in the VIP or something. Not sure yet.

Anyway, this thread is for feedback! If you see anything broken or can think of a way to improve it, let us know here. 8)

One thing I want to do is have them broken into categories and colors. So like, "Dark Styles", "Light Styles", "Special Events", etc. And then a color picker so you can choose styles based on red, based on green, and so forth.
__________________
x paired with sylphiel x
x I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment x
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:47 AM
awolfsquared's Avatar
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Oh wow I really like this more than the old one. The larger image really make it easier and give you a better idea of what the style looks like. The only thing I noticed that not all the style have a description when you roll your mouse over. If they're all suppose to, then you should fix that.
Other than that I noticed no other problems. I like the idea of having categories and a color picker cause then people can choose a style that fits their own personal style or interest.
__________________

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
I love the new style selector. This update was needed and now with even more personal touch to it.

And the larger images give us a better impression of what it will look nice.

Great job Audy!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Ausaudriel's Avatar
Ausaudriel
lieutenant commander
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Frozen North
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Oh wow I really like this more than the old one. The larger image really make it easier and give you a better idea of what the style looks like. The only thing I noticed that not all the style have a description when you roll your mouse over. If they're all suppose to, then you should fix that.
Other than that I noticed no other problems. I like the idea of having categories and a color picker cause then people can choose a style that fits their own personal style or interest.
Yeah... the descriptions are left over from the old style selector, and we never finished giving them all descriptions. :P I'll work on that another night.

Same with the creator names. They all say "PokeCommunity" by default, and I only did a page or two of adding in the right names. A lot of styles still need to be updated for that.
__________________
x paired with sylphiel x
x I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment x
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Avishka's Avatar
Avishka
Busy.
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2011
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
it looks really nice! Now it is very easy to select a style!!
wow! There are soo many styles! i have used only a few.
the category and color picker is also nice

Good job guys!! :D :D :D :D
__________________
Pairs | VM | PM | Sister | Previously | Skype.

Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:10 AM
awolfsquared's Avatar
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
Yeah... the descriptions are left over from the old style selector, and we never finished giving them all descriptions. I'll work on that another night.

Same with the creator names. They all say "PokeCommunity" by default, and I only did a page or two of adding in the right names. A lot of styles still need to be updated for that.
Ah ok.Then I really don't see any bugs or problems. Once again, a really nice job.
__________________

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Love the new style selector, especially the 'featured styles' box. One thing which could be good is if each style had usage statistics next to it? So if you see a lot of people are using x theme then you know it's worth trying out, plus it'd be interesting to see. :3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Twilight Sky's Avatar
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Gender: Female
Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
Holy crap, nice job with this, guys. o_o it looks really nice...
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM
revere
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Nature: Relaxed
I love the new Style Selector. It's so useful & handy for me, a constant style changer & it evens show you previews of how the style would look like if you used it. Great job, hoping for more new releases >^3^'>
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old September 18th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
In case you need the credits for some of them...

Chromatic was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Dawn of Champions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Style'd! was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
PokeBok was created by Requility.
Simple was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Nimbasa's Shining Beauty was created by Morkula and Abnegation.
Stunfisk'd was created by Kipp and Requility.
New Directions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
The Top Dog was created by Requility.
Snivy's Holiday was created by Abnegation.
The Stand Nexus was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
PokéCommunity Black Version was created by Rukario.
Flames of Simplicity was created by Abnegation.
Generation InVerse was created by Forgotten Memory.
Unova's Violet Masquerade was created by Requility.
slooooowpooooke was created by Lightning.
The Johto Elite was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
Dimensional Rift was created by Gerri Shin.
Begin, Again was created by Forgotten Memory.
Time and Space was created by parallelzero.
Generation2 was created by Forgotten Memory.
Sweet Kisses was created by Matthew.
Route 167 was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
The Pokéthletes was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Pichu2 was created by Matthew
Sinnoh Springs was created by Forgotten Memory.
The Golden Girl was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Final Resistance was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Pawlicious was created by Color Me Evil and Forgotten Memory (but he went by Danja when he made it.)
Ampharos' Starry Night was created by Forgotten Memory.
Bewitched was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
Seeds of Platinum was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Unseen Forces was created by Matthew.
Azure Fantasy was created by Matthew.
<don't know anything before that>

"Click on the name of the style to switch to it." in the description. Clicking on the style name doesn't switch it.

Last edited by Patchisou Yutohru; September 18th, 2012 at 07:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Axeliira's Avatar
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Cali
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Really impressed with the new style switcher. The larger images gives me an in-depth look at the styles before I decide to switch to one. Great job, guys!

Also, I wanted to point this out: I wanted to try out the Style'd style, but I keep getting redirected to the default style (Nimbasa's Shining Beauty). I remember using this style as a mod back then so I assume the style is exclusively for staff+?
__________________
No more lives torn apart,
That wars would never start,
& time would heal all hearts.
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:32 AM
droomph's Avatar
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: bar'jách
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Dno if this is related to this bu I can't find the mobile skin and tbh that's the only way my iPod cooperates with PC.
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt


Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hoenn
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
This is great! Now I won't be clicking through each style to get an idea of what it looks like XD; As someone who likes to change styles every so often, I really appreciate this change. n_n
__________________

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Mr Cat Dog's Avatar
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Is there any way to permanently close the 'featured styles' box at the bottom of the forum index? I keep closing it every time I traverse through the main page, but every time I come back it pops open again! It's only a little thing, admittedly...

