The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old September 12th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Alex btw why don't you add a Pokémon of the week system? I think it could be interesting, and bring up new topics and else.
I can't wait for the Battle Tournament.

If all the Electric type Pokémon entered a battle royale, which would win and which would be KOed first?


The Plusle & Minun Alex's idea is awesome *v* Even if I doubt they'll be able to last a long time...
Well, without counting the legendaries for obvious reasons, I think the first one to be KOed would be Pichu. Poor little thing, in the middle of such a battle...
And the winner would be Eelektros. This Pokémon is really powerful, it always gave me trouble. And the final battle would oppose it against Jolteon :3
__________________

  #102    
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Major Ziggs's Avatar
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Alex btw why don't you add a Pokémon of the week system? I think it could be interesting, and bring up new topics and else.
I can't wait for the Battle Tournament.
Sure, and for suggesting it you can choose the first one! n.n Make sure you give a good reason though c;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Well, without counting the legendaries for obvious reasons, I think the first one to be KOed would be Pichu. Poor little thing, in the middle of such a battle...
Oh wow, how did I forget Pichu? xD I can imagine Electrivire punching the poor thing sky high, it wouldn't stand a chance ._. It could potentially abuse it's cuteness to make sure the other Pokémon don't attack it though? :D That's the only way I can see it not getting KOed instantly xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
And the winner would be Eelektros. This Pokémon is really powerful, it always gave me trouble. And the final battle would oppose it against Jolteon :3
Jolteon? Interesting, what makes you think Jolteon would get so far? It doesn't have a hugely diverse move pool, especially not for dealing with other Electric types, and it's pretty fragile... I guess it is pretty strong though and incredibly fast, it might have a good chance of avoiding the other Pokémon's attacks. If only it wasn't so defenceless against something like a Stunfisk with Ground attacks D:
__________________
  #103    
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Cadance's Avatar
Cadance
& Shining Armour
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pocono
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
If all the Electric type Pokémon entered a battle royale, which would win and which would be KOed first?

Seeing that I've also dealt with Electric types, I think I'll have to agree with Mentalii for Plusle/Minun. They look too puny and weak enough to withstand a strong electrical attack! One thunder attack and they're probably done.

The winner would be Raichu, seeing that it has a ton of voltage in its electrical attacks, I'd say it'll dominate.

Oh, and this is Megan btw, I know my name still says Meganium90 on the first post. :3
__________________

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
  #104    
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Sure, and for suggesting it you can choose the first one! n.n Make sure you give a good reason though c;
Awesome :D Well... What do you think about... Luxray? As for the reason, it depends of what you mean to be a good reason My reason would be that among the electric-type, it looks to be the one that the title "Shocking stars" suits the best So, that's a good think for the very first Pokémon of the Week, isn't it? Moreover, its colour scheme also reminds the colours scheme first page of the club. And it's a strong Pokémon, it deserves to be the Pokémon of the week. In a word, I think it's perfect to start the PoOTW system.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Jolteon? Interesting, what makes you think Jolteon would get so far? It doesn't have a hugely diverse move pool, especially not for dealing with other Electric types, and it's pretty fragile... I guess it is pretty strong though and incredibly fast, it might have a good chance of avoiding the other Pokémon's attacks. If only it wasn't so defenceless against something like a Stunfisk with Ground attacks D:
Yes, I was mainly thinking of its speed And I don't think Stunfisk would go far... I imagine it would faint before even trying to attack Jolteon. I said Jolteon would be the second one to last at the end, but anyway it was either it, either Manectric or Luxray.
__________________

  #105    
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Major Ziggs's Avatar
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
The winner would be Raichu, seeing that it has a ton of voltage in its electrical attacks, I'd say it'll dominate.
Interesting, Raichu was an answer I certainly didn't expect to come up o3o I guess it is supposed to be pretty powerful, but I can't really see it doing better than something like a Magnezone or Electivire... I suppose Raichu does have speed and dexterity on it's side more than the stronger Electric types would, but I still can't really see it winning xD Explain more! ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Storm View Post
Oh, and this is Megan btw, I know my name still says Meganium90 on the first post. :3
Not any more ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Awesome :D Well... What do you think about... Luxray? As for the reason, it depends of what you mean to be a good reason ^^ My reason would be that among the electric-type, it looks to be the one that the title "Shocking stars" suits the best :) So, that's a good think for the very first Pokémon of the Week, isn't it? Moreover, its colour scheme also reminds the colours scheme first page of the club. And it's a strong Pokémon, it deserves to be the Pokémon of the week. In a word, I think it's perfect to start the PoOTW system.
Sounds like a perfect reason to me, Luxray it is! I'll update it now c: The Shinx family was what I had in mind whilst designing the club (Shocking Stars was from it's tail x]) so I'm glad someone actually noticed! xD It's a perfect choice for the first Pokémon of the Week n.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Yes, I was mainly thinking of its speed ^^ And I don't think Stunfisk would go far... I imagine it would faint before even trying to attack Jolteon.
Interesting, what makes you think that? Stunfisk's a pretty bulky Pokémon as especially with it's Ground typing I can't see it fainting too quickly at all :3 What can you imagine happening to make it faint so early? xD I guess if it was up against something like a Lanturn then it probably wouldn't pull through, but I'm sure it can hold it's own against most things haha.

