The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old September 18th, 2012 (02:30 PM).
Latios
Unhatched Egg

Hey there everyone

Wow it's been a fair while since I posted on these forums. I was a Pokémon fan back then, but my interests have moved to other gaming franchises since then, namely Metroid.

I am curious to see how many Metroid fans are on these forums and hopefully there is an opportunity to find and speak to more of you and make some new friendships. So, I guess I should start a conversation and hope that others will join in eh?

What is your favourite Metroid game and why?
Old September 18th, 2012 (05:45 PM).
Olly
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
My favourite is Super Metroid. I prefer 2D games to 3D in general so that's one reason, plus the music and atmosphere is just awesome
Old September 18th, 2012 (06:10 PM).
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Well, I haven't played the Metroid games as much as the Pokemon games, but I am familiar with it all. Metroid Prime was my first Metroid game, and wow was it cool. The atmosphere of it all, and taking on Meta Ridley was epic!!! XD
And I still get a shiver whenever I see a Metroid coming in close on me (which is why it's so much 'fun' going through the last level in Prime)

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 23rd, 2012 (07:06 AM).
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
my favorite is metroid II return of samus for the original gameboy as it was probably the most involved and challenging game on that system....took me about a year and a half to beat(give me a break i was like 6 when i played)

runner up would be the original metroid for nes which i have yet to beat because i was too young to understand it back then and havent rebought it on any nintendo store if they even have it

my favorite thing about metroid was the consistent upgrades you would get, especially the fact that as far as i know there were really cool ones you could actually miss. that plus rolling into a ball and using bombs to get places you werent supposed to yet/ever

Old September 23rd, 2012 (02:56 PM).
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I am slowly in the middle of playing all the games.

I've played Metroid: Zero Mission, and all four Prime games. Next up is Metroid II.

I'm really enjoying this series and this playthrough because I haven't played a lot of them before
Old September 23rd, 2012 (03:03 PM).
Latios
Unhatched Egg

Fantastic responses so far guys! My favourite Metroid game has to be Metroid Prime, it's the game I first started out with back in 2004 and from there I picked up every other Metroid game and completed them. I still have to finish some on hard mode.

Favourite weapon in a Metroid game?
Old September 24th, 2012 (06:44 AM).
Jeremy
Sweetie
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well sweetie, I'm a huge Metroid fan myself, in fact it's my favorite franchise of all time. My favorite games are Super Metroid and Metroid. I have played and beaten all the games, and own some of the manga and merchandise.

My favorite weapon in a Metroid game is the Ice Beam/Ice Missiles. Or the Hyper Beam in Super Metroid.

Facebook Twitter

Old September 24th, 2012 (12:40 PM).
Latios
Unhatched Egg

Awesome! I think mine is probably the Hyperbeam from Super Metroid, or the Plasma beam from Prime!
Old September 24th, 2012 (12:48 PM).
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
as far as weapons i vote ice beam, that weapon sure came in handy plus if i remember correctly it was used for some platforming?(as in freeze and enemy,jump on them to jump somewhere else-then again its been awhile ill be able to remember as i replay metroid II)

Old September 24th, 2012 (12:50 PM).
Latios
Unhatched Egg

Ice beam is certainly handy in Metroid, always has been.
Old September 25th, 2012 (05:08 PM).
White_Arcanine
Lonely and annoying.

Nature: Lonely
I love the Metroid games too, I didn't really get to play the older ones. I've beaten all three Primes (Well, not really Echoes, I still have to find all 9 Sky Temple keys.) I have the Prime Trilogy edition for Wii. I also have Other M. And no, I don't hate it. If a game can make me cry it's a good game... Unless it's so terrible it makes me cry.
Old September 25th, 2012 (05:13 PM).
Latios
Unhatched Egg

Hey Arcanine that's pretty cool! Those temple keys were a pain for me. It's nice that you own the Trilogy disc, take good care of it, the value has risen and will continue to rise as years go by, it's very limited.

Other M certainly had its moments, but it wasn't a terrible game IMO. It had some amazing cutscenes, loved them, especially the ending!
Old September 28th, 2012 (08:39 AM).
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

I'm ashamed that I never played the original. My first Metroid game was Super Metroid, but I never beat it. The only game I completed was the remake of the first game. I also played Zero Mission for a while.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old September 28th, 2012 (08:54 AM).
Sector

Nature: Naughty
Well, I've played all the Metroid, they are easily up there in terms of my favorite franchise with Super Mario, Pokemon, Star Fox, Fallout & Battlefield games. Must be because I love exploring a bit, thanks Fallout...though Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is easily my favorite in terms of the Wiimote, LOVE that advance sesnitivity! The newer Metroid games, the more I usually like it. I have yet to play Other M though. But I will end up having it....soon.

Oh weapon...I love them all the same. I like how the Hypermode in Metroid Prime 3 is set up, if you consider that a weapon.

Also, I've curious but haven't really been looking, anyone needing friend vouchers to trade up? I mean, you can't really get 100% in Prime 3 without trading those...Personally hate games that does this, let alone to find a certain amount of different players that actually still have or play this game!
Old September 28th, 2012 (10:29 AM).
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Arcanine View Post
I love the Metroid games too, I didn't really get to play the older ones. I've beaten all three Primes (Well, not really Echoes, I still have to find all 9 Sky Temple keys.) I have the Prime Trilogy edition for Wii. I also have Other M. And no, I don't hate it. If a game can make me cry it's a good game... Unless it's so terrible it makes me cry.
I don't know why people have to feel so hesitant to say they enjoyed a certain game. Whenever Other M is brought up there is somebody who does legitimately like it and I see they always need to start by saying "I don't hate the game" and try to say one thing mild that they feel they won't offend anyone. It's what the world of YouTube videos and the video game community do to ya, it makes people feel ashamed for what you like even though when you picked up the game, you know you liked it just out of your own honesty.

I'm actually glad somebody did say it's a good game because you're not alone. It's actually my personal favorite 3-d Metroid game and I've played everything in the Metroid series up until now. It gave me another perspective of Samus's more caring side then just being an action shoot-girl. The gameplay was just incredibly addicting. I actually did like the story. Grant it, it's not perfect but I still really enjoyed it.

Super Metroid still holds out to be my favorite 2-d Metroid and probably still holds out to be my favorite Metroid game of all time. Lots to explore, good mixture of atmospheric music and rather active music. My personal favorite power-ups to use. Great boss battles. There is just so little to not love about the game

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old November 21st, 2012 (05:29 PM).
Latios
Unhatched Egg

It's great to see so many Metroid fans here at Pokecommunity

If anyone is interested, our website Shinesparkers recently finished up on a project called Harmony of a Hunter: 101% Run, a follow up to our album we released last year to mark the 25th anniversary of the Metroid franchise. Everything you need to know about both albums should be here on our website.

http://www.shinesparkers.net/harmonyofahunter

Would be great to hear your thoughts! If you aren't sure about downloading it, go to the Media section and check out the previews!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links