• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Least Favorite (or absolute favorite) Part of Fire Red/Leaf Green?

Years
I don't know about you all but I've heard of people who didn't like how easy it is compared to the originals (Yes, the remakes were made easier!) But are there other things about these games you can't stand?

And if not, what do you LOVE about these versions?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My favorite part of the game...um...haha. Well um...you know...that part...when you get Eevee. XD My least favorite part...is almost everything I guess. I don't really like playing these games at all, so I think it's fair to say the majority of the game is my least favorite part. :P For simplicity's sake though, I really hate Silph Co. I used to have that place memorized from back when I liked to play FRLG, but not anymore, so yeah...I got lost last time I did it haha.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
My least favorite part is how they seemed to make the dungeons and etc. noob-friendly compared to the originals. I'm all for change, but not when it makes the game that much easier. Just my two cents.

pokeskate

Lerroux says "bye-bye!
Years
favorite part? The whole thing cuz its red/blue with way better graphics! I enjoyed the sevii islands addition and battling garys pidgeot again:)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Hmm, hard to say, as there isn't much to the games that I actually dislike. This has been greatly improved from R/B/Y though, but all the caves I guess. Mt. Moon is pretty much the same as it was back in the old games, but the Rock Tunnel was so much less of a pain going through when you were actually able to see something, however it's still the thing I dislike the most about the game. What I liked the most about the game would probably be all the post-game inclusions. All the stuff they added with the Sevii isles, and the stuff you had to go through before being able to battle Mewtwo were some of the things that really helped make the game better than the originals, even though FR/LG have gotten much critique.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ironically for those who know me, Cinnabar Mansion is my least favourite part of the story. Going through that place is horrid, it's so confusing and the Pokémon all poison you and stuff and rsngljdlgssd :( But after completion I tend to spend 90% of my time there training since I love the Pokémon in there (Poison types <3) and I'd kill for a shiny Koffing/Grimer xD Most favourite part? I'd have to say reviving the fossils and the Safari Zone, those bits are both super exciting and you can get some kickass Pokémon from them :3

Years
My least favorite part about FR/LG is that once you've finished the main and post stories, there isn't really anything else to do.

I really did like the addition of the Sevii Islands, though. It was nice to explore a brand new area that wasn't in the original, with many cool things to see like the Sevault Canyon and the Tanoby Ruins.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
There's actually nothing I disliked about it. I thought it was a good remake. Well if I had to pick something then I would have to say no Day/Night system. I know the originals didn't have them either but they could'v at least added it. But I liked how they added the 7 Islands and stuff.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
My least favourite part was always wandering into Lavender Town. I've only been there to finish the main storyline and then run away like lightning. There are so many things I dislike about it. The game soundtrack is still one of the creepiest, even though they attempted to improve it.

My favourite was probably just catching legendaries and getting data for my Pokedex xD. I always felt satisfied when I caught a new Pokemon and would feel pleased for the rest of the day. I also didn't want to let old Professor Oak down!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
My favourite part of the games is pretty hard to pick, seeing as they were pretty dull compared to other games and the fact that I have trouble picking favourites. My least favourite part is the post-game and getting the ruby and sapphire. I wanted to trade straight away.

squirrelfeet

I think that most of the aftergame (save perhaps the very end with the Team Rocket remnants planning to restore Team Rocket) was not well thought-through. Also, I don't like Lorelei going away from the Elite 4 during this period, as I cannot level my Pokes...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Can't say there was anything I didn't like about the games, actually.

Some of my favorite parts were exploring Lorelei's hometown and meeting her outside of battles, throwing down against Giovanni again, the introduction of the invaluable Vs. Seeker, and of course, my favorite aspect was the awesome girl trainer you could play as. I played as her every single time I went through my Leaf Green game, and I probably replayed that game more times than any other game, Pokemon or otherwise.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
Least Favourite would be that stupid cave that requires you to use flash. The first time I played LeafGreen, I navigated through the entire cave WITHOUT flash. It IS impossible but outright annoying, luckily I had heaps of repel prepared. My favourite parts would be exploring the berry forest on one of the islands, actually, all the islands were my best moments, I love them all! :)

gavin2090

Pokemon Master
Years
My favorite part of the game would probably be navigating cerulean cave, but my least favorite part would be getting through silph co. That took so long with all the stupid warp tiles!

#isthenumbersign
Years
I actually didn't actually like the islands they added. They were kinda boring and there were a lot of them hahaha. It was cool that the Day Care and Johto Pokemon were added, but that's pretty much it. :P

Back