Also I can't find a great PotW picture for Luxray, it's art is all too big D: Anyone have any suggestions for pictures to use? n.n
__________________

Last edited by Major Ziggs; September 20th, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
  #106    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Mentalii's Avatar
Mentalii
Back
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: France
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Interesting, what makes you think that? Stunfisk's a pretty bulky Pokémon as especially with it's Ground typing I can't see it fainting too quickly at all :3 What can you imagine happening to make it faint so early? xD I guess if it was up against something like a Lanturn then it probably wouldn't pull through, but I'm sure it can hold it's own against most things haha.

Also I can't find a great PotW picture for Luxray, it's art is all too big D: Anyone have any suggestions for pictures to use? n.n

Lanturn was exactly what I was thinking about A water attack and it's over with it. Stunfisk's Attack and Spe.Attack are pretty low, it couldn't defend itself as it should against an electric type that can face the ground type. Besides Stunfisk kind of reminds me of Lanturn, in the sense that they've both awesome double-types, but aren't actually that strong. So despite their great double-types, they wouldn't last too long. First Stunfisk would get KOed by Lanturn, and then it would be Lanturn's turn against any other Electric-type.

Meee I have pictures suggestions. What do you think of one of these ones?


Spoiler:








If there's a size problem, just tell me
__________________

  #107    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sindria
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Name: Cirno
Partner: Emolga

If all the Electric type Pokémon entered a battle royale, which would win and which would be KOed first?

As stated already, I really can't see Pichu lasting too long. D/ It's tiny and has horrendous HP/defenses, so it'd surely be the first to lose lmao. Legends aside, I think Lanturn has a good shot at emerging victorious since it's really bulky and has can even have Volt Absorb for its ability~
__________________
pair clubs
family twin
my star
  #108    
Old September 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
If all the Electric type Pokémon entered a battle royale, which would win and which would be KOed first?

I'd agree with these people that Pichu would be KO'ed first due to horrendous HP and defensive stats. It's extremely frail.

As for who would win, I'd see Eelektross do it cos of its good movepool and Levitate giving it no weaknesses.

Oh, and welcome to the club Cirno!
__________________


Paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
Battle Server | Tumblr | TWL | Profile | Supporter

  #109    
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Major Ziggs's Avatar
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post

Lanturn was exactly what I was thinking about ^^ A water attack and it's over with it. Stunfisk's Attack and Spe.Attack are pretty low, it couldn't defend itself as it should against an electric type that can face the ground type. Besides Stunfisk kind of reminds me of Lanturn, in the sense that they've both awesome double-types, but aren't actually that strong. So despite their great double-types, they wouldn't last too long. First Stunfisk would get KOed by Lanturn, and then it would be Lanturn's turn against any other Electric-type.
I suppose that's a decent reason haha. Although considering Stunfisk spends most of it's time under water, perhaps Water attacks wouldn't actually do that much damage to it? o3o Stunfisk's an interesting one in that respect, it really feels like it should have a third typing haha. I suppose if they're both living in the water and Water attacks are super effective against Stunfisk, Lanturn probably would win, but assuming they didn't run into each other before Lanturn was fainted he'd be unstoppable ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalii View Post
Meee I have pictures suggestions. What do you think of one of these ones?
Perfect, thanks! I've put one up on the front page :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Name: Cirno
Partner: Emolga

If all the Electric type Pokémon entered a battle royale, which would win and which would be KOed first?

As stated already, I really can't see Pichu lasting too long. D/ It's tiny and has horrendous HP/defenses, so it'd surely be the first to lose lmao. Legends aside, I think Lanturn has a good shot at emerging victorious since it's really bulky and has can even have Volt Absorb for its ability~
Hi Cirno, welcome to the club - wonderful to have you here n.n Ohhh, I completely forgot about Lanturn's Volt Absorb :o In that case I take it back, Lanturn would probably stand a very decent chance indeed haha. Something like Electivire or Eelektross will probably be able to do it a lot of damage with their incredibly diverse move pools, but given that Lanturn's a pretty bulky Pokémon I reckon it could stand a fair chance of coming out on top with Volt Absorb! Clever thinking haha.

Also what made you choose Emolga as a partner? :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
As for who would win, I'd see Eelektross do it cos of its good movepool and Levitate giving it no weaknesses.
I'd agree with you here, Eelektross is a huge contender imo. It has powerful Dark, Electric, Fire, Normal, Poison, Bug, Rock, Steel, Grass (if you count Grass Knot), Dragon, and Fighting moves, so with that ridiculous amount of coverage (seriously I never realised it was that diverse o.o), I'm certain it would have appropriate moves to take down 90% of it's enemies and come out victorious :p

By the way, if anyone has another discussion they'd like to bring up then feel free to do so at any time :)
__________________
  #110    
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Major Ziggs's Avatar
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Club closed due to owner's request.

(I enjoy talking in third person. :D But yeah, closing it as the Electric club has been requested to be made by someone else and it's time it got remade.)
__________________
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.