The aesthetic design of the new Style Selector is really nice, though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:10 PM
WillPowerPedro's Avatar
WillPowerPedro
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 14
Nature: Jolly
Definitely an improvement! Thank you! Good job! But, it doesn't matter that much to me because I am using the "sloooooowpoke" style forever! XD
__________________
check out my music doeeee


sorry i am like never active on here anymore but you should hmu on my soundcloud or sumthin, fam
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old September 18th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Ausaudriel's Avatar
Ausaudriel
lieutenant commander
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Frozen North
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
Is there any way to permanently close the 'featured styles' box at the bottom of the forum index? I keep closing it every time I traverse through the main page, but every time I come back it pops open again! It's only a little thing, admittedly...

The aesthetic design of the new Style Selector is really nice, though.
Oi, that's weird. It's cookie-based like the categories, so it should keep your settings when you visit a different page. O.o

I'll look at the code and make sure I didn't typo somewhere later, haha. It happens. :x
__________________
x paired with sylphiel x
x I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment x
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:19 PM
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
^ Yeah, I had the same deal as well, and across different browsers as well. It's a neat feature but one I'd rather keep closed/minimised for the times I am content with the current style.
__________________
Gym Leader Wattson wants to battle!
The cheerfully electrifying man!
Wahahahaha! Good things come to those who laugh!
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old September 20th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Ausaudriel's Avatar
Ausaudriel
lieutenant commander
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Frozen North
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Okay, I fixed the issue on the collapse not working. It'll be just like forum categories now. If you collapse one, it'll stay collapsed until you log out or you switch to another browser/lose your cookies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
In case you need the credits for some of them...

Chromatic was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Dawn of Champions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Style'd! was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
PokeBok was created by Requility.
Simple was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Nimbasa's Shining Beauty was created by Morkula and Abnegation.
Stunfisk'd was created by Kipp and Requility.
New Directions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
The Top Dog was created by Requility.
Snivy's Holiday was created by Abnegation.
The Stand Nexus was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
PokéCommunity Black Version was created by Rukario.
Flames of Simplicity was created by Abnegation.
Generation InVerse was created by Forgotten Memory.
Unova's Violet Masquerade was created by Requility.
slooooowpooooke was created by Lightning.
The Johto Elite was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
Dimensional Rift was created by Gerri Shin.
Begin, Again was created by Forgotten Memory.
Time and Space was created by parallelzero.
Generation2 was created by Forgotten Memory.
Sweet Kisses was created by Matthew.
Route 167 was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
The Pokéthletes was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Pichu2 was created by Matthew
Sinnoh Springs was created by Forgotten Memory.
The Golden Girl was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Final Resistance was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Pawlicious was created by Color Me Evil and Forgotten Memory (but he went by Danja when he made it.)
Ampharos' Starry Night was created by Forgotten Memory.
Bewitched was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
Seeds of Platinum was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Unseen Forces was created by Matthew.
Azure Fantasy was created by Matthew.


"Click on the name of the style to switch to it." in the description. Clicking on the style name doesn't switch it.
Oops, I missed this the first time. Thanks for that list, Nick. 8) I'll update some of those when I get home.

Also a big public-thanks to Nica for doing more than half of the screenshots for the styles. <3 :]
__________________
x paired with sylphiel x
x I am a magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment x
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Um, whenever I click on the Begin Again style, it doesn't work and sends me back to the standard Nimbasa theme with Emolga and Elesa. I'm not using the style, but just thought I'd point it out.
__________________
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:29 PM
gunnerpow7's Avatar
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
I just wanted to point out that whenever I click on that link, it shows up as a page with a header and no styles to choose from.... :/

Here's a sample image...
Spoiler:
__________________
キレイハナ
When the heavy rainfall season ends, it is drawn out by warm sunlight to dance in the open.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆

Last edited by gunnerpow7; September 29th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old September 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
Um, whenever I click on the Begin Again style, it doesn't work and sends me back to the standard Nimbasa theme with Emolga and Elesa. I'm not using the style, but just thought I'd point it out.
By the looks of it, Begin, Again is a supporter+ theme.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #22    
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:19 PM
droomph's Avatar
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: bar'jách
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
By the looks of it, Begin, Again is a supporter+ theme.
If it so is, why can he see it? That's kinda mean imo
__________________
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt



Last edited by droomph; September 29th, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23    
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
If it so is, why can he see it? That's kinda mean imo
The same reason it shows Style'd, even though that's only a staff style. I guess it shows all the styles that aren't active (meaning restricted to only admins with the core code of vBulletin).
__________________
5300 - 9115 - 5042
Reply With Quote
  #24    
Old September 29th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Team Fail's Avatar
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
The same reason it shows Style'd, even though that's only a staff style. I guess it shows all the styles that aren't active (meaning restricted to only admins with the core code of vBulletin).
Oh, there's even staff-only styles too? The more you know.

I remember this issue appearing quite some time ago. Looks like it's coming back again.
__________________

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Reply With Quote
  #25    
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Oh alright. Didn't know that it was for supporters. Not using it, so not a major issue.
__________________
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:24 